Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
The past month or so i've been spiraling down further, generally mentally, but especially psychotic disorder. I'm quite sure i'm somewhere on the schizo-spectrum but don't have an idea what exactly is wrong with me/don't have a formal diagnosis since last time i mentioned having psychotic features i got traumatized badly in a psych ward and just lied my way out of it. so could be either schizophrenia or schizo affective disorder, not like it really matters.

Basically, all the symptoms along other issues have been getting worse, both positive and negative symptoms but especially the negative symptoms are getting worse and i don't know how to combat this on my own. All, emotionally, cognitive functions and even physical movements been slowly going down the drain and it gets harder and harder to still function in day to day life and also mask in public. Which makes the positive symptoms, especially certain delusions worse because i simply feel like a zombie slowly rotting away. My body doesn't move how i want it to, i'm just stumbling around awkwardly, can't concentrate, alogia is slowly deteriorating my vocabulary making it harder to form any coherent sentence for others to understand (you won't believe just how long it takes to just type this out. apologies if it still all reads like a mess) and all emotions i'm capable of feeling are basically complete numbness or just pain. Can't really point what exact emotion this even is, all i know is that it hurts badly and makes me want to scream like a hurt animal.

Long ah rant i'm sorry. But i guess i'm dropping this here in hopes others may have any useful coping skills because everywhere else i'm looking it's either just "take meds, go inpatient" or people equally being lost and just sitting in the pain.

Thanks for taking the time to read and have a great day

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashu
am1485

am1485

Jul 27, 2020
I am also a schizophrenic and struggle with negative symptoms. Especially alogia. Like sometimes I can barely string together a few sentences and I barely talk in social setting unless prompted. And my negative symptoms have been getting worse like I can barely read sometimes and math is also really difficult.

I'm not sure what the answer is to be honest, I guess just try to take medication and hope for the best. I try to do things that make me feel good and take my mind off of all the problems I have. I also drink a lot and if drugs were available to me I would probably do that too.

I would just do things that make me feel good and distract me to be honest. Like despite the alogia, talking with friends online helps me to cope and also my girlfriend. Is there anything that makes you feel good despite all the problems you have?

Anyway, I want you to know I understand where you are coming from and you are not alone. Hope this helps.

• Love
Reactions: Morgengrauen
Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
I would just do things that make me feel good and distract me to be honest. Like despite the alogia, talking with friends online helps me to cope and also my girlfriend. Is there anything that makes you feel good despite all the problems you have?
I've also find talking with people one of the most helpful and luckily have couple friends who have the patience to sit through the word salad. Only downside is they all live relatively far and don't always have time and constantly traveling so much being constantly in public is exhausting. Right now i'm basically chained to my bed since Thursday trying to recover from last hangout.

medication on the other hand isn't really for me, at least long term medication. Generally the only times it's really helping is when i'm too manic or in so much distress that i just need to get knocked out but otherwise... ran out of last bit of meds recently and struggle to find a new psychiatrist over a year now. So it's no option at all currently

am1485

am1485

Jul 27, 2020
I've also find talking with people one of the most helpful and luckily have couple friends who have the patience to sit through the word salad. Only downside is they all live relatively far and don't always have time and constantly traveling so much being constantly in public is exhausting. Right now i'm basically chained to my bed since Thursday trying to recover from last hangout.
That sucks that your friends live so far and don't always have the time. But it's good that they help you. I'm very happy to hear that! Why do you feel like you are chained to your bed?

medication on the other hand isn't really for me, at least long term medication. Generally the only times it's really helping is when i'm too manic or in so much distress that i just need to get knocked out but otherwise... ran out of last bit of meds recently and struggle to find a new psychiatrist over a year now. So it's no option at all currently
Yeah medication doesn't help me at all either. It took away the voices in the beginning but other than that it doesn't really do shit. That's why I am planning to get off it. I've been off of it before and was fine. I'm sorry the medication isn't an option for you though. I wish it was more helpful. At least it helps sometimes though.

But yeah just lean on your friends and do other stuff that makes you feel good. That's how I cope. :)

H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I just heard of a new drug called KarXT. Supposedly it helps negative symptoms but I don't have much hope in meds anymore.

Morgengrauen

Morgengrauen

Sunshine Ward
Sep 10, 2023
Why do you feel like you are chained to your bed?
General fatigue. Generally being out so long in such large city is draining but also my friend picked a rather physically demanding activity (climbing forest) which was really fun but also feeling like i used my last bit of energy that day
Yeah medication doesn't help me at all either. It took away the voices in the beginning but other than that it doesn't really do shit. That's why I am planning to get off it. I've been off of it before and was fine. I'm sorry the medication isn't an option for you though. I wish it was more helpful. At least it helps sometimes though.
Understandable, hope it works out for you and either find a medication that works better or manage to deal with it through other methods. Sometimes it helps but unfortunately most medication just doesn't help as it should for most and it's super difficult to be on in the long run while having to function somewhat.

At least good to know to not be alone in this boat, hope you have a great day :)
I just heard of a new drug called KarXT. Supposedly it helps negative symptoms but I don't have much hope in meds anymore.
Sadly not approved yet and will probably take at least another year until they do here in EU. and also would probably need to get an official diagnosis first to get it even prescribed, which is scary to mention to any psychiatrist ngl.

Last edited:
am1485

am1485

Jul 27, 2020
General fatigue. Generally being out so long in such large city is draining but also my friend picked a rather physically demanding activity (climbing forest) which was really fun but also feeling like i used my last bit of energy that day
Wow forest climbing sounds intense no wonder you're tired. lol Hope you had a good time at least.

Understandable, hope it works out for you and either find a medication that works better or manage to deal with it through other methods. Sometimes it helps but unfortunately most medication just doesn't help as it should for most and it's super difficult to be on in the long run while having to function somewhat.

At least good to know to not be alone in this boat, hope you have a great day :)
Yeah it's nice to know there are other people out there facing the same things. Hope you have a great day as well. If you ever want to chat feel free to pm me. :)