duwangJEff

duwangJEff

Sep 12, 2023
I don't mean to sound excessively edgy, but I really like the idea of owning a human skull. I'm already collecting animal skulls, and have a deer skull tied to my passenger seat (I call it my passenger princess).

I think it would depend mostly on the country you live in, how you obtain the skull, and how old it is. For context, I live in the USA

• Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns and Passersby
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
Try Goodwill, lol. Not sure if you heard about that story but it's pretty wild. I also have a couple of small animal skulls that I found and cleaned and put on display. Cool rocks and pieces of driftwood too lol. Honestly though I have no clue about a human skull. I did just do a quick google search and this came up: https://www.boneroom.com/store/c45/Human_Skulls.html

duwangJEff

duwangJEff

Sep 12, 2023
Try Goodwill, lol. Not sure if you heard about that story but it's pretty wild. I also have a couple of small animal skulls that I found and cleaned and put on display. Cool rocks and pieces of driftwood too lol. Honestly though I have no clue about a human skull. I did just do a quick google search and this came up: https://www.boneroom.com/store/c45/Human_Skulls.html
Interesting. Well, i guess that answers my question. Seeing the skulls makes me feel like changing my mind though, it almost feels immoral to have one, like it might curse me or something. The prices aren't horrible, all things considered

B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
Interesting. Well, i guess that answers my question. Seeing the skulls makes me feel like changing my mind though, it almost feels immoral to have one, like it might curse me or something. The prices aren't horrible, all things considered
I personally wouldn't want to own a human skull. Not my thing. I understand that you might have changed your mind, it's honestly a really creepy thing to own. Doesn't seem right in my opinion, immoral for one and just downright disturbing. But I'm not one to judge and I can see how some people might find it cool.

duwangJEff

duwangJEff

Sep 12, 2023
I personally wouldn't want to own a human skull. Not my thing. I understand that you might have changed your mind, it's honestly a really creepy thing to own. Doesn't seem right in my opinion, immoral for one and just downright disturbing. But I'm not one to judge and I can see how some people might find it cool.
Yeah. It does feel really funky. Animal skulls don't bother me at all. But a human skull... well, that used to be a person. That was inside of someone until they died. Makes it kind of cool, but it also feels disrespectful.

That aside, they are a bit pricey. Not sure I wanna drop $2k on something I'm not even sure about owning

Reactions: bluebus
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
i collect bones too and ive always wondered about human bones. i think if i knew who the bones came from and how they died etc. i wouldnt feel weird about owning it, but just a random unnamed bone would make me worry that they didnt have a say in what happened to them before or after they died if that makes sense, that feels wrong to me. i kinda want my bones to be preserved so someone that likes collecting them could have them and maybe turn them into art or just display them, but not so i can be remembered, just so i can be of some use after im dead unlike how i am alive lol.

duwangJEff

duwangJEff

Sep 12, 2023
i collect bones too and ive always wondered about human bones. i think if i knew who the bones came from and how they died etc. i wouldnt feel weird about owning it, but just a random unnamed bone would make me worry that they didnt have a say in what happened to them before or after they died if that makes sense, that feels wrong to me. i kinda want my bones to be preserved so someone that likes collecting them could have them and maybe turn them into art or just display them, but not so i can be remembered, just so i can be of some use after im dead unlike how i am alive lol.
Yeah, I agree with you somewhat here. If I at least knew who's skull it was, I could use it's name while referring to it. Feels a bit more respectful. Plus (assuming spirits and hauntingly are real), I would think that an unnamed skull that died in mysterious ways may still have a restless spirit attached, and this spirit may haunt whoever owns it until it is given proper respects or buried or something. On the other hand, the spirit may be content with its skull being owned by someone, so long as it's not disrespected. Either way, it's better to know more about where the skull came from

I also think a skull could make for a cool family heirloom. Assuming I had a family and didn't CTB due to shotgun head, I'd like it if my family would keep my skull around. I think it would be neat

Reactions: cgrtt.brns