L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
A relatively low cost of living is the only thing that keeps me here. Plus all the hassle and trauma of moving.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, ColorlessTrees, Zhendou and 2 others
Al0neAlwayz

Al0neAlwayz

In the end, it doesn't even matter...
Sep 10, 2022
I'm in FL. How bout you?

• Hugs
Reactions: garcelle, Celerity, Sick of it all and 2 others
πŸ‘

πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘ƒπŸ‘οΈ

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
Louisiana

Reactions: woe-boy, MountainMonkey, newave3 and 2 others
nopride86

nopride86

Student
Mar 16, 2022
I live in FL but in a part that is only a stone-throw away from Alabama. It's scary to be reminded of how low our rent is compared to the rest of the county, because I couldn't even afford this rent if I lived alone. I'd be on the street, or worse, forced to live with my mentally/emotionally abusive mother.

Short of going to some nowhere town in the Midwest that doesn't have good employment opportunities, there's nowhere else to live "cheaply" other than the good ol' south. I really don't care about where I live though, you can't outrun what's in your own head.

• Aww..
Reactions: Traveler VII, Al0neAlwayz and Zhendou
Zhendou

Zhendou

Alive
Sep 17, 2022
I live in Florida

Reactions: Al0neAlwayz and πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘ƒπŸ‘οΈ
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
I wish I lived down there but I'm too lazy to move

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames, Al0neAlwayz and πŸ‘οΈπŸ‘ƒπŸ‘οΈ
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
I live in FL but in a part that is only a stone-throw away from Alabama. It's scary to be reminded of how low our rent is compared to the rest of the county, because I couldn't even afford this rent if I lived alone. I'd be on the street, or worse, forced to live with my mentally/emotionally abusive mother.

Short of going to some nowhere town in the Midwest that doesn't have good employment opportunities, there's nowhere else to live "cheaply" other than the good ol' south. I really don't care about where I live though, you can't outrun what's in your own head.
Walton County, by any chance? My Dad grew up on a farm in Geneva County, Alabama. It was just a few miles from the Florida line.

SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
Depends. Half of the year I'm in London in the UK, half I'm in my homeland, southern Georgia. I'm near the tri state area of Florida and Alabama, probably close-ish to some others itt.

C

cfcfcfcf

Aug 24, 2022
Depends. Half of the year I'm in London in the UK, half I'm in my homeland, southern Georgia. I'm near the tri state area of Florida and Alabama, probably close-ish to some others itt.
That sounds like a dream

Reactions: SadJessu
dirtnap

dirtnap

Jun 7, 2022
I'm a Yankee but have love for you southerners

• Love
Reactions: SadJessu
SadJessu

SadJessu

Just tired.
Aug 17, 2020
That sounds like a dream
My husband is English, so that's my connection. I'd love to say that it's amazing, but after a while everything becomes stale. Comes with the territory of depression I suppose.

ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
South Texas, in a run down city I hate. Could be worse, but it's not great. Especially right now.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3
T

Traveler VII

Sep 9, 2022
Originally from PA, but lived in TN since 1993. Not in TN at present.

you can't outrun what's in your own head.

I have a self-contained universe that I'd infinitely prefer over this life - if only we could flush out the horrible things slithering in-between what should be.

after a while everything becomes stale. Comes with the territory of depression I suppose.

This is exactly where I am; the things that should excite me have lost their luster.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3, nopride86 and SadJessu
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
I'm in the south Bronx.

• Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: Venus13, Nolan96 and Cathy Ames
hunterfla

hunterfla

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
Floriduh here, too. Not surprised to see quite a few of us here. With any luck, the hurricane will take me away next week. LOL

Reactions: garcelle and Al0neAlwayz
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
Floriduh here, too. Not surprised to see quite a few of us here. With any luck, the hurricane will take me away next week. LOL
My sister and her family live in Lakeland.

Reactions: newave3 and hunterfla
nopride86

nopride86

Student
Mar 16, 2022
Walton County, by any chance?
Close, Escambia County. Pretty much all the same though.

I'm also pretty surprised and yet also not surprised by the number of Floridians in here. I wasn't born here, but I lived in Central FL for most of my life until moving to NWFL last year. Thought a change of scenery and experiences would make things better….sometimes I think it made it worse.

• Informative
Reactions: newave3
A

alterjohn37

Sep 22, 2022
Alabama here, anyone around North Alabama areas?

Al0neAlwayz

Al0neAlwayz

In the end, it doesn't even matter...
Sep 10, 2022
I hope the same thing, but I'm too far inland :(