T

takyon

im just a girl
Oct 9, 2023
is anyone else finally facing the consequences of not regularly brushing their teeth ? i was so depressed over the summer and had no routine at all after i graduated highschool and the only reason i had before that to brush my teeth was going to school. now my gums are absolutely fucking awful. they bleed when i brush my teeth and bleed when i dont. when i suck on my bottom teeth or apply pressure to my gums with my finger, they bleed. also my gums are actually receding away from my bottom teeth. it doesnt help that i was smoking like crazy all summer too. i have gray spots on my lateral incisors (next to front teeth) because i smoked on the side of my mouth. i regret it so much. at least ive been able to cut back on cigarettes but still have little motivation to brush. i would brush before i would see my situationship so he would still kiss me, and now that hes gone again i stopped brushing again. i hate how i cant even do completely normal tasks like brushing my fucking teeth

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: consider, アホペンギン, Freyja13 and 5 others
R

RainyDay97

Sep 15, 2023
I have this anti-pattern also as habit, i am brushing me teeths so unreguallary... And i wondering too why it seems to be so fucking complicated. It's only 2-3 mins/day and i also fail so bad doing this fucking task. At least i have "only" problems with my back teeths, two (top) needs a root canal treatment (and i am so afraid to think about this operation)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Freyja13, S like suicide, takyon and 1 other person
puella

puella

she/they
Oct 5, 2023
It can be so hard to take care of yourself when you're depressed. Please don't be hard on yourself. You deserve kindness—including from yourself.

Habitual tasks are the only reason I'm able to anything. But it can also be hard to build a habit. My body just feels like brushing after I've eaten, because that's what I grew up forced to do. But even then, there are many days when I eat nothing. And on those days I can't make myself brush my teeth. I understand how you feel.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Freyja13, S like suicide, Starry2He and 3 others
Starry2He

Starry2He

Talking Corpse
Oct 8, 2023
I have a terrible time creating habits and my parents never instilled oral hygiene in me when i was younger, im surprised my teeth haven't fallen out yet! I can absolutely relate to the woes you are experiencing.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Freyja13, anxious_depressive, S like suicide and 4 others
T

takyon

im just a girl
Oct 9, 2023
I have this anti-pattern also as habit, i am brushing me teeths so unreguallary... And i wondering too why it seems to be so fucking complicated. It's only 2-3 mins/day and i also fail so bad doing this fucking task. At least i have "only" problems with my back teeths, two (top) needs a root canal treatment (and i am so afraid to think about this operation)
yeah a root canal sounds scary i understand why you're afraid. if you're able to do it though you should, before the problem gets worse. i believe in u
It can be so hard to take care of yourself when you're depressed. Please don't be hard on yourself. You deserve kindness—including from yourself.

Habitual tasks are the only reason I'm able to anything. But it can also be hard to build a habit. My body just feels like brushing after I've eaten, because that's what I grew up forced to do. But even then, there are many days when I eat nothing. And on those days I can't make myself brush my teeth. I understand how you feel.
thank you, i should start brushing after i eat too instead of letting bacteria build up. thanks for the idea

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and S like suicide
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
My mother was negligent and never took me to the dentist as a kid. I first went when I was 26. Sadly dental hygiene wasn't taught well to me. Combine that with the struggle to keep the will to exist, it's definitely a challenge.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Freyja13, LoiteringClouds, S like suicide and 2 others
SmollMushroom

SmollMushroom

send N pls
Sep 27, 2023
At least i have "only" problems with my back teeths, two (top) needs a root canal treatment (and i am so afraid to think about this operation)
Root canal is not that terrible if done correctly. Just make sure to go to a dentist you trust and who is experienced enough.
I had that done to me a couple of time and I've been unlucky the last time they've done it to me (the dentist was an incompetent idiot).
I won't go into the details of my case, because I'm sure you will find a competent doctor and you'll do just fine ^_^

• Hugs
Reactions: RainyDay97, anxious_depressive, LoiteringClouds and 2 others
vampire2002

vampire2002

weeb & neet ♡
Oct 8, 2023
i was taught if there's one thing you can force yourself to do each day, it should be brushing your teeth. i don't always do it, i'm not nearly as consistent as i should be. can't be bothered to floss or use mouthwash. most of the time i can push myself to brush my teeth once a day, before i sleep. but some days i'm just too exhausted to bother with it.

but i also can't stand the taste of old food in my mouth, so i prefer to eat really bland things. if i eat something with a strong taste, i will brush multiple times until it goes away

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
is anyone else finally facing the consequences of not regularly brushing their teeth?
Yes me...😭
part of one of my molars broke today.
Yesterday I realized that a crack had formed, and today as soon as I ate something it suddenly broke. I didn't feel any pain but I practically have a molar missing a part, it's no longer there...😱🤯😖😭😭 I think it's broken into small pieces because there is only a small piece left that I kept.
last year a dentist told me that I had some cavities that I needed to treat and then I couldn't go to the dentist anymore due to depression and especially for my family. A few months ago I noticed this cavity becoming more and more widespread and I wanted to go urgently to the dentist but a big fight with my family didn't allow me to do it and I fell even deeper into the deepest depression and today suddenly this happened and I can't stop crying ally tears😭😭😭😭😭.I've had so many suffering with depression but also seeing my body at my age destroying piece by piece... it's something indescribable.I've never felt more miserable than right now.I can't stop crying because I feel so guilty... there's a hole now... that part of the tooth is no longer there, I have no words to express exactly how I feel but it's very bad.
I'm in a terrible situation... horrible.If it gets infected and hurts I don't know what to do because I can't go to the dentist right away...I think this is my final signal to hurry up and suicide

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: anxious_depressive, LoiteringClouds, takyon and 3 others
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
@S like suicide - That happened to me a few months ago. I freaked way the fuck out over it. Hysterically crying all the time and very scared. My husband recently died so I was all alone and even more scared. Im terrfied of the dentist and am very sensitive to physical pain. It was fine after a lot of extra nitrous and injections. If you explain to them you have severe dental anxiety, maybe they can be more understanding. I dont know what your country is like where you live, maybe a dentist can work with you to delay payment or do the work on credit, if your family wont help you out. Best wishes to you and @takyon. I understand how dental stuff is terrifying on a very primal level.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, S like suicide and takyon
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
im sorry your family prevented u from getting help sooner. thats so unfair
Yes...:(:(:( 😖 thank you
@S like suicide - That happened to me a few months ago. I freaked way the fuck out over it. Hysterically crying all the time and very scared. My husband recently died so I was all alone and even more scared. Im terrfied of the dentist and am very sensitive to physical pain. It was fine after a lot of extra nitrous and injections. If you explain to them you have severe dental anxiety, maybe they can be more understanding. I dont know what your country is like where you live, maybe a dentist can work with you to delay payment or do the work on credit, if your family wont help you out. Best wishes to you and @takyon. I understand how dental stuff is terrifying on a very primal level.
😭😭😭I honestly feel like I lost a finger...i mean I can't even belive it yet and I can't stop crying,it's gone...broken.thank you for your message,I really appreciated it.I am very sorry for your loss and I know how it feels to be alone and feeling scared and not having noone you can talk to.
I don't like going to the dentist due to a painful experience when I was a teen but even if scared i always tried to go once a year for a check and cleaning.
Yeah it's a complex situation sadly,thank you for your advice and your message🤗

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ThisUnrest and LoiteringClouds
backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
I'm the same, barely kept care of my teeth and have been smoking for 8 years (+ weed for 4) so my gums are receded and my teeth are all stained. Also deathly afraid of the dentist so never go, I think it's a problem that is more common than people let on so try not to be too hard on yourself <3

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Freyja13 and LoiteringClouds
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
I think my case is a disaster.

My tooth has literally fallen out. And I'm going to lose second one. I'm 36 now.

I've brushed my teeth every day, but I developed severe gum disease and antibiotics didn't work. I visited two dentists but they couldn't find the root cause of the disease.
They saw the roots of my teeth instead, which were exposed by extreme receding of the gum.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Freyja13 and S like suicide
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I lost all my front teeth by 26 to lifestyle that comes with depression and untreated anxiety, I say lost but they are all just nubs remaining so I have shitty veneers a stiff breeze would blow off so I have to be careful. You'd be surprised though half of people walking around now, most have a full set of crowns their rich parents or hard earned drug money bought them, 'turkey teeth' so don't feel insecure.
This is a world.of jokers so have the teeth to apply.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Left

Left

4 Dead 3 please release.
Oct 13, 2023
I used to until I started having gum issues like you. Now I have a strict routine just to avoid the pain. Toothpaste and mouthwash specifically designed for gum health really helps. Depression really fucks you up in ways you can't anticipate. I'm just wondering what health problems will spring up in the near future due to something else I'm neglecting.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds, S like suicide and Freyja13
Freyja13

Freyja13

Today's air quality is mauve and speckled.
May 6, 2023
The other week I noticed my gums are starting to recede and I have red spots on them. I knew this would happen. I've known for quite a long time. I feel like such a fucking idiot for not taking better care of my teeth. It just feels impossible sometimes. I have an easier time brushing my teeth in the mornings after I wake up but at night I just want to get to sleep as quickly as possible. Being unconscious is one of the best things in the world rn. It also sucks that I grind my teeth really bad due to stress so I have smaller teeth :/

• Hugs
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
Must be hard...I personally can't function without being clean...like I can't think at all. But I spend alot of my time in bed lately I only really get up to go to school which I'm ngl I've been skipping cause I can't get out of bed...still even then I can't lie down properly when I feel dirty
Must be hard...I personally can't function without being clean...like I can't think at all. But I spend alot of my time in bed lately I only really get up to go to school which I'm ngl I've been skipping cause I can't get out of bed...still even then I can't lie down properly when I feel dirty

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
I honestly can't remember the last time I brushed my teeth and I would be surprised if it was less than a year ago. I don't know if I got lucky or what but I haven't lost any teeth in years, still got all the teeth I should have, they're pretty yellow but not as bad as you would expect. They sometimes feel sensitive though and I get ulcers regularly, which is a bitch, but hey, that's what you get when you don't take care of yourself.

• Hugs