H

hellohello123

Aug 7, 2023
Hello,
how many of you are ruined by antipsychotics? Ever since I got the antipsychotic injection, I haven't been able to feel pleasure, joy or any emotions. I also suffer from sexual dysfunction and insomnia. I never get tired, hungry or thirsty. This is pure hell. Before I got the injection, I was one of the happiest people on earth. Now, I receive comfort from thinking about suicide. Please help. Thanks.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Scattered-Soul, dreamingofrest, Forever Sleep and 4 others
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
Evil sons of bitches with their drugs concocted in the laboratories of Satan. God's medicine opiates and cannabis

Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, Readytogohome and hellohello123
IsThisEverything

IsThisEverything

Nov 1, 2023
How long ago did you have the injection? Did you have it once and have since come off it, or are you going to be on it long term?

Most people find that if they take antipsychotics and stop any side effects reverse. This has been my experience. It can take some time though, and more so with injections because they're slow release unlike tablets, so it will be in your system for longer.

If you don't mind me asking, what antipsychotic were you prescribed and for what reason?

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep
H

hellohello123

Aug 7, 2023
How long ago did you have the injection? Did you have it once and have since come off it, or are you going to be on it long term?

Most people find that if they take antipsychotics and stop any side effects reverse. This has been my experience. It can take some time though, and more so with injections because they're slow release unlike tablets, so it will be in your system for longer.

If you don't mind me asking, what antipsychotic were you prescribed and for what reason?
Hey thanks for the reply.
I was given the antipsychotic injection (Prolixin/Fluphenazine) in January of 2023 due to a psychotic episode. I had such an adverse reaction to the shot that my brain felt "fried" after the shot. I could feel it travel up my spine and hit my brain like a truck. Initially, I couldn't move or do anything because it was so painful. Fast forward to today, I still can't experience any emotions, I still can't sleep and I still have sexual dysfuntion. This has ruined my health on so many levels. My nervous system and spinal chord seem damaged. My body doesn't feel the same anymore.

So it's been almost a year since the injections. It sounds like you recovered from it but I doubt that you had a reaction similar to mine. I believe noone had a similar reaction to mine. It was truly a nightmare.

• Aww..
Reactions: Sandy9
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I'm sorry you have experienced this. The lack of consent, let alone informed consent, is staggering. If you are looking for similar experiences and information, there are many cases documented on https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much you can do about it other than wait and hope things improve over time. It seems we haven't progressed much since the days of lobotomies.

Reactions: GhostShell
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Me. Not injection just pills. Well, serves me right for being blind and trusting humans with my body. And listening to others in general who gave me the idea of seeking "help".

GhostShell

GhostShell

Dec 5, 2023

It took around 4 years for my sleep to get back to normal after stopping quetiapine.

dreamingofrest

dreamingofrest

so, so tired
Nov 7, 2023
Not antipsychotics, but I had a horrible reaction to SSRI's when I was on them. The symptoms got better after I got off them but it still changed my life for the worse going forwards.

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Same here... Adverse reaction to AP... My life got destroyed in one night and then... SaSu

IsThisEverything

IsThisEverything

Nov 1, 2023
It took around 4 years for my sleep to get back to normal after stopping quetiapine.
Yeah it's different for everyone and depends on the medication. I still get nausea and headaches that first came on when I stopped clozapine, and that was a year and a half ago. But the side effects of other meds I've been on like olanzapine subsided fairly quickly.

The problem with all psychotropic meds is that no one really understands how they work and why they affect people so differently. I have seen them help people, but they have not helped me. The issue is that they are overprescribed and forced on people without their consent, or people take them without knowing what they're getting into.