B

brownthrasher

Jul 13, 2023
A few weeks ago I attempted to ctb with antifreeze and it honestly wasn't a terrible experience. While it's obviously a long and painful way to go, it causes you to become extremely and heavily intoxicated, as antifreeze is a type of ethanol. The experience looks something like this:

The actual liquid will cause minor chemical burns in your throat, but they aren't painful as long as you cough frequently for a while. Unfortunately most modern antifreeze is flavored with a bittering substance that makes it taste like soap. Again though, it's not the worst thing in the world.

Soon after, you will become extremely dizzy, and will want to go lay down. I lost consciousness at this point but the rest of my experience has been relayed by my family

Around hour 2 I got up to go to the bathroom for some reason, but kept falling and had very slurred speech. Soon after I began vomiting. Maybe this symptom could be improved with medication? For the next few hours I gradually lost major motor function. Around hour 6 I lost fine motor function, and at hour 8 my breathing became shallow. I was then taken to the hospital and made a full recovery

Obviously I can't comment on the amount of suffering I sustained during the attempt since I don't remember the events that occurred, but for somebody who wants to ctb urgently and is low on cash and resources, this may not be the worst method in the world. Obviously you will fail if in the presence of friends or family, so this is only viable if you are alone.

Pros:
Widely available
Cheap
Easily drinkable
Reliable

Cons:
Unpleasant
Death occurs in 24-36 hours

So what do you guys think, could antifreeze be a viable method for someone who is desperate? After all, I can't imagine sitting in bed drunk out of your mind for 24 hours is the worst way to die out there.

• Aww..
Reactions: misthios2040, SilentSuicidal and dialogos
G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
It doesn't sound scary or bad at all, I had heard the pain can be long and agonising.

Btw how many grams or ml did you consume if you don't mind me asking??

dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
It doesn't sound scary or bad at all, I had heard the pain can be long and agonising.

Btw how many grams or ml did you consume if you don't mind me asking??
You got to remember not everyone's bodies are the same. The OP may have verry high pain tolerance or she might have a condition that makes her nerves much number than normal.
You're right, most medical reports and testimony states its a painful and agonizing way to go.
When in doubt, check the medical literature and not anecdotal experience.

M

misthios2040

Smile now it’s almost over
Sep 20, 2023
A few weeks ago I attempted to ctb with antifreeze and it honestly wasn't a terrible experience. While it's obviously a long and painful way to go, it causes you to become extremely and heavily intoxicated, as antifreeze is a type of ethanol. The experience looks something like this:

The actual liquid will cause minor chemical burns in your throat, but they aren't painful as long as you cough frequently for a while. Unfortunately most modern antifreeze is flavored with a bittering substance that makes it taste like soap. Again though, it's not the worst thing in the world.

Soon after, you will become extremely dizzy, and will want to go lay down. I lost consciousness at this point but the rest of my experience has been relayed by my family

Around hour 2 I got up to go to the bathroom for some reason, but kept falling and had very slurred speech. Soon after I began vomiting. Maybe this symptom could be improved with medication? For the next few hours I gradually lost major motor function. Around hour 6 I lost fine motor function, and at hour 8 my breathing became shallow. I was then taken to the hospital and made a full recovery

Obviously I can't comment on the amount of suffering I sustained during the attempt since I don't remember the events that occurred, but for somebody who wants to ctb urgently and is low on cash and resources, this may not be the worst method in the world. Obviously you will fail if in the presence of friends or family, so this is only viable if you are alone.

Pros:
Widely available
Cheap
Easily drinkable
Reliable

Cons:
Unpleasant
Death occurs in 24-36 hours

So what do you guys think, could antifreeze be a viable method for someone who is desperate? After all, I can't imagine sitting in bed drunk out of your mind for 24 hours is the worst way to die out there.
This makes me feel a lot better. I plan on drinking antifreeze and then hanging myself

• Wow
Reactions: TimetoGo!
R

ropearoundatree

Experienced
Nov 9, 2023
I knew of one man who did this, and wound up in the ICU, with according to his family, dr.'s stated a 98% chance of death. He survived, then tried again, and succeeded. I have not looked into it, but I'm beginning to think of it as a "back-up." Even though I don't quite have my primary nailed down just yet...