• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I had my third Spravato appointment today, and I took 56mg. Most people go to 84mg at their second appointment, so they probably see stronger effects than I do. My mood has already been noticeably affected though. I've had multiple people tell me I've seemed more upbeat this past week, and I do feel a bit lighter. There's like a physical sense of relief, like after you finish a task you had been stressing about. I'm not really happy, but even just this slight shift seems promising since peak effectiveness is around 4-6 weeks & it hasn't even been 2 for me yet. In terms of suicidal ideations, I don't feel the really intense despair of needing to ctb. I think I will still end up ctbing, but I'm not constantly thinking about it like I was even a week ago. I also don't really want to recover so the more rational aspects of why I want to ctb will always stay, but the emotional aspects are lessening. From how I'm reacting to Spravato in such a short time, I think it's probably a really good option for people that want to recover & whose main barrier is depression

• Informative
Reactions: Ember, LittleJem, Placo and 1 other person
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
Do you have to stop taking antidepressants to take it?

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Life is definitely not a song...
Mar 14, 2024
It typically is used to augment your antidepressants. So going off of what you're taking is hard to say what to do. They typically want you taking one antidepressant to even be on it. Haven't heard of someone not being required to at least take one antidepressant. It isnt said to be used alone, more of in conjunction. But I switched up my antidepressants while on it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Placo and ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
You're actually required to be on an oral antidepressant while attending Spravato, at least at my clinic. I'm on Pristiq, Remeron, Prazosin, Seroquel, and lithium on top of my Spravato. Some clinics make you stop meds like Auvelity, but that's really dependent on the brand reps in your area

• Informative
Reactions: Placo
Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

I want out
Jul 12, 2024
Spravato worked wonders for my depression tbh but it unlocked some sort of door in my brain and made me hallucinate temporarily (about four months of auditory hallucinations) so they took me off of it. It's the only thing that ever made a dent in my depression. I'd put up with the voices all over again if they would put me back on it.

Reactions: ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Spravato worked wonders for my depression tbh but it unlocked some sort of door in my brain and made me hallucinate temporarily (about four months of auditory hallucinations) so they took me off of it. It's the only thing that ever made a dent in my depression. I'd put up with the voices all over again if they would put me back on it.
It's honestly working really well for me too. I just did my sixth treatment today, and I really feel like a different person than when I started. I hope you get the chance to go back on it. Were you doing the full 84mg kit? They probably tried it before they took you off of it, but I wonder if staying at 56mg or even 28mg would lessen the hallucinations but still give you some of the benefit