• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Bentley Goldman

Bentley Goldman

OFFMYSELF
Feb 13, 2019
"To realize that all your life—you know, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain—it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream. A dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person. And like a lot of dreams there's a monster at the end of it¨.

Rust Cohle got me into a lot of existential philosophy as well. I read the Conspiracy Against The Human race and I am reading some Jean-Paul Sartre as well.

The thing I like about Rust is he knows that consciousness is a mistake, he knows there is no point in existence and he knows that life is not something to be desired because it is pure hell.

Reactions: About_to_Go, Smilla, Pulpit2018 and 2 others

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
Very interesting character. I cut alot of clips of his on VLC.

Reactions: Pulpit2018, brighter and Bentley Goldman
W

wiroho

Student
Jan 27, 2019
He changed his mind in the last episode

Reactions: brighter
Pulpit2018

Pulpit2018

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
He changed his mind in the last episode

I am not sure.
Remember when he was in the bed in the hospital he said to Marty: We did not get them all.
In which Marty responds: Its not that kind of a world.

So clearly he is still a pessimist.Also the passage about the darkness in the sky confirms it.
The objectively optimistic comment that "light is gaining ground" means he believes they won a small fight.

Its a misconception to think Rust was a nihilist.He never was.Beneath the downbeaten persona was a driven man dedicated to finding the bad criminals.He wanted to redeem himself for the death of his daughter.He had deep down internal faith that his actions were meaningful,even if he always claimed the world was screwed up.

Reactions: About_to_Go, Smilla and Bentley Goldman

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
I am not sure.
Remember when he was in the bed in the hospital he said to Marty: We did not get them all.

So clearly he is still a pessimist.Also the passage about the darkness in the sky confirms it.
The objectively optimistic comment that "light is gaining ground" means he believes they won a small fight.

Its a misconception to think Rust was a nihilist.He never was.Beneath the downbeaten persona was a driven man dedicated to finding the bad criminals.He wanted to redeem himself for the death of his daughter.He had deep down internal faith that his actions were meaningful,even if he always claimed the world was screwed up.
True detectives is my favorite show of all time. I've rewatched the series like 5 times. There is nothing like it.

Reactions: Smilla, Bentley Goldman and Pulpit2018
Bentley Goldman

Bentley Goldman

OFFMYSELF
Feb 13, 2019
True detectives is my favorite show of all time. I've rewatched the series like 5 times. There is nothing like it.

Yea me too, what´s your favorite quote ?

Reactions: Smilla

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
Yea me too, what´s your favorite quote ?
"This place is like somebody's memory of a town, and the memory is fading."

When they're in that abandoned strip mall

Reactions: Smilla and Bentley Goldman
Bentley Goldman

Bentley Goldman

OFFMYSELF
Feb 13, 2019
"This place is like somebody's memory of a town, and the memory is fading."

When they're in that abandoned strip mall

Yea it seems like everything Rust says hits home. I love Rust Cohle

Bentley Goldman

Bentley Goldman

OFFMYSELF
Feb 13, 2019
I am not sure.

So do you think Rust was an existentialist?

locusdelicti

locusdelicti

Jan 6, 2019
So do you think Rust was an existentialist?
Absolutely, as is evidenced by his pursuit of the authentic reality, devoid of coloration by what he calls our "programming." But also a Pessimist, as he states himself. His ideology is pretty well summed up in this quote:

"We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self; an accretion of sensory, experience and feeling, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody is nobody."

Reactions: Smilla, Pulpit2018 and Bentley Goldman