AprilsBlessings

AprilsBlessings

Our tainted history is playing on repeat
Jul 26, 2020
I'm Arab, and in arabian countries suicide is completely forbidden because of islam, so..it's so rare to see a suicidal person here.

also, because of islam, no one is wondering about life, death and existence, because they're assuming that allah made everything and he gave them every answer, so there's no need for wondering, it's so annoying tbh and frustrating.

if you are an arab, where are you from "the country if it's ok"? and are you muslim / christian or atheist? AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, let's share our thoughts & philosophies about life, death and existence!

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
hey, hope your doing well and welcome to the site.

i'm arab as well and yeah its definitely something thats frowned upon. any sort of mental health issue is also significantly overlooked and not taken seriously unfortunately in such households.

religion itself isn't something that really stops me from doing anything. though i do understand why people may feel held back because of religion.

Reactions: AprilsBlessings
AprilsBlessings

AprilsBlessings

Jul 26, 2020
hey, hope your doing well and welcome to the site.

i'm arab as well and yeah its definitely something thats frowned upon. any sort of mental health issue is also significantly overlooked and not taken seriously unfortunately in such households.

religion itself isn't something that really stops me from doing anything. though i do understand why people may feel held back because of religion.

Yes unfortunately they usually never take mental issues seriously, sometimes they even would say that it's just like evil eye or you're possessed which gonna make it even worse.

Reactions: pole
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Yes unfortunately they usually never take mental issues seriously, sometimes they even would say that it's just like evil eye or you're possessed which gonna make it even worse.
most of the time it would be my mom blaming myself for feeling this type of way and saying its my own fault. alot of the times they blamed it for me not being religious enough and not preparing myself to be protected from this "evil". religion sometimes has played a role in invalidating what people go through.

many people just get to the point where they don't give a shit anymore about religion or anything anyone says to undervalue and invalidate what there going through.

Reactions: AprilsBlessings
AprilsBlessings

AprilsBlessings

Jul 26, 2020
most of the time it would be my mom blaming myself for feeling this type of way and saying its my own fault. alot of the times they blamed it for me not being religious enough and not preparing myself to be protected from this "evil". religion sometimes has played a role in invalidating what people go through.

many people just get to the point where they don't give a shit anymore about religion or anything anyone says to undervalue and invalidate what there going through.

I totally feel you! my mom does that too and it makes me feel so frustrated, actually psychologists told her that religion has nothing to do with mental health issues and that there are many religious people have mental health issues too but she would never convince, it's really sad.

but i think that the next generation of parents in arabian countries will be really aware about mental health, that makes me feel kinda relieved..at least for the next generation.

Last edited:
Reactions: pole