BackpackBones

BackpackBones

Nov 1, 2023
Despite this thread on surface level not fitting with the theme of ctb, I find it strangely appropriate as I find half of the suggested methods (mainly the ones with chemicals) to make oneself permanently mute risk fatality. Still, if people are not comfortable with such a subject remaining on this forum I'd be okay with this being deleted.
For years now I've wanted to go through with losing my voice as I find myself hating the obligations involved in communication. I do not like having a voice and I wish I could never speak. Moreover, I never like the things I have to say or that I chose to say. I feel like being able to speak is at times a much greater pain than no communication at all.
Any chemical suggestions/ methods for how to induce this? (preferably one which does not involve surgery and one which lacks in other long lasting or permanent effects. If a method results in ctb, that is fine).

• Hugs
Reactions: Spiritual survivor, ThisIsLife, Lostandlooking and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, thatā€™s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I've wondered this as well. People (my mom lol) force me to speak by replying to them and lately I don't even have the energy to talk because my throat hurts.

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
You know what is crazy? Imagine suddenly not talking/responding to anyone, I bet they would lock us up at worst and consider us a threat just because we refuse to interact.

• Wow
Reactions: ThisIsLife, sserafim and hetwordtmeteveel
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
You know what is crazy? Imagine suddenly not talking/responding to anyone, I bet they would lock us up at worst and consider us a threat just because we refuse to interact.
it can be symptoms of schizophrenia, catatonia & alogia. i have been hospitalized in part for it lol.

i understand how you feel, op. sometimes i cant speak no matter how hard i try, and trying is pure torture. i wish everyone would just give up. even text messages are impossible. i dont know if theres any way to safely disable your voice box though. it seems very risky, you could easily do a lot more damage than just to your voice. any chemicals you swallow will damage your esophagus and stomach, and probably not even touch your larynx.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and R_N
Spiritual survivor

Spiritual survivor

A born again but occasionally suicidal
Feb 13, 2022
Despite this thread on surface level not fitting with the theme of ctb, I find it strangely appropriate as I find half of the suggested methods (mainly the ones with chemicals) to make oneself permanently mute risk fatality. Still, if people are not comfortable with such a subject remaining on this forum I'd be okay with this being deleted.
For years now I've wanted to go through with losing my voice as I find myself hating the obligations involved in communication. I do not like having a voice and I wish I could never speak. Moreover, I never like the things I have to say or that I chose to say. I feel like being able to speak is at times a much greater pain than no communication at all.
Any chemical suggestions/ methods for how to induce this? (preferably one which does not involve surgery and one which lacks in other long lasting or permanent effects. If a method results in ctb, that is fine).
U could just stop talking šŸ˜‚ like pretend u lost your voice and u have no idea what happened. Fake it till everyone believes it. Eventually if u stop talking, u might lose the ability all together, and vocal cords will atrophy from lack of use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon