B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
Just wanted to see if there are others out here.

• Love
Reactions: CrazyDiamond04 and psp3000
SpaceBoyEvangef

SpaceBoyEvangef

"Gonna get you like a space boy!"
Aug 16, 2023
I have only heard one song, but do give me more songs to listen to!

• Love
Reactions: bluebus and Zer0
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Hey! They are my favorite band after The Doors. There are sooo many good songs, and each album is completely different. They span so many genres/ sounds it's actually crazy. I'd recommend anything off of Flying Microtonal Banana (sleep drifter and nuclear fusion are my faves), but depending on what kind of music you like there is definitely an album for you. What have you heard by them?

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

Metal Fan- Wants to hang Under The Oak
May 8, 2023
Funny you mention it, I'm listening to them right now lol.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
hell yeah! What got you into them?
Just came across them by chance. Spotify recommended infest the rats nest to me and I've been a fan ever since.

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Just came across them by chance. Spotify recommended infest the rats nest to me and I've been a fan ever since.
The first song I ever heard by them was Perihelion. I was hooked after that. Never looked back. Such a great album, although I say that about all of them lol

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
The first song I ever heard by them was Perihelion. I was hooked after that. Never looked back. Such a great album, although I say that about all of them lol
Ha! I say the same thing. Perihelion is a good first song to get hooked on though, it's a great song. Got any favorite albums in particular?

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
People think I'm crazy when I start talking about them, the name alone is enough to catch peoples attention lol. I really love willoughby's, 12 bar bruise, flying microtonal, nonagon, and KG. But I can't say there isn't one I enjoy. Maybe Made in Timeland but I can't say I hate, just not my favorite. How about you?

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
People think I'm crazy when I start talking about them, the name alone is enough to catch peoples attention lol. I really love willoughby's, 12 bar bruise, flying microtonal, nonagon, and KG. But I can't say there isn't one I enjoy. Maybe Made in Timeland but I can't say I hate, just not my favorite. How about you?
My personal all time favorite album from them is Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms and Lava. Just an all around fantastic album with amazing songs like Hell's Itch, Magma, and Iron Lung. Others I really love are Petrodragonic Apocalypse, Paper Mache Dream Balloon, Infest the Rats Nest, and Nonagon Infinity. Also, I just realized that I'm replying to this an entire month later, oof.

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
My personal all time favorite album from them is Ice, Death, Planets, Lungs, Mushrooms and Lava. Just an all around fantastic album with amazing songs like Hell's Itch, Magma, and Iron Lung. Others I really love are Petrodragonic Apocalypse, Paper Mache Dream Balloon, Infest the Rats Nest, and Nonagon Infinity. Also, I just realized that I'm replying to this an entire month later, oof.
hey man! Lol it's all good I'm still here, not much longer let's hope. IDPLML is a fantastic album. I was at Forest Hills last October and that album had just come out like a week before. I listened to it once through and digger it. They played Iron Lung as the finale and it was EPIC. Everyone was just vibing and swaying and it was totally surreal. After that night I couldn't for the life of me stop playing Iron Lung. That's really when I started to appreciate the album. Petro Dragon is incredible! Really wild stuff. Rats nest and nonagon and paper mache too! You have great taste lol. Have you listened to eyes like the sky, and flying microtonal? I love how all of their albums tell some sort of story/ have some sort of theme. Really intricate and complicate music too. I can't believe how fast they are able to create.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
hey man! Lol it's all good I'm still here, not much longer let's hope. IDPLML is a fantastic album. I was at Forest Hills last October and that album had just come out like a week before. I listened to it once through and digger it. They played Iron Lung as the finale and it was EPIC. Everyone was just vibing and swaying and it was totally surreal. After that night I couldn't for the life of me stop playing Iron Lung. That's really when I started to appreciate the album. Petro Dragon is incredible! Really wild stuff. Rats nest and nonagon and paper mache too! You have great taste lol. Have you listened to eyes like the sky, and flying microtonal? I love how all of their albums tell some sort of story/ have some sort of theme. Really intricate and complicate music too. I can't believe how fast they are able to create.
You got to see them live? I'm so jealous lol! I've seen some live performances from them and they just seem amazing. They just sound like one of those "once in a lifetime" live band experiences. I remember watching their live performance of Iron Lung on KEXP and being blown away by it; I honestly think it's better than the studio version of it! As for eyes like the sky and flying microtonal banana, I think I've only listened to the first track on eyes like the sky and I don't think I've heard any of FMB. I move through discographies at a literal glacial pace so that's just par for the course for me lol. I really got to get to them though. And yeah their output is insane! I don't know how the hell they do it, I could only imagine if Tool or other bands I like put out material that frequently.

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
You got to see them live? I'm so jealous lol! I've seen some live performances from them and they just seem amazing. They just sound like one of those "once in a lifetime" live band experiences. I remember watching their live performance of Iron Lung on KEXP and being blown away by it; I honestly think it's better than the studio version of it! As for eyes like the sky and flying microtonal banana, I think I've only listened to the first track on eyes like the sky and I don't think I've heard any of FMB. I move through discographies at a literal glacial pace so that's just par for the course for me lol. I really got to get to them though. And yeah their output is insane! I don't know how the hell they do it, I could only imagine if Tool or other bands I like put out material that frequently.
Seeing them live was EPIC. I had tickets to see them twice before that but covid happened. It was definitely one of the best concerts I've been to though. Super fun, chill crowd, and Forest Hills is just such a great venue. I saw Willie Nelson, Los Lobos, Bob Weir, and String Cheese Incident there like 2 days ago lol. And yeah some bands sound better in studio but they are even better live! So much energy and chaos! I highly recommend Flying Microtonal (sleep drifter, nuclear fusion, and billing valley are my faves on that album) and Eyes Like the Sky. Two completely different sounds but amazing in their own ways. I totally get moving through their stuff slowly. When I first discovered Gizz, it took me half a year of listening to nothing but them to get through all off their albums and songs. Literally all I listened to for the second half of 2019 was Gizz lol. It definitely takes some time so I get where you're come from. As for their output, yeah it's ridiculous. I can't think of too many otter bands that are on their level in terms of that. So crazy!
What other kind of music are you into?

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
Seeing them live was EPIC. I had tickets to see them twice before that but covid happened. It was definitely one of the best concerts I've been to though. Super fun, chill crowd, and Forest Hills is just such a great venue. I saw Willie Nelson, Los Lobos, Bob Weir, and String Cheese Incident there like 2 days ago lol. And yeah some bands sound better in studio but they are even better live! So much energy and chaos! I highly recommend Flying Microtonal (sleep drifter, nuclear fusion, and billing valley are my faves on that album) and Eyes Like the Sky. Two completely different sounds but amazing in their own ways. I totally get moving through their stuff slowly. When I first discovered Gizz, it took me half a year of listening to nothing but them to get through all off their albums and songs. Literally all I listened to for the second half of 2019 was Gizz lol. It definitely takes some time so I get where you're come from. As for their output, yeah it's ridiculous. I can't think of too many otter bands that are on their level in terms of that. So crazy!
What other kind of music are you into?
It's taking even longer for me. I think it's been a year and I haven't even gotten through half of their discography yet lol. Also yeah, they definitely seem like a band that would be killer live. As for other bands I like, good lord. I think a couple that I can list off the top of my head would be Pink Floyd, Weezer, Deftones, The Smashing Pumpkins (duh), Pantera, Megadeth, Dream Theater, and I should stop there before I end up listing them all lol. How about you?

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
It's taking even longer for me. I think it's been a year and I haven't even gotten through half of their discography yet lol. Also yeah, they definitely seem like a band that would be killer live. As for other bands I like, good lord. I think a couple that I can list off the top of my head would be Pink Floyd, Weezer, Deftones, The Smashing Pumpkins (duh), Pantera, Megadeth, Dream Theater, and I should stop there before I end up listing them all lol. How about you?
Everyone goes at their own pace-- I'm pretty sure I just fell into a gizzardhole and came out the other side 6 months later lol. I honestly wish I could see them live again but ya know. Aaahhh Weezer is great. I had tickets to see them (at Forest Hills lol) over the summer but I needed up selling them. Kind of wish I had gone but I don't think I would have enjoyed it much given the headspace I was in. Obvi smashing pumpkins I can see yeah, I like some of their songs (1979 & Today are a couple) but I haven't explored them much. Pink Floyd I really appreciate but I've had a hard time getting into them, still they are an incredible band. I'm not familiar with those other bands but now my interest is piqued, I'm going to have to check them out.
I love a lot of music, my tastes are sort of all over. My fave band of all time is definitely the Doors. I love Cream, CCR, the Clash, Dead Kennedys, and the list goes on lol.

CrazyDiamond04

CrazyDiamond04

May 8, 2023
Everyone goes at their own pace-- I'm pretty sure I just fell into a gizzardhole and came out the other side 6 months later lol. I honestly wish I could see them live again but ya know. Aaahhh Weezer is great. I had tickets to see them (at Forest Hills lol) over the summer but I needed up selling them. Kind of wish I had gone but I don't think I would have enjoyed it much given the headspace I was in. Obvi smashing pumpkins I can see yeah, I like some of their songs (1979 & Today are a couple) but I haven't explored them much. Pink Floyd I really appreciate but I've had a hard time getting into them, still they are an incredible band. I'm not familiar with those other bands but now my interest is piqued, I'm going to have to check them out.
I love a lot of music, my tastes are sort of all over. My fave band of all time is definitely the Doors. I love Cream, CCR, the Clash, Dead Kennedys, and the list goes on lol.
Damn! Weezer had a show in a city near where I live but I had stuff I had to do and couldn't make it lol, I was so bummed. Smashing Pumpkins is great, I would totally recommend listening to the rest of Siamese Dream (you already heard Today, but the other songs are much better imo, especially Hummer). I would also recommend Rust In Peace by Megadeth; it's one of my favorite albums of all time, if not my favorite. It has some of the best guitar work I've ever heard in my life and it still blows my mind to this day. I've actually heard Willy and Poor Boys from CCR and London Calling from the Clash. I liked Willy and poor boys but could never get into London Calling lol. I'm curious what you think of CCR's stuff after Willy, iirc a lot of people hated their later stuff. As for Cream and the Dead Kennedys, I think I've heard one song from Cream and none from the Dead Kennedys though I know about both bands. I hear about Eric Clapton a lot on the internet haha.