L

lizinha

Student
Feb 6, 2019
I remember the exact day I joined and I initially never planned on making it this far but now that I'm still here I'm not proud Im wondering if anyone else
can resonate because it's all gotten so much worse since last year.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: come to dust, WinterFaust, Should be gone and 14 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Check out the past maybe 4 days on the User Discussion Megathread, there have been some shout outs.

Reactions: Quinlor, omoidarui, lemmeeleev and 7 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
If you count the time I've lurked before I joined it's easily been a year.

Reactions: lemmeeleev, not-2-b-the-answer, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Whats the plan for your account? I may just delete mine when im closer to my date
Well I'm in recovery so I intend to stick around atleast a little bit.

• Hugs
Reactions: Quinlor, lemmeeleev, not-2-b-the-answer and 3 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I hope that everyone who's been here for a long time will stick around a little longer, recover and build something resembling a normal life, and leave this place behind because they don't need it anymore. If you're still here, you're still alive, and there's still a chance your life will get better.

• Love
Reactions: Cid9121, CC123, Busdriver and 8 others
Cold

Cold

Earthbound
Aug 27, 2018
I'm still here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, omoidarui, lemmeeleev and 6 others
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I first joined around this time last year under a different user name.
Ive attempted seriously twice since. This forum though has been an amazing support and truly helped me through the past year.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cid9121, Should be gone, andy69 and 7 others
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Yes I've been a registered user since nov 2018, but visited as a guest since March 2018.. why am I still alive? Gotta do something about that.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, Busdriver, Halo13 and 6 others
Nanami

Nanami

Global Mod
Nov 20, 2018
Yep, still here somehow.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, andy69, Quinlor and 12 others
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Glad ur still here nanami! :hug: Glad for everyone who somehow overcame many obstacles & continue to try and move forward

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cid9121, Should be gone, TheNorthernSilence and 6 others
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Still here. I reflect on the reasons I gave the forum when I was first signing up for an account. I wonder why I'm still here or how I made it another year.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, ImsooDone1N, Quinlor and 8 others
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Getting there.
Definately miss the times when i joined.
I had never been associated with the more "shady" side of the internet, but when i discovered this website, it gave me such a pleasant feeling of companioship and comprehension.
Of course, as your time here goes by, just like everything else in life, it does get old and it becomes another normal and monotonous thing ij your life. I'm really grateful to have this place, though.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cid9121, Should be gone, ImsooDone1N and 4 others
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I'm not dead yet.
The (or a) thing that keeps me alive is uncertainty. I may qualify for a surgery that turns me to a free man, I might not. For the time being I just sit and wait.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, ImsooDone1N, lemmeeleev and 6 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I've been here awhile. This place might have actually kept me going. I've had some extremely suicidal times during the course of my time here though. At one time I was taking adderall daily which caused suicidal ideation to be worse.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Random, Should be gone, ImsooDone1N and 10 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Still here

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, ImsooDone1N, lizinha and 8 others
Mynameisnotimportant

Mynameisnotimportant

4 years recovered. SS Vetran
Aug 21, 2018
I'm not super active but I try to post more on the recovery thread more. Most old users I assume are either dead or recovered. For a bit after my attempt it was too triggering to revisit this site but I think I'm good now

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, ImsooDone1N, Halo13 and 5 others
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
I asked the same question a few days ago and am gradually seeing more users who used to post.

• Love
Reactions: Should be gone, lizinha, Quinlor and 3 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I hope that everyone who's been here for a long time will stick around a little longer, recover and build something resembling a normal life, and leave this place behind because they don't need it anymore. If you're still here, you're still alive, and there's still a chance your life will get better.
Sorry but thats not the case for long time members.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Should be gone, Worthless_nobody, ImsooDone1N and 7 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I've been here for over 2 years. (I had to look) I'm happy that S.S. is here to help me cope with everything but sad that I'm still alive. (I mentioned this in another thread) :'(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Cid9121, Should be gone, ImsooDone1N and 11 others
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I haven't been here over a year yet, but getting there

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Halo13, lizinha and 7 others
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
Me, unfortunately

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, ImsooDone1N, not-2-b-the-answer and 6 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
checking in...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, ImsooDone1N, not-2-b-the-answer and 9 others
U

Ukmale

Student
Sep 23, 2018
Yes

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, ImsooDone1N, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Reporting for duty.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, TheNorthernSilence, ImsooDone1N and 6 others
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
No, but I can still hope.
I understand but actually thats a part of what causes alienation to older members and make them leave. Expectations and goals are to be made during a period of time could make additional pressure on the members and make them leave. Some people are trapped and some want to take their time before ctb.
Many older members (the very old ones) were actually a part of the previous subreddits for years. Some people are also lurkers or guests who register later.
Many of the older members who leave actually don't leave because of getting better but either for ctbing or having a problems with the forum like alienation for example (and I've experienced and seen many losses).
Unlike Reddit, here the time indicator is very negative, many people are judgmental and older members would feel alienated with the additional losses of older forum friends. Some leave because they don't get the method they want or find new methods (N/SN is like a cult but not everyone capable of getting it), unfortunately, this can lead to painful methods or impulsive failed attempts. There are more problems and detailed analysis. Sorry for the long reply

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Should be gone, Worthless_nobody, Busdriver and 8 others
TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
Still here, and it's getting worse every day for me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mia Wallace, Should be gone, Busdriver and 7 others
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Still here and definitely getting worse. Heck, it seems like when I joined I was much better but now I'm not doing well at all and when I joined I was near death. I'm embarrassed by still being here, the site is full of empathic users which is great but something is seriously wrong and I'm slipping so far down into depression that getting out of this looks like it will take a casket or cremation.
I'm freaking out right now, I wish someone could help me

peace/hugs❤️

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, Worthless_nobody, Busdriver and 9 others
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I understand but actually thats a part of what causes alienation to older members and make them leave. Expectations and goals are to be made during a period of time could make additional pressure on the members and make them leave.

For me, it's outright harrowing to see so many people in pain. To stand all this death, I have to tell myself that many will manage to get through their ordeals alive. My post was just an innocent expression of this and absolutely not meant to put pressure on anyone. Not that I can see how it could. Those who have been here for a long time hardly care what my hopes are.

Some people are trapped and some want to take their time before ctb.
Many older members (the very old ones) were actually a part of the previous subreddits for years. Some people are also lurkers or guests who register later.
Many of the older members who leave actually don't leave because of getting better but either for ctbing or having a problems with the forum like alienation for example (and I've experienced and seen many losses).
Unlike Reddit, here the time indicator is very negative, many people are judgmental and older members would feel alienated with the additional losses of older forum friends. Some leave because they don't get the method they want or find new methods (N/SN is like a cult but not everyone capable of getting it), unfortunately, this can lead to painful methods or impulsive failed attempts. There are more problems and detailed analysis. Sorry for the long reply

I've noticed a few posts and threads which are judgemental, as you say. To me, that's probably the most surreal aspect of this forum, even more so than the goodbye threads and SN threads. They are being judged for fighting to recover or for struggling with the probably most difficult decision one can make in life. Those who are judgmental are basically saying, "Why are you trying? Why don't you just give up instead?" Again, surreal.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Should be gone, ImsooDone1N, not-2-b-the-answer and 6 others
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
Me, checking...
I remember when I joined to SS I was looking information about cyanide and apple seeds:ahhha::I...
Now, I'm almost recovered, I believe, of severe depression symptoms like insomnia, catatonism, feeling already dead and etc. But I still here talking about life and dead and speacially helping the newcomers. It's very important to me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Should be gone, ImsooDone1N, lemmeeleev and 6 others