Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Absolutely shocking and they are satisfied with destroying life's and they are not researching or creating safer alternatives meds.

They don't give a shit about your LIFE, this article is 12 years old.

Cheers

Geo

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sarahlouise, Starzzy, IWTD and 13 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
can confirm it too, have been on one for a few months, messed me up and left me with persistent panic attacks, sleeping problems and irrational fears which i never had before.. i even haven't needed them in the first place but some psychiatrists throw them around like sugar pills.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: sarahlouise, Quarky00, Deleted member 17331 and 5 others
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
Not antipsychotics, but antidepressants ruined my life. I developed akathisia (and a few others), which is more commonly a side effect of antipsychotics, and still have it eight months later since I stopped. It is indescribable torture. These drugs are poison.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: jrums, Arvinneedstodie, Deleted member 17331 and 5 others
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
This goes to show you they don't give a shit about us and they preach all that shit preserving life and pro life this psychiatrist warned them over 12 years ago and they all ignored the advice and research.

Just think how many people who wouldn't have ctb if they listened, they know all there drugs have serious life changing side effects but the psychiatrists don't give a shit about you and even give them to children.

Cheers

Geo

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: mellow, Good4Nothing, Arvinneedstodie and 4 others
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
I had a serious crippling muscle movement side effect when I was on latuda for only 6 days in the psych ward last July. I couldn't walk for more than a few steps without tripping and falling and my arm was completely curled up to my chest. It went away because I had no insurance to continue the meds after that but it was terrifying.

October-January, I was on high doses of seroquel. Had terrible muscle pain and spasms and neuropathy, developed some serious visual issues and dry eye, uncontrollable tremors when lying still which made sleeping impossible. Since I was in a bad place mentally I thought I had somehow caused all of that by not eating enough and blamed myself so I kept taking it. It was my mom and brother who pointed out that the symptoms only started with the seroquel. Psychiatrist didn't believe me when I brought up but I finally switched in January. A lot of the symptoms went away immediately. But the hearing loss and vision issues stuck around. The seroquel did start helping my mood but the side effects were gnarly as fuck.

I tried Lamictal for a month. No side effects but by then couldn't cope with the hearing loss and still can't. I spiraled worse than I've ever been and now I'm here. I'm not 100% that the seroquel fucked up my hearing but it was perfect before then and no one in my family has hearing loss.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sarahlouise, Broken Chimera, Good4Nothing and 7 others
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I had a serious crippling muscle movement side effect when I was on latuda for only 6 days in the psych ward last July. I couldn't walk for more than a few steps without tripping and falling and my arm was completely curled up to my chest. It went away because I had no insurance to continue the meds after that but it was terrifying.

October-January, I was on high doses of seroquel. Had terrible muscle pain and spasms and neuropathy, developed some serious visual issues and dry eye, uncontrollable tremors when lying still which made sleeping impossible. Since I was in a bad place mentally I thought I had somehow caused all of that by not eating enough and blamed myself so I kept taking it. It was my mom and brother who pointed out that the symptoms only started with the seroquel. Psychiatrist didn't believe me when I brought up but I finally switched in January. A lot of the symptoms went away immediately. But the hearing loss and vision issues stuck around. The seroquel did start helping my mood but the side effects were gnarly as fuck.

I tried Lamictal for a month. No side effects but by then couldn't cope with the hearing loss and still can't. I spiraled worse than I've ever been and now I'm here. I'm not 100% that the seroquel fucked up my hearing but it was perfect before then and no one in my family has hearing loss.

Sorry to hear your pain lucky your insurance ran out, lol. I was on 2mg Risperidone for just over one year a very low dose according to the psychiatrists but I was not told of any side effects and it has ruined my life, I have brain damage I don't even want to wash anymore or have the energy to I really have to force myself I worked in the City showered, cleaned shaved every day in a shirt and tie, the only day I never shaved was on Saturday something in my brain has just switched off. He didn't want me to stop taking that shit I stopped myself I went down to 1mg for a month and stopped, I have ringing in my ears and I can't do anything.

I explained this to the psychiatrist I used to attend appointments in my suit he just said it's depression and do I want some antidepressants they are in denial, before any drug is released they have to do human studies I would love to see these results I know they know all these life changing side effects but ignore them as it makes them a lot of money and pay big bonuses.

Cheers

Geo

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: mellow, sarahlouise, Deleted member 17331 and 4 others
Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
I have anhedonia.

• Hugs
Reactions: the_final_countdown, tmcglone25, Jumper Geo and 2 others
A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Lovely, as if we didnt have enough problems to begin with.

• Hugs
Reactions: cyberlordsumit, Jumper Geo and _Minsk
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
I have anhedonia.

Must admit I experienced similar effects taking Risperidone still not 100% recovered after being of them for over one year but it has improved. People on antidepressants have similar side effects.

Cheers

Geo

Reactions: Deleted member 17331
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
They are horrible drugs, and I hate taking them. And there should be something better.

With that said, it's hard to deny their effectiveness for a lot of people. Without antipsychotics, I take Risperidone, I hear voices, have grandiose delusions, panic attacks, paranoia, and a wide array of other psychotic symptoms. With the antipsychotics, poof, it's all gone.

I've repeatedly come off my antipsychotics and my symptoms return, and as if by magic, upon going back on them, my symptoms are gone.

I've spent around two years in total in psychiatric care, and seen many people improve with regards to their symptoms and behaviour.

I resent having to take them, as I do not enjoy the way they make me feel, but whether it's a lack of innovation, investment, or simply the drive to discover something new, there really is nothing better.

In the beginning I felt sedated, mentally cloudy, and have even had other more serious side effects. Over time, and with medication reviews, I now have few side effects. I'm an unenthused dullard on the best of days, but without it, I would have been in twenty four hour care since age seventeen.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Quarky00, terry_a_davis, Bzrluvtriangle and 5 others
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Sorry to hear your symptoms and pain in your case I agree they have made you well enough to have a life, but they have had over 12 years to find a safer alternative, not everyone but there are people who have psychosis and after a few months will go and not return I came of them myself as they would have kept me on them for life and I am fine except for the damage they have done and it's 15 months later.

I was told nothing and had no warning of possible side effects and I just continued working and I said to them just let me get on with it without attending appointments as they could interfere with my job I had no idea the shit they gave me would effect me like that.

• Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk, Deleted member 17331 and WinterFaust
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

Jul 24, 2019
Like I mentioned, I'm not a fan of the drugs. I hate them, in fact, but there really is nothing better, and it's true that that's a tragedy, but maybe the year 2,500 will make 2020 look like the dark ages.

One thing to bear in mind, and a possible reason why there's nothing better, is numerous professionals have told me that nobody truly knows why the drugs they do have are somewhat effective. I have little hope of finding something better, anytime soon.

Reactions: Quarky00, Jumper Geo and WinterFaust
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
Sorry to hear your pain lucky your insurance ran out, lol. I was on 2mg Risperidone for just over one year a very low dose according to the psychiatrists but I was not told of any side effects and it has ruined my life, I have brain damage I don't even want to wash anymore or have the energy to I really have to force myself I worked in the City showered, cleaned shaved every day in a shirt and tie, the only day I never shaved was on Saturday something in my brain has just switched off. He didn't want me to stop taking that shit I stopped myself I went down to 1mg for a month and stopped, I have ringing in my ears and I can't do anything.

I explained this to the psychiatrist I used to attend appointments in my suit he just said it's depression and do I want some antidepressants they are in denial, before any drug is released they have to do human studies I would love to see these results I know they know all these life changing side effects but ignore them as it makes them a lot of money and pay big bonuses.

Cheers

Geo

I'm so sorry. Those side effects really are terrible... That's how my depression currently is without being treated and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'm completely nonfunctional and have been for about 6 months now. I'm glad to hear that your adhedonia has at least gone away. Antidepressants triggered mania in me last year which was really the catalyst of where I am now. That's a known side effect if your doctor is concerned about bipolar but we all thought it was MDD.

I can't cope with the hearing loss that likely came from the seroquel at all. But all that being said, my condition can't be managed without medication. I'm a complete fucking wreck right now. I feel subhuman. I can't leave the house. I can't take care of myself. I'm still not eating. I need them to function. So I have to try Lamictal again and hope it works. It's supposed to have no side effects. Mostly.
Like I mentioned, I'm not a fan of the drugs. I hate them, in fact, but there really is nothing better, and it's true that that's a tragedy, but maybe the year 2,500 will make 2020 look like the dark ages.

One thing to bear in mind, and a possible reason why there's nothing better, is numerous professionals have told me that nobody truly knows why the drugs they do have are somewhat effective. I have little hope of finding something better, anytime soon.

It is pretty fucked up. My psychiatrist didn't want me anywhere near risperidone but my dad has taken it for years and it's kept him high functioning with no issues. Everyone's body is so different. God. I'm hoping even in 2050 they figure something out.

Hopefully there will be a cure for hearing loss by then too

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Good4Nothing, BitterlyAlive and 2 others
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Ok that's fine there is nothing to substitute them with they had over 12 years plus to find a safer alternative and why do they deny these pills have dangerous life changing side effects if I was told about these side effects I could have discussed with them quite sensible about how long I should stay on them and discuss a cut off time say lets go for 3 months and then see if my symptoms return. I am saying psychiatrists but it's the care coordinators your lucky to see a psychiatrist in the UK.

I don't think humans will be around in the year 2,500, lol but if they are the pharmaceuticals will still be flogging Risperidone saying they haven't made enough money from it yet, I'm certainly glad I won't be around.

Cheers

Geo

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and WinterFaust
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

Jul 24, 2019
I liken it to the example of cancer treatment. I'm far more scared of chemotherapy than I am of cancer. Horrible treatments aren't just restricted to psychiatric problems.

It seems to be the case that if medical treatments were blocked because of side effects, we'd have far fewer treatment options for medical conditions.

I sit fine with Risperidone. I have zero side effects. The effects, on the other hand, such as no motivation, and poor cognitive functioning, are not to be admired.

I used to take Seroquel daily, but over time my body seemed to reject it, to the point where it felt horrible to even take it. Then the effectiveness for treating psychotic symptoms was outweighed by the seemingly malicious effects of the drug itself.

I am glad I was born into this era, as without neuroleptics, and community care, I would have been mooching about in an asylum, likely a demented being, too far gone for any sane person to look at with anything but fear.

• Love
Reactions: Quarky00, terry_a_davis, Walilamdzi and 1 other person
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020
I have anhedonia.

I have this too and it is awful. I don't even enjoy music anymore, and I was a serious music addict. A lot of music that I love I can't listen to anymore not just because of that, but also because it hurts too much. It causes painful nostalgia.. not the feel good kind. I enjoy nothing anymore. It is hell. I'm sorry you have this too. I hope yours gets better. It seems like mine never will.

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, eleka1801, Good4Nothing and 4 others
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
It's very true that all kinds of medicine can give you terrible side effects. Chemotherapy can also cause hearing loss too (sorry I'm really preoccupied by my hearing loss) but one woman said she'd much rather suffer those effects than have cancer so yeah it's truly about weighing the pros and cons. But you really can only weigh those if you're told about the side effects.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have stopped taking the Lamictal as it takes longer to kick in but I thought I'd be dead already and yet, here I am.
I do agree that I'm glad there are options. Seroquel was horrible, and I mean absolutely horrible for me but it has helped a lot of people.

@SpottedPanda I am glad that your meds are helping.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Jumper Geo and SpottedPanda
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Your lucky you had no life changing side effects from risperidone, that's the excuse the care coordinator said to me, some people have side effects and other don't but not to mention there is a possibility of getting side effects and certainly nothing about life changing side effects is incompetent, your lucky you have somewhere to live but what the marvelous Margaret Thacher done for the UK by closing down all the mental health hospitals and selling the land for the conservative coffers and never replaced them with new updated hospitals, her excuse was we will care for them in the community, read the article below yep that's the sad facts.

The UK thought so highly of our Prime Minister they created the funeral song, lol.

Cheers

Geo

• Love
Reactions: SNOB and Quarky00
ohhgeeitsme

ohhgeeitsme

Wizard
Feb 5, 2020

There is evidence that certain drugs can work better than the most commonly prescribed medications with far less side effects, especially long term, for some mental disorders. Of course, they are illegal, so also hard to come by. Things like Ibogaine, ketamine, psilocybin, etc. Obviously, these wouldn't be ideal for some. They usually only have to be used about once or twice a year to be effective too. I remember reading that a single dose of psilocybin can eliminate depression for months, even for treatment-resistant people. I really want to try some of these to see if they could help with my akathisia, and also anxiety and depression. I have no way of getting them though. Marijuana used to calm me down when I was feeling suicidal, totally took it away, but I just moved far from anyone I know and have no idea where to get it now (still illegal in my state). It's probably been two years or so since I last smoked it. It sometimes make me anxious, but it's still preferable to how I was feeling beforehand.

Reactions: Jumper Geo, Deleted member 1465 and SpottedPanda
P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
Absolutely shocking and they are satisfied with destroying life's and they are not researching or creating safer alternatives meds.

They don't give a shit about your LIFE, this article is 12 years old.

Cheers

Geo
THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was being medicated when i was in kindergarten !!!!
In my teens/20/30's the response to that question was always
blah blah respect the science blah blah.
I don't know and will never know where my problems seperate between illness and brain damage/re-wiring.
It's fucking maddening.

Reactions: Good4Nothing and Jumper Geo
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
They tried to get me on APs when I refused SSRIs. WTAF?
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...psycho-active-prescription-medications.40224/

Also, this is worth a read...

If only they would stop being so disingenuous and look at the facts rather than their own agenda.
Btw love the chocolate metaphor @Jumper Geo :smiling:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Brink, Quarky00, Deleted member 17331 and 1 other person
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
I spoke to my doc about prescribing me a short term dose of benzos for my panic attacks and she repeatedly refused despite my constant requests. Never had a problem with addiction or medication in the past and tried everything they suggested me first, and yet they still refuse and would rather put you on a long term treatment of antipsychotics/depressants.

I don't want to be drugged and rely on daily medication when I have other options. I tried 2 different antidepressants for less than a month and felt incredibly numb and void of emotion. I was not depressed before taking them but I feel the symptoms of depression as I'm on them.

• Love
Reactions: Quarky00, Outsider, Jumper Geo and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I spoke to my doc about prescribing me a short term dose of benzos for my panic attacks and she repeatedly refused despite my constant requests. Never had a problem with addiction or medication in the past and tried everything they suggested me first, and yet they still refuse and would rather put you on a long term treatment of antipsychotics/depressants.

I don't want to be drugged and rely on daily medication when I have other options. I tried 2 different antidepressants for less than a month and felt incredibly numb and void of emotion. I was not depressed before taking them but I feel the symptoms of depression as I'm on them.
Whenever I've been adamant I didn't want benzos, they've tried to bully me into them. But if you ask for them, they tend to refuse. Catch 22! I know it sounds mad, but maybe if you ask if there is anything they can prescribe short term, but you don't want benzos...maybe then they'll offer them! Nah that does sound mad, you can't make this up...

• Hugs
Reactions: Quarky00, Pryras and Jumper Geo
Deleted member 17331

Deleted member 17331

The swan sang with a broken neck
Apr 21, 2020
I think I will print this article and show it at my next appointment with the psychiatrist. This is disgusting, they don't want to listen, just prescribe medications.

I started taking the damn risperidone when I was just a kid, and I had a lot of memories affected, not to mention the little jokes I heard from other kids, "dead" was what they called me, I couldn't express myself and make friends. My learning was affected at school, and I failed grade because I couldn't concentrate and learn. It fucked up my life even more. And I was just a kid, and those bastards threw me as many medications as if it were candy.

Today I can't get a simple job, I can't go without medication for a long time without having psychotic crises and panic attacks, I no longer have a normal sleep. This is horrible. And even more horrible when I ask about the side effects of my medications to the psychiatrist and he lies to me! I'm tired, if he doesn't want to give me benzos I'm going to look at dw, fuck it.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Good4Nothing, WinterFaust and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Sorry to hear these stories before my psychosis I lived next door to a bloke we went out for a drink a few times and he told me he was on antidepressants after a breakdown and he said he has lost all desire for sex I said how long you been taking them, he said two years I told him to stop, he was terrified the doctors told him it would return if he stopped treatment, which is possible but surely it's better to try and see if you can live without drugs and not just leave people on them for life. I had a similar situation with my care coordinator for 3 months he kept saying we can try something else and nothing, I just decided to stop taking them thinking these are only temporary side effects and they are still with me over a year of being clean of any drugs, I haven't even taken an aspirin.

Cheers

Geo

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I liken it to the example of cancer treatment. I'm far more scared of chemotherapy than I am of cancer. Horrible treatments aren't just restricted to psychiatric problems.

It seems to be the case that if medical treatments were blocked because of side effects, we'd have far fewer treatment options for medical conditions.

I sit fine with Risperidone. I have zero side effects. The effects, on the other hand, such as no motivation, and poor cognitive functioning, are not to be admired.

I used to take Seroquel daily, but over time my body seemed to reject it, to the point where it felt horrible to even take it. Then the effectiveness for treating psychotic symptoms was outweighed by the seemingly malicious effects of the drug itself.

I am glad I was born into this era, as without neuroleptics, and community care, I would have been mooching about in an asylum, likely a demented being, too far gone for any sane person to look at with anything but fear.
What bad effects did you have from seroquel? I'm very tempted to just pretend I'm taking it. I've already halved the dose the psychiatrist wanted me to take.

C

Connor36082

Apr 18, 2019
I take quetiapine and recently they have been upping the dose each week. I believe that it causes more problems that it is supposed to help. Antipsychotics have to be the worst drugs you can put in your body. Dodgy heart, memory loss, constant exhaustion, oh yes Dr I would love my dose to be doubled!

• Hugs
Reactions: sarahlouise, IWTD, WinterFaust and 1 other person
jrums

jrums

Student
Apr 14, 2019
Yes psych drugs are why I'm here. Antidepressants and antipsychotics are shit. Just numbing agents with horrible side effects. Only benzos should be used. Maybe the old MAOIs in emergency situation since they have less side effects than newer ADs and are less likely to cause permanent damage. But psychiatry is really just med-pushing shit.

• Love
Reactions: pentobarbitaldreams and Jumper Geo
SuiSqueeze92

SuiSqueeze92

Self Saboteur
Jan 15, 2020
Benzos are just as bad. Just ask my memory :p they do cause a cognitive decline though and where I'm at, it seems to have made my mind forget how to cope with things.

• Love
Reactions: Jumper Geo
C

Connor36082

Apr 18, 2019
Some of the newer antidepressants and antipsychotics haven't been tested long term. WE ARE THE LAB RATS! We are in a live experiment. There is so much that Dr's don't know about these medications. It's worrying when you think about it.

Reactions: mellow, Good4Nothing and NoDream