Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
i've never really had too much interest in anime, but i saw Death Note and that shit was kinda dope ngl

anyone got some good stuff they'd recommend?

• Love
Reactions: FundamentalAspect, Circles, Mitsumi and 1 other person
E

eppell

Aug 30, 2021
What kind of genre are you looking for?
I really enjoyed Ranking of Kings but it's not like Death Note at all.

• Love
Reactions: ctvunny and Hardcore_Henry
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
What kind of genre are you looking for?
I really enjoyed Ranking of Kings but it's not like Death Note at all.
really open to most anything. i guess my only limit is something that ain't too long
i know One Piece has like... 1000 episodes lol

NaturalBornNEET

NaturalBornNEET

Feb 22, 2022
Monster

Reactions: Circles and Hardcore_Henry
Mitsumi

Mitsumi

Student
Dec 23, 2023
Monster, Steins Gate, Summertime Render, Spy x Family, Another

PaunPaun

PaunPaun

Social anxiety has ruined my life
Dec 31, 2023
Evangelion a classic

Reactions: Circles, tiger b, Mitsumi and 1 other person
ThymeToLeave

ThymeToLeave

Adventurer
Dec 12, 2023
If you like Death Note I would recommend Code Geass.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, tiger b and Hardcore_Henry
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Depends on what you're into.

Banana Fish has 24 episodes (2 seasons), Jormungand is about the same, at 12 episodes per season (2 seasons total). Black Lagoon is about the same, and the thing I like about these is they are a bit on the psychological/philosophical side and a bit realistic, meaning there are guns and car chases but no magical elements.

Ghost in the Shell is good, but since you aren't into multiple episodes it might not be your cup of tea.

PsychoPass has about 22 episodes, philosophical as well.

Overlord is long at 52 episodes, but i liked it because it was light and funny. Assassination Classroom has about 47 episodes. One Punch man has 24.

A couple of recently concluded ones are season 1 of MF Ghost, 12 episodes, and Overtake as well. Both are about car racing but one is more on Formula 4 and the other is road racing.

LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Your Name (Movie)
Sewayaki Kitsune No Senko-San (quite wholesome)
Black Lagoon (A very old anime, I remember watching it on VHS but there are 1080p releases as series)
The Garden of Words (Movie)
The Place you promised in our early day (Movie)
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (s) (the name without S is the season1 and the name with S with it is the season 2
Monster Girl Doctor
Blood Lad (A anime about Vampire weeb, quite funny in my opinion )
Platinum End (to not spoil everything, there's a student who is growing up with his aunt and uncle since his parents died but he had enough. He tries to commit suicide but gets saved by his guardian angel called Nasse and he seeks revenge or something like that. I quite didn't understand this anime since I torrented it from a private polish torrent tracker and I don't really speak polish so I'll rewatch it soon after I pirate the version with english dubs from that tracker which is like 14gb big and currently I have a bad internet connection :P )

Other recommendation would be Call of the night. I didn't watch it as anime since I'm also still downloading it but I read the manga version of it and I quite liked it.
Tbh. I'm quite a sucker for vampire themed anime XD

Reactions: Circles
C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
Evangelion, Code Geass, Made in Abyss, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Reactions: Circles and tiger b
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Erased

Man who has an ability to rewind time before a tragedy occurs, but it happens automatically before he knows what the tragedy is sometimes. Then one day he comes across someone he cares about dead and time rewinds back to when he was in elementary school. No clue who did it, has to find the culprit while trying to convince everyone he doesn't have the mind of a grown man.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, Mitsumi and Hardcore_Henry
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
Erased

Man who has an ability to rewind time before a tragedy occurs, but it happens automatically before he knows what the tragedy is sometimes. Then one day he comes across someone he cares about dead and time rewinds back to when he was in elementary school. No clue who did it, has to find the culprit while trying to convince everyone he doesn't have the mind of a grown man.
actually just saw Erased! made me cry lol

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Circles, Mitsumi and Abyssal
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
actually just saw Erased! made me cry lol
Very good, isn't it! Have you seen your lie in April? It's another sad one, albeit very different from erased.

Mirai Nikki is aged, but I'll be damned if I don't love a good death game anime. If you like mindfucks and can look past some bad writing, it's certainly interesting. Oh but sexual assault warning on episode 5 I believe.

Currently watching Bungo stray dogs, fell in love with one of the main characters whose personality is being suicidal..? I swear it's better than it sounds. Haven't gotten very far, maybe it falls off later, but it's an interesting somewhat run of the mill anime.

———

Shit how could I forget Frieren? Watch it. If you are to listen to any of my recommendations it's this one.

WATCH FRIEREN!!!

Reactions: Circles, Return2themoonlight and Hardcore_Henry
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I like popular donghua. It's a whole underrated genre. China has a lot of good shit

Reactions: Circles
ChiseHatori

ChiseHatori

Mar 2, 2023
I know I'm a little biased, but please watch The Ancient Magus' Bride! It's so beautiful.

PinkyStat

PinkyStat

It’s killing me
Jun 4, 2023
Erased, i cried
Re:zero, one of the first animes that i have watched, still find it pretty cool

Mitsumi

Mitsumi

Student
Dec 23, 2023
i haven't but ive heard good things. def gonna get to it at some point.

on the watchlist :sunglasses:
What are you favorite genres btw? some more anime I remebered: Noragami, Wotakoi, Sonny Boy

Reactions: Hardcore_Henry
Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
What are you favorite genres btw? some more anime I remebered: Noragami, Wotakoi, Sonny Boy
I like anything creepy or horror related, which is why I just started watching Parasyte. I like it so far :]

Reactions: tiger b
Mitsumi

Mitsumi

Student
Dec 23, 2023
I like anything creepy or horror related, which is why I just started watching Parasyte. I like it so far :]
Parasyte is one of may favs. For horror I love Another and Blood C

Return2themoonlight

Return2themoonlight

Sele'ne shall guide me to peace and tranquility
Dec 31, 2023
As a die hard one piece fan I can without a doubt say its is extremely long but thats only if you count it by episodes. Regardless its still worth the watch as it will have you going through every emotion you've ever experienced. No lie lol cant count how many times Ive cried, laughed, and got outright mad watching it.

Outside of One Piece(which I highly recommend) I would say watch Black Clover, Overlord, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Mashle, Undead Unluck, Demon Slayer, and last but not least Jujutsu Kaisen.

I can go on and on as I live and breath anime lol best thing to distract you from the world and its wickedness but those would be my top recommendations. If you or anybody want more Id be happy to share I watch all genres from the bloody gory animes to the romantic and outright wholesome animes.

OH YEAA A must watch for everyone is Kotaro Lives Alone. Straight brung me to tears😭🙏🏾

Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
As a die hard one piece fan I can without a doubt say its is extremely long but thats only if you count it by episodes. Regardless its still worth the watch as it will have you going through every emotion you've ever experienced. No lie lol cant count how many times Ive cried, laughed, and got outright mad watching it.

Outside of One Piece(which I highly recommend) I would say watch Black Clover, Overlord, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, Mashle, Undead Unluck, Demon Slayer, and last but not least Jujutsu Kaisen.

I can go on and on as I live and breath anime lol best thing to distract you from the world and its wickedness but those would be my top recommendations. If you or anybody want more Id be happy to share I watch all genres from the bloody gory animes to the romantic and outright wholesome animes.

OH YEAA A must watch for everyone is Kotaro Lives Alone. Straight brung me to tears😭🙏🏾
i did get to episode 5 of One Piece if that counts lol. not that i didnt like it, but there's SO MUCH! (aren't there like a bunch of movies and games too?)

ill give it another shot though, i know people who have watched ALL of it several times over, so its gotta be good.

Reactions: Return2themoonlight
Return2themoonlight

Return2themoonlight

Sele'ne shall guide me to peace and tranquility
Dec 31, 2023
i did get to episode 5 of One Piece if that counts lol. not that i didnt like it, but there's SO MUCH! (aren't there like a bunch of movies and games too?)

ill give it another shot though, i know people who have watched ALL of it several times over, so its gotta be good.
Lol If you started it it counts and will be well worth the journey. And that I can't deny, it took me well over 2 months of binge watching and that was before they got to ep 1000 but once you get to a certain point you won't be able to stop, especially when you choose yo fav characters. One thing I would say tho DON'T watch the eng dub It ruins it from the most touching moments to the most badass moments. The original VA are goated🙌🏾

As for the movies and games, don't play the games unless you don't mind spoilers and the movies coincide with the show so you'll know when to watch and which one to watch cause they always have like a lil arc that leads up to the movies. In the end 1000% worth it especially if you need something to distract yourself from life or the world 🙏🏾🙌🏾

Oh yea and anyone who watches all 1000+ over and over again are either telling a bold face lie or just went to their favorite arcs. No true One Piece fan that ik wants to go through that again, at least not until its over and we still got a good 5-7 years to go before Oda wraps it up.

C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Most of the anime I try to watch are ones about hardship most especially shounen.

My favorite is Inuyasha since that was my first.
Akame ga Kill!
Hunter x Hunter
Gurren Lagann
Attack on Titan
Hellsing
Neon Genesis Evangelion
My Hero Academia
Monster
Death Note
Vinland Saga
Erased
Parasyte: the Maxim
Cowboy Bebop
Tokyo Ghoul; First 2 seasons were great but the 3rd is not so.
Jujutsu Kaisen; it's would be one of my top favorites if only they went into more detail and depth with the characters.

Last edited:
F

FundamentalAspect

Apr 8, 2023
I'm in the last 1/3 or so of Parasyte right now! It's interesting and I enjoy it a lot, though it will never be one of my favourites.

Have you seen Tokyo Ghoul or Gantz? Gantz was okay, I understand the manga is better and I can totally see how that would be, but I enjoyed it enough to recommend. Tokyo Ghoul is very good, but I agree with Circles that series three isn't quite on par with the first two. I also recommend Paranoia Agent, it's psychological horror from Satoshi Kon, if that flips your kilt.

Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho are worth a look if you haven't already, even if they aren't horror. Outlaw Star is fun too.

Hardcore_Henry

Hardcore_Henry

Water Drinker
Dec 24, 2023
I'm in the last 1/3 or so of Parasyte right now! It's interesting and I enjoy it a lot, though it will never be one of my favourites.

Have you seen Tokyo Ghoul or Gantz? Gantz was okay, I understand the manga is better and I can totally see how that would be, but I enjoyed it enough to recommend. Tokyo Ghoul is very good, but I agree with Circles that series three isn't quite on par with the first two. I also recommend Paranoia Agent, it's psychological horror from Satoshi Kon, if that flips your kilt.

Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, Yu Yu Hakusho are worth a look if you haven't already, even if they aren't horror. Outlaw Star is fun too.
i haven't seen Tokyo Ghoul but its got ghouls in it (right?) and ghouls are creepy, so ima get to it for sure lol.

ive heard Cowboy Bebop is supposed to be one of the best, like people LOVE it. its got space stuff in it so im already interested :sunglasses:

Reactions: FundamentalAspect
F

FundamentalAspect

Apr 8, 2023
i haven't seen Tokyo Ghoul but its got ghouls in it (right?) and ghouls are creepy, so ima get to it for sure lol.

ive heard Cowboy Bebop is supposed to be one of the best, like people LOVE it. its got space stuff in it so im already interested :sunglasses:
Oh yes, there are ghouls, ghouls galore, ghouls and gore:ohhhh: Let us know what you think when you get into it.

I love Cowboy Bebop! The movie is just okay, but the series is awesome. Space bounty hunters. Killer soundtrack. Cute dog. There is a lot to like about Bebop, just promise that you'll avoid the shitty live-action abomination that Netflix gave us; don't give views to mediocre horseshit.

Outlaw Star is spacey, too, though not quite as grown-up as Bebop. Fun. Lots of fun.

EDIT:

Adding Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress to my suggestions since you like ghouls. It didn't quite do it for me, but it wasn't unwatchable, maybe you'll get more out of it.

Last edited:
Rapière

Rapière

On the brink
Jul 7, 2022
Mushi-shi. Especially if you're interested in traditional japanese culture.

I wouldn't bother with Monster (saw it being mentioned a couple times); it has like 12 decent episodes and then the antagonist - the only character that makes the show worth watching - dissapears conpletely for, like, I don't even know how long because I quit after 10 of these garbage filler-esque episodes that are apparently canonical (?). Huge waste of time.