R

rustinpeacepolaris

Student
Apr 28, 2023
watching a true crime video and an old lady killed three family members with anti freeze. i do not care about the pain. how would i go about this?

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
How old was the video? Or, how old was the story that the video depicted? The powers that be have made the companies that make anti-freeze change the formulation in order to make it safer for people and animals. It probably won't kill you anymore, just make you sick, maybe cause non-lethal internal damage. The old lady probably used the anti-freeze of days-gone-by that was lethal to people.

• Informative
Reactions: silentcicada
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
watching a true crime video and an old lady killed three family members with anti freeze. i do not care about the pain. how would i go about this?
The dangers of antifreeze don't actually come from antifreeze, but how the body metabolizes it. Anywhere from around 30 minutes to hours after consumption (depending on your metabolism), it'll feel like you have severe food poisoning or something similar. You'll also feel really dizzy, even if laying down and you'll likely projectile vomit. You will also likely get a severe headache like someone beat your head with a hammer. You'll feel exhausted but won't be able to sleep due to constant nausea and vomiting. It could even be so bad that your esophagus could rupture, causing internal bleeding. As time goes on, pain will grow and convulsions will begin. It could take hours or even days to die, it'll depend on how long your organs take to fail.

This isn't to scare you or anything, but to show you the reality and gravity of taking something like antifreeze as a method, especially when other methods are more reliable and FAR quicker. As far as dosing, it would probably vary greatly depending on multiple factors, and i overall wouldn't advise it.

• Informative
Reactions: silentcicada, heavyeyes, LoiteringClouds and 1 other person
R

rustinpeacepolaris

Student
Apr 28, 2023
How old was the video? Or, how old was the story that the video depicted? The powers that be have made the companies that make anti-freeze change the formulation in order to make it safer for people and animals. It probably won't kill you anymore, just make you sick, maybe cause non-lethal internal damage. The old lady probably used the anti-freeze of days-gone-by that was lethal to people.
3 weeks, and no i think they know already

S

suicidaleeyore

Jun 30, 2023
Hmm I've taken antifreeze a few times in attempts to end my life. The first time I had little knowledge around it, drunk some and started throwing up so I went to the hospital thinking it wouldn't work anymore. they had to put a huge tube up my nose to drain some of it and put pure alcohol down the tube. It was horrible and I was insanely sick. Second time I took more, I was found and taken to hospital by police. That time was more scary, so much going on around me. I had to get multiple lines in my arms, one big one in my neck and I was taken to ICU. I was really sick and almost needed diyalisis. Antifreeze is not pretty, it can take 24+ hours to die however I'm actually thinking of trying again because unfortunately i can't think of many other ways. I am unstable to obtain SN as it's out of stock, I tried buying morphine to od on but got scammed. I personally would rather ingest something than do something physically brutal like hanging etc. but yeah antifreeze isn't a pretty way to go, it takes a lot of will power no matter how suicidal you are to not seek medical attention because you will be so ill. Also be aware in the older days antifreeze was sweet tastin which made it easy to poison people with it by adding it to food and drinks, most places now have a bitterant added to it to put people off. It's absolutely disgusting, beyond disgusting actually

• Hugs
Reactions: silentcicada
M

misthios2040

Smile now it’s almost over
Sep 20, 2023
The dangers of antifreeze don't actually come from antifreeze, but how the body metabolizes it. Anywhere from around 30 minutes to hours after consumption (depending on your metabolism), it'll feel like you have severe food poisoning or something similar. You'll also feel really dizzy, even if laying down and you'll likely projectile vomit. You will also likely get a severe headache like someone beat your head with a hammer. You'll feel exhausted but won't be able to sleep due to constant nausea and vomiting. It could even be so bad that your esophagus could rupture, causing internal bleeding. As time goes on, pain will grow and convulsions will begin. It could take hours or even days to die, it'll depend on how long your organs take to fail.

This isn't to scare you or anything, but to show you the reality and gravity of taking something like antifreeze as a method, especially when other methods are more reliable and FAR quicker. As far as dosing, it would probably vary greatly depending on multiple factors, and i overall wouldn't advise it.
What if i drink 50 fl oz of antifreeze and hang myself full suspension off a bridge.it seems like a good way to avoid the symptoms of antifreeze and it's a good backup just in case the hanging doesn't work.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
What if i drink 50 fl oz of antifreeze and hang myself full suspension off a bridge.it seems like a good way to avoid the symptoms of antifreeze and it's a good backup just in case the hanging doesn't work.
I'm not an expert so don't take my advice as complete fact as this is speculation.

You would have an extremely hard time drinking 50 oz as they have added bitterants. If you did consume that large of a quantity and kept it down, it still would take a while. Primarily because the main cause of death is organ failure and the organs are resilient.

I suppose if you tried full suspension off a bridge, it would likely be successful, the antifreeze definitely isn't the best backup method but if I had to guess, if you get saved from the bridge, antifreeze could cause serious organ damage, which may or may not lead to death.

M

misthios2040

Smile now it’s almost over
Sep 20, 2023
I'm not an expert so don't take my advice as complete fact as this is speculation.

You would have an extremely hard time drinking 50 oz as they have added bitterants. If you did consume that large of a quantity and kept it down, it still would take a while. Primarily because the main cause of death is organ failure and the organs are resilient.

I suppose if you tried full suspension off a bridge, it would likely be successful, the antifreeze definitely isn't the best backup method but if I had to guess, if you get saved from the bridge, antifreeze could cause serious organ damage, which may or may not lead to death.
It's either antifreeze or drinking a bottle of whiskey before I hang myself. My backup plan is to drink antifreeze in a camp spot a couple hours away from civilization. I'm leaning towards hanging myself. I already have the materials and if the antifreeze does anything to me at least it will make me drunk before I die.

Last edited:
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
It's either antifreeze or drinking a bottle of whiskey before I hang myself. My backup plan is to drink antifreeze in a camp spot a couple hours away from civilization. I'm leaning towards hanging myself. I already have the materials and if the antifreeze does anything to me at least it will make me drunk before I die.
I honestly think the bottle of whiskey would be preferable. I just don't see antifreeze doing you much good. Buuuut, it's your life and your call, and I don't wanna feel like I'm telling you what to do, so honestly dude, just follow what feels best for you. All we have in life is ourselves, and you know yourself and what you desire better than I do. :)

chuerdhmproton

chuerdhmproton

Mr. Water Pig
Sep 9, 2023
Hmm I've taken antifreeze a few times in attempts to end my life. The first time I had little knowledge around it, drunk some and started throwing up so I went to the hospital thinking it wouldn't work anymore. they had to put a huge tube up my nose to drain some of it and put pure alcohol down the tube. It was horrible and I was insanely sick. Second time I took more, I was found and taken to hospital by police. That time was more scary, so much going on around me. I had to get multiple lines in my arms, one big one in my neck and I was taken to ICU. I was really sick and almost needed diyalisis. Antifreeze is not pretty, it can take 24+ hours to die however I'm actually thinking of trying again because unfortunately i can't think of many other ways. I am unstable to obtain SN as it's out of stock, I tried buying morphine to od on but got scammed. I personally would rather ingest something than do something physically brutal like hanging etc. but yeah antifreeze isn't a pretty way to go, it takes a lot of will power no matter how suicidal you are to not seek medical attention because you will be so ill. Also be aware in the older days antifreeze was sweet tastin which made it easy to poison people with it by adding it to food and drinks, most places now have a bitterant added to it to put people off. It's absolutely disgusting, beyond disgusting actually
that sounds so painful, I feel really bad for you. I really wish you don't attempt again with such a painful method, you deserve to love yourself more to at least find a more peaceful method.