Mar 7, 2020
I'm a fan, 7 words at a time, lol

• Love
Reactions: Pryras
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Big George Carlin fan yes. One of the first reassurances for me in my youth that it wasn't me who was insane but the world.
Carlin and Stanhope but Stanhope is too misanthropic dir my taste nowadays while Carlin clearly was a philanthropist deep down.

• Love
Reactions: Pryras
B

BFishy

Student
Dec 25, 2019
A classic, then again I still like the three stooges and WC Fields

waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
I completely agree with Carlin's bit about politicians and how it's not the politicians who suck but "the public sucks."

In fact we see a perfectly good example of that pearl of wisdom going on in the Democratic nomination race right now, the public is picking Joe Biden. Seriously guys, Joe Biden?

"Moderate" Democrats had an enormous list of candidates to choose from and they picked literally the worst candidate out of all of them.

The public say they want change yet they vote in the same establishment politicians into office over and over again who take money from big donors and then the public whines about how nothing changes. The voters are their own worst enemy.

Individual people can be smart, but groups of people are dumb as a rock.

Last edited:
Reactions: BFishy
J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Present. The man still is remarkably refreshing: his taking issue with social stupidity is rather hilarious.
Carlin and Stanhope but Stanhope is too misanthropic dir my taste nowadays while Carlin clearly was a philanthropist deep down.

My impression is the opposite: Stanhope seems like someone who has suffered a lot and is thus probably more susceptible to others' suffering while I don't get that vibe from Carlin. The way Carlin joked about suicide seems a tad cold-hearted to me. Stanhope's defense of (the right to commit) suicide struck me as rather caring.

Of course this is completely subjective. Both are/were great comedians and social critics.

Last edited:
Carina

Carina

Angelic
Dec 22, 2019
I loved him. There was just something about him.

Reactions: HadEnough1974
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yes, I do. Carlin makes many funny comedies and one of my favorite one is about religion as well as the one about prostitution. He really takes real world issues and find a way to make satire as well as bring some interesting perspectives (more so than most masses) on them. He will be greatly missed.

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Yes, I do. Carlin makes many funny comedies and one of my favorite one is about religion as well as the one about prostitution. He really takes real world issues and find a way to make satire as well as bring some interesting perspectives (more so than most masses) on them. He will be greatly missed.

Every time someone rings my doorbell with a bible or tries to talk to me about god, Jesus, the bible I go straight into Carlin's act.

I immediately ask them to list the 10 commandments. They can't!

I ask them to politely go back home, at least learn the 10 commandments and then talk to me about the bible and religion.

Oh, and the 11th commandment, keep thy religion to thyself!! Priceless!!

Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
He wat great!! I'm happy he didn't have to deal with current affairs.