Koal

Koal

Student
Dec 16, 2018
I can't believe people actually make and sign petitions in order to keep euthanasia illegal and perpetuate the suffering of others. It makes me sick that some people are so determined to fight against what should be a basic human right and I honestly don't think many things are more evil. Dumbasses, you aren't doing any good by forcing people to shoot themselves or hang themselves or any other shitty method and spend their last moments alive in pain and anxiety.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dissappointed, Superdeterminist, hellispink and 31 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I agree with you. Suicide-prevention is shallow and meaningless. It's all about empty platitudes. I just recently talked about this subject with other people and I came to the conclusion that it's wasted tax money. Suicide-prevention doesn't solve problems which cause suicide because they would have to address serious societal issues like mental illness, the psychiatric system, poverty, isolation and bullying - these are though topics. And they can't just be solved in one day. They're not really about solving these problems that turn people suicidal in the first place because doing so would require a lot more effort than empty platitudes on suicide-prevention posters. They only fight the symptoms, that's all they care about. Their goal is preventing suicide at all costs and making the statistics look better, so they can boast about it. They simply don't have the resources to assist people. That's why they always mention the suicide-hotline whenever they spread awareness about suicide, because apparently, a little bit of talking will get rid of serious medical and mental conditions, poverty or lack of health care. I can't take them seriously anymore and whenever I walk past a suicide-prevention poster, I can't do anything but shake my head at their incompetence.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, apple2myeye!, Un- and 22 others
LogicalConclusion

LogicalConclusion

Experienced
Jun 2, 2019
I agree with you. Suicide-prevention is shallow and meaningless. It's all about empty platitudes. I just recently talked about this subject with other people and I came to the conclusion that it's wasted tax money. Suicide-prevention doesn't solve problems which cause suicide because they would have to address serious societal issues like mental illness, the psychiatric system, poverty, isolation and bullying - these are though topics. And they can't just be solved in one day. They're not really about solving these problems that turn people suicidal in the first place because doing so would require a lot more effort than empty platitudes on suicide-prevention posters. They only fight the symptoms, that's all they care about. Their goal is preventing suicide at all costs and making the statistics look better, so they can boast about it. They simply don't have the resources to assist people. That's why they always mention the suicide-hotline whenever they spread awareness about suicide, because apparently, a little bit of talking will get rid of serious medical and mental conditions, poverty or lack of health care. I can't take them seriously anymore and whenever I walk past a suicide-prevention poster, I can't do anything but shake my head at their incompetence.
THIS!!!

I have literally been suicidal and called the Suicide Hotline and they told me that I was calling the wrong number. These people are fucking idiots. Been thinking on it today, about how my "friends" - many of whom have experienced suicidal ideation or made attempts - use many of the same platitudes that this suicide prevention culture does. I feel like it's lying on everyone's part to make things less awkward/uncomfortable because when it really comes down to it, they don't want to do the "dirty work" of actually helping. It hurts them to be unable to help and I see that often making people angry, or they might just stop responding entirely. And in all of it, the doctors and the hospitals, the therapists and psychiatrists, all of it, nobody will listen to how you really feel because once suicide comes up it's "oH wE cAn'T hAvE tHaT!!"

• Love
Reactions: QuietLake, EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, Partial-Elf and 10 others
ExitTheDay

ExitTheDay

We fight to live or live to die
May 26, 2019
These petitions are a big threat to our free will of choice, to me it's all pseudo-morals of pathetically trying to keep others alive thinking they will be some sort of hero, but in reality they are just as much as a cause to our suffering than anything else

• Love
Reactions: appalachian moon, Circles, not_a_robot and 7 others
Chalken

Chalken

Decaying
Nov 20, 2018
Agreed. They ramble on about how life is a gift, how it is precious and you shouldn't throw it away. It must be one hell of a bad gift. They don't know how much one is suffering when you're on the verge of suicide. Government wants you alive just so you can be a wageslave and pay taxes.

I've seen this video by a very small YouTuber called "Eye Doubt It" who states that suicide prevention is pro-suffering. Check out his channel, he has some good content.

Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, Partial-Elf, appalachian moon and 7 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I've seen this video by a very small YouTuber called "Eye Doubt It" who states that suicide prevention is pro-suffering. Check out his channel, he has some good content.

I actually talked to them a while ago.

Reactions: Partial-Elf, Circles, Faraway1990 and 2 others
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
If only they knew how this felt, then maybe they would change their minds. My opinion is they do not allow it as they would lose a taxpayer, and why cure the problem when they can make thousands off you every month treating the condition. A terminal illness is defined as an illness that will result in death, so yes that can be mental disorders also. Depression leads to suicide period.

Suicide prevention is prosuffering.

Last edited:
Reactions: Partial-Elf, Circles, Temporarilyabsurd and 5 others
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
I agree, Koal. The value of life is debatable, but i think everyone can agree that suffering sucks.

There's a cult in Russia where "suicide is ok". Made me really curious.

Reactions: Partial-Elf, Circles and TAW122
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Reactions: Partial-Elf, Circles, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
There are suicidals that failed in an attempt and later found meaning in their life again. Suicide prevention tries to save this group among suicidals from doing a big mistake. Obviously there are other suicidals that are really suffering continuosly and where suicide will not be a "mistake" but a shortening of suffering. The problem is this: Suicide prevention is favouring the former group on cost of making it harder for the latter.

We need to demand a system in which both groups are helped. If we want suicide prevention to disappear, people will claim that we shift the unfairness towards vulnerable people that suicide on impulse. They will loose while we get our rights. There are ideas where both groups can be helped. But then, we have to accept that suicide prevention has its place, as does euthanasia.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow, Un-, Partial-Elf and 3 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Absolutely spot on. It's pretty much disgusting how, even almost halfway through 2019, suicide prevention is still being promoted and paraded around. Worse yet, these anti-choice, suicide-preventionists feel like they are doing a good thing by imposing their will (under no legal authority, except for LE, doctors, and other people in government) on those who don't wish to continue life.

Also, if there is a way to get in contact with "Eye Doubt It" without actually posting on YT comments where my post is public, I'd like to know. I don't see any contact information or a way to reach him on his channel. I really like to get in touch with him since I share most, if not all of the same views as he does.

I agree, Koal. The value of life is debatable, but i think everyone can agree that suffering sucks.

There's a cult in Russia where "suicide is ok". Made me really curious.

This is an interesting video. There is one thing I do agree with is that the 'cult' is ok with suicide. However, there are many things I don't agree with necessarily, no drugs (I don't do drugs but it seems to affect those that do), no swearing/cussing (I do have a foul mouth, haha), and pure veganism (I like to eat meat since it's tasty and going ALL vegan isn't fun. No offense to people who are vegan, but veganism just isn't for me.). It would be a tough choice to decide whether I want one very fundamental right at the cost of others (no swearing, no meat, no drugs, etc.)

Reactions: Ringo, Circles, throwaway_2620 and 2 others
been_there

been_there

Life cares only for itself.
Jun 5, 2019
Pro-life is just society pretending it's civilised. Much like democracy.

Reactions: Circles, not-2-b-the-answer, AtomicNewt and 1 other person
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
There can be religous reasons to be against suicide. In most religions you end up in worse place if you suicide so from that viewpoint suicide doesn't end suffering at all.

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Soul
N

NOT

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
Yes it does.
In fact, death is the only thing that can stop suffering for some people.
Many people have managed to end their lives, and are now in much better place.

Reactions: Circles and AtomicNewt
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I can't believe people actually make and sign petitions in order to keep euthanasia illegal and perpetuate the suffering of others. It makes me sick that some people are so determined to fight against what should be a basic human right and I honestly don't think many things are more evil. Dumbasses, you aren't doing any good by forcing people to shoot themselves or hang themselves or any other shitty method and spend their last moments alive in pain and anxiety.
Yeah from what I've learned it's best to not do anything than to do something you don't truly know it's effects.

Reactions: Circles and not-2-b-the-answer
WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing

Fragile...
May 27, 2019
Its 2019 and this suicide prevention services are terrible.
Like what they do with the money? And many non profits are also a joke...

Reactions: appalachian moon, Circles, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
S

Shamana

Warlock
May 31, 2019
Yes it does.
In fact, death is the only thing that can stop suffering for some people.
Many people have managed to end their lives, and are now in much better place.

You would have to have some pretty awesome clairvoyance to see what happens to a persons mindstream continueum after death.

N

NOT

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
You would have to be even more awesome to think without a brain or see without eyes.

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Its 2019 and this suicide prevention services are terrible.
Like what they do with the money? And many non profits are also a joke...
They take money that we dont have, sue us, or refuse to help us.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018

These people are pure evil. Fighting against suicide is no different than someone who is pro death, going around and killing people for their own good. Actually, fighting against suicide is even worse than that... It would be like Nazi SS guards trying to keep the Jews, gypsies and other "evil" people etc in the concentration camps during the Holocaust alive for as long as possible so they can inflict the maximum amount of pain and suffering on them. Like doing horrible shit to them on a daily basis and then when they are on the brink of death, saving their lives so they can repeat the process, over and over again. This world is fucking pure evil, today.... If I saw a guy with half his head missing, I'd put him out of his fucking misery ASAP unless of course, I hate him because he wronged me for no good reason. Pain and suffering < death. Sounds insane to you? Then explain to me, why this scene is in the movie Saving Private Ryan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles, not-2-b-the-answer, RainAndSadness and 1 other person
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
These petitions are a big threat to our free will of choice, to me it's all pseudo-morals of pathetically trying to keep others alive thinking they will be some sort of hero, but in reality they are just as much as a cause to our suffering than anything else
I've come across threads outside of this website where people brag about how they "saved so many lives" and "nothing will stop them from being a hero", "if so&so doesn't like that I called the cops on them and saved their life then so be it, nothing will stop me from doing the right thing"

Reading that ..my fists never felt more restless.
Some of these people get off on the power and control they can exert onto others.
Acting like it's their life's calling, like they are on a mission. They expect praise.
If they can't find any other meaning in their life besides trapping people in their suffering then I'd say they are down right psychopathic.

• Aww..
Reactions: Partial-Elf, appalachian moon, Circles and 3 others
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
I've come across threads outside of this website where people brag about how they "saved so many lives" and "nothing will stop them from being a hero", "if so&so doesn't like that I called the cops on them and saved their life then so be it, nothing will stop me from doing the right thing"

Reading that ..my fists never felt more restless.
Some of these people get off on the power and control they can exert onto others.
Acting like it's their life's calling, like they are on a mission. They expect praise.
If they can't find any other meaning in their life besides trapping people in their suffering then I'd say they are down right psychopathic.
I help people only if they ask for it though I will not push anything on anyone, and I can only add what I have learned in psychology, training, and treatment over the years and whatever they do with the information is up to them.

I do not think I will ever be able to get rid of this feeling though, I think once it's there it is there and it will never go away. Some days are better than others, and I have found out it really depends on how I feel when I wake up, and if I get coffee<I have no idea why other than I may be addicted to caffeine>. I am pretty low most of the time.

Reactions: appalachian moon, Circles and not-2-b-the-answer
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I help people only if they ask for it though I will not push anything on anyone, and I can only add what I have learned in psychology, training, and treatment over the years and whatever they do with the information is up to them.

I do not think I will ever be able to get rid of this feeling though, I think once it's there it is there and it will never go away. Some days are better than others, and I have found out it really depends on how I feel when I wake up, and if I get coffee<I have no idea why other than I may be addicted to caffeine>. I am pretty low most of the time.
Ofcourse if they ask for and want the kind of help you are willing to give, there is no problem with that.

Hmm, my days are all a nightmare. I would say there's just some days when I'm numb and others where I am in full breakdown mode. I always feel the same because my situation never changes.
I know what you mean about coffee though, I've been trying to stay away from caffeine but sometimes it is needed to be able to even function.
Coffee definitely affects your mood,
I believe there are studies about how it even decreases the risk of suicide in some people.

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
Ofcourse if they ask for and want the kind of help you are willing to give, there is no problem with that.

Hmm, my days are all a nightmare. I would say there's just some days when I'm numb and others where I am in full breakdown mode. I always feel the same because my situation never changes.
I know what you mean about coffee though, I've been trying to stay away from caffeine but sometimes it is needed to be able to even function.
Coffee definitely affects your mood,
I believe there are studies about how it even decreases the risk of suicide in some people.
Coffee actually helps with my anxiety also. Until I get that first cup of coffee I am more useless than I already am. I wish I could just have a coffee IV. Coffee with some CBD oil is perfect imo. Now I want more coffee. I like that when I go out which is rare the Starbucks Nitro Brew I think it is amazing. Except the price $6 for a Grande is a bit expensive when you have nothing.

Reactions: Circles
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Coffee actually helps with my anxiety also. Until I get that first cup of coffee I am more useless than I already am. I wish I could just have a coffee IV. Coffee with some CBD oil is perfect imo. Now I want more coffee. I like that when I go out which is rare the Starbucks Nitro Brew I think it is amazing. Except the price $6 for a Grande is a bit expensive when you have nothing.

I would love to know where you buy your Xanax coffee. :P

Reactions: Circles and PatKat
PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
I would love to know where you buy your Xanax coffee. :P
I stay away from benzo, but CBD oil is what I use to drop in the coffee. I am not allowed to have benzos anymore the doctor said no lol. Guess that's what happens when you take 116mg valium and hang yourself. Sometimes it's pretty nice to smoke low THC and high CBD strains while enjoying the first cup of coffee as long as those damn birds dont start chirping...

Reactions: Partial-Elf, Circles, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I stay away from benzo, but CBD oil is what I use to drop in the coffee. I am not allowed to have benzos anymore the doctor said no lol. Guess that's what happens when you take 116mg valium and hang yourself. Sometimes it's pretty nice to smoke low THC and high CBD strains while enjoying the first cup of coffee as long as those damn birds dont start chirping...

Yeah, a lot of people stay away from that stuff. It comes with a heavy price tag. I was just joking.

Reactions: Circles and PatKat
riverstyx

riverstyx

Experienced
May 31, 2019
It's just one of those strange norms society adheres to. People should have the right to die if they're competent and determined to make that decision.

I think the problem quite honestly is the nazis, eugenics, the mistakes of the past.

The medical field and assistance in dying has a bleak past and this issue has become radioactive. I don't know what the half life is but we're hopefully making baby steps towards a more rational view on this topic.

Keeping seriously ill and suffering people alive with expensive and quite often torturous treatment and keeping them from assistance in ending their lives peacefully seems anachronistic to me. A relic of our superstitious grandparents.

You could say that if I were someones pet afflicted with cancer a vet would put me down humanely. Because I'm a human being though there's no help to be had. Except the kind that prolongs the suffering and the inevitable.

It seems bizarre and maybe bizarre is too strong a word, because this is a complex issue, but it makes you think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Partial-Elf, appalachian moon and Circles