• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Here is another podcast from TRTNLE (The Right To No Longer Exist) and even though one of the co-founders is no longer around, it is still a great podcast nevertheless. Here it is. The guest for this podcast is Michael and he has generated great discussions about the right to die.

Basically, here is a quick summary of all the good points that he mentioned throughout the podcast. He brings up good points about how attempted CTB (especially failed ones that result in severe injuries and harm), really costs society and the medical system as a whole. I agree with him that if people actually had the ability the actually say goodbye (without the horrible repercussions of intervention, such as but not limited to being locked up, medicated against their will, outcasted and ostracized, and all other negative consequences for the attemptee). Additionally, they mentioned about how CTB itself is treated, instead of addressing the problem (especially in the mental health system), they automatically pounce onto the patient once they get a hint of CTB ideation, planning, and/or wanting to. Of course, each experience varies, but the general rule is true: If one says the wrong thing, bad things can happen, either more invasive prodding and questioning will result, or at worst, being (temporarily) locked up against their will.

I also understasnd that Ashlee mentioned that even mental health professionals (MHPs) are afraid of losing their license and/or other legal repercussions, and one simple solution would just be some legislation to specifically protect that from happening in tandem with destigmatizing actual honest conversations about death (not the cookie cutter, platitudes, and false confidentiality bullshit – where saying the wrong thing gets one either interrogated or even temporarily locked up/detained against one's will). Kevin also mentioned some good points that even if the right to die is actually legalized, yes, there will still be outliers and people who still do it (to prove a point, fulfill some agenda, or other personal reason, etc.), but at least it would greatly reduce the amount of impulsive CTBs, and perhaps even prolong some people's existence since they know they have a way out at any given time instead of being subjected to involuntary sentience until natural (and other) causes.

Anyways, there are more points that can be made, but I pretty much hit a lot of good points and feel free to watch/listen to the podcast.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Bumping this topic as it seems to have reached a narrow audience. Also, I agree with guest speaker in the podcast that "pro-lifer should have to experience suffering in order to understand what it is like to be suicidal as well as develop more empathy." I know that not everyone will agree to it, but to me it seems like that a lot of them lack understanding and if they lived just a day in the shoes of a suicidal person or people who want to escape suffering, perhaps it may sway them. This is similar to some of my previous threads talking about an social experiment that will get pro-lifers to better understand what suffering really is and maybe change their view on the topic.

Reactions: ThisUnrest