B

buoy

Kill off the old me before I decide to kill myself
Nov 8, 2023
I know a lot of people have their own comforts or ways to "bring home with them", and mine is a baby blanket. I've heard bunch of names for it like woobie or blankie, but now that I'm almost 30, it's just "MY blanket™" lol.

It's a little green fake silk pillow case that's no longer a 'pillow case' but more so just a sheet of soft fabric. It goes with me most places and I hide it pretty well from people whom I don't want to know. In the car it goes in my side door and I rub it between my index and fore fingers, at work I keep it on my desk behind the wall of my cubicle and fold/unfold it. When I'm home and I'm relaxing, I'll lay on my back, grab it by the far corner And slowly drip it onto my face until I have a loose pile of soft fabric covering my eyes. I like the smell of it, it's soft but musky like my body odor. It's a bit of a primal "safety" comfort thing I think. I like to have it cold and I used to put it in the fridge on the occasion. I still put it over the AC vents in my car to chill it while I'm driving on hot days.

I've gotten over the thought that I need to abandon this creature comfort. I like it. I choose to like it. It's natural for me to like it. It's kept me comfort in hard times and easy times. I can trust people more when they don't judge me about it. It's fucking great.

Tell me about what brings you comfort. Do you have a baby blanket? A cologne you spray on your pillows that remind you of someone? An action figure or doll that you just cannot or would not part with? Let's be vulnerable. IMG 3877

*if you include photos, please do not make it so people can figure out who you are (identifying environment in photo, location services not turned off while taking the photo from your phone, etc.)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: reiII, AInilam, YandereMikuMistress and 3 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
one of my relatives has my blanket or either its gone now

so one of the things that use to bring me comfort were my favourite plush rabbit
it was light/lavender purple I had it for many years and it was in good condition and then it was stolen from me by a relative and I never got it back or saw it again which was very traumatizing to me so I think in the future I will buy another one from eBay I am so glad that they never really stopped making them and I was shocked/surprised to find it there

so then I found comfort from my doll collection and various childhood toys I had but then once I was 16-18 I realized that I might be judged or that it might be weird to still keep and play with old childhood toys and dolls at my age and whatnot so I donated them all

I now regret it a bit but I still enjoy watching doll collection videos and doll history videos to keep in touch with my younger self that was very interested in various doll and figurine history

I think if things change for me in the future I will start a doll collection of my own along with some Calico Critters too

• Hugs
Reactions: buoy
B

buoy

Nov 8, 2023
one of my relatives has my blanket or either its gone now

so one of the things that use to bring me comfort were my favourite plush rabbit
it was light/lavender purple I had it for many years and it was in good condition and then it was stolen from me by a relative and I never got it back or saw it again which was very traumatizing to me so I think in the future I will buy another one from eBay I am so glad that they never really stopped making them and I was shocked/surprised to find it there

so then I found comfort from my doll collection and various childhood toys I had but then once I was 16-18 I realized that I might be judged or that it might be weird to still keep and play with old childhood toys and dolls at my age and whatnot so I donated them all

I now regret it a bit but I still enjoy watching doll collection videos and doll history videos to keep in touch with my younger self that was very interested in various doll and figurine history

I think if things change for me in the future I will start a doll collection of my own along with some Calico Critters too
I'm sorry to hear that you don't have a lot of the creature comforts that you were brought up with. If I can challenge you in a positive way, my thoughts are that it's never a bad time to make yourself comfortable unless comfort is getting in the way of your growth. That doesn't sound like your case though! What my father always used to say about his huge tool shed is that it started with a few small hand tools and eventually it grew into a whole shed. Maybe that little plush rabbit could be the wonderful start to your collection. And maybe that collection can grow into something meaningful to you.

Rooting for you ❤️

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress and psp3000
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
My mom has it still. If it happens to be cold when I visit home, she asks if I don't want it (I never remember of it myself, and I know she herself uses it sometimes too. It has become more of her thing now).

• Love
YandereMikuMistress

YandereMikuMistress

you say falling victim to myself is weak, so be it
Apr 26, 2023
Hey! Glad I'm not alone, heh, I still got my baby blanket but I call it my night night, always have, I completely get your comfort from it, mines the same, I've just had it through everthing and it's got a few holes in it but that doesn't stop me from using it still, it weirdly makes me feel less anxious especially if I've been out all day and I come back and wrap myself up in my night night while I lay infront of the heater, plus this might be stupid but my ma use to wrap me up in it and that makes me keep it, even tho that thought doesn't make me feel good, just bittersweet, I'd get into it a lil more but I've been trying to avoid putting my thoughts into letters and words, Oh but before I stop my night night is a small thin scratchy kinda fabric and it's got Dora and boots and swipper on it, my original night night that was made for me by my grandma was stolen when I was a baby while I was with my parents at there circus assembly, if your not familiar with that it just has to do with jehovah witness, or more simpler terms it has to do with religion and anyway, I got my Dora night night after that, I'd show a photo too but I'm in a shuttle bus right now, I gotta go but @buoy i wish you the best, Even if this is a bit of a late response to your post 📫,
so what!!
I still wish you the best.

• Hugs
Sad Panda

Sad Panda

Dec 2, 2018
I have mine in storage with my teddy bear. The blanket was hand embroidered by my grandmother for me so it's extra special.

• Hugs
B

buoy

Nov 8, 2023
So what indeed :) glad to hear from you again, friend. And glad that you got in this thread

reiII

reiII

maybe there's something more
Dec 5, 2023
IM SO GLAD IM NOT ALONE!!! especially with smelling the blanket. the smell is really comforting. it smells like my cats and my room. i also knead it with my fingers. i had to stop taking it everywhere though as it easily picked up the smell of other places and i didnt like it. i have found a lot of people with autism do this so it may be correlated to that. i also used it to self soothe when i was distressed or crying.
anyway, it's been at my side my whole life. so i think i will have it with me when i ctb as well.
edit: also the rubbing the fabric between index fingers is very specific and relatable. for me it's between my thumb and my pointer finger and sometimes i'd squeeze to hear the little fabric crunchy noises (mine is a fluffy wooly blanket)

• Hugs
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Im sleeping ontop of my thick fleece blanket ive had forever, being warm is such a pleasurable feeling.

I don't see it as childish, people would probably be a tad happier if they stopped killing their inner child. Enjoy it dudes :)

• Hugs
Reactions: reiII and buoy
idkrat

idkrat

Deluded rat
Dec 18, 2023
never had a blanket but a lot of stuffed animals!
When i got my first payment (as a teen) i would buy a lot of toys, plushies and nice stuff so i could bring my inner child happiness.
I used to age regress a lot too due to trauma.

• Hugs
Reactions: 0000000000000 and buoy