TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Christmas used to be the happiest most exciting and magical time a year and now it means nothing there are no Christmas spirit I lost that last spark 8 years ago when I was 17

I remember every single day of December used to be filled with excitement over it being one day closer to Christmas Eve plus how magical it all was and I can´t stress that word enough 'magical' because it was like December had some Christmas magic sprinkled over it that made it so much more exciting the belief in Santa Claus all the stories about him and his little helpers and in Scandinavia called Nisse I remember being told stories about 'nisser' in the woods by our teacher when we went with the school to a big forest to get a Christmas three for the school yard and our naivé imaginary happy child minds would actually think we saw a glimpse of one.

Also remember the feeling as a kid waking up to see the first snow had fallen, the feeling of sheer excitement and joy that feeling was amazing to see that snow covered landscape was instant happiness.

Now Christmas means nothing I actually rather skip it since it feels like such a forced charade of what once was, the food is good but besides that I feel like Christmas now is just an insult to how happy, exciting and magical it used to be as a child, I remember how exciting and long Christmas day felt like how we would eagerly wait for the guests to arrive so the night could start, how we would eat delicious food and then have to wait a couple hours for desert would would be Risalamande where they would be a few whole almonds hitting in and if you got one whole one you would get an almonds present and after we had been done with this we would wait a little while and dance around the Christmas three and the kids (me and my 2 brothers) would take a present one at a time and give it to the person who it was assigned to and we would first open them when all of them had been handed out.

Also not to sound ungrateful but presents back when I was younger was SO MUCH BETTER like as a child it would be cool toys I have written on my Christmas list, games or en my pre-teen years an airsoft gun or a new phone but the best of all presents I ever got was a Gameboy Color with Pokemon Silver which is also my favorite video game of all time.
Again not to sound ungrateful or like a spoiled brat but adult presents suck it´s all about practical stuff e.g clothes, socks, salt shakers, things for the kitchen etc. there is not one shed of excitement when opening a present because it´s just going to be some boring adult stuff that granted I would actually need but it´s just essential things I mean who the hell gets excited when opening a present to see pots and pans compared to a toy or video game as a child? I even remember as a child how boring all the adults presents were yet they seemed happy to get them.

And even the climate has changed, when I was a child there used to be so much snow that even starting to fall in November now it´s the 20th December and I haven´t seen as much as a snowflake Christmas is dead and I hope I will be soon I used to love life so much, have friends passions and all the little joys that seemed to big as a child like I just mentioned seeing the first snow fall I can´t even describe the feeling of happiness I seriously just want my life existence to end because I don´t live anymore and haven´t for almost a decade I used to like the idea of none existence but I just know how wonderful and fun life can be so I would hope that when I die I will wake up as a child again relieving my childhood exactly as it was in a never ending loop that would reset when I hit puberty that is my definition of paradise but unfortunately I most likely will just seize to exist but that is still better than what is now.

Reactions: marcusuk63, TheDevilsAngel and Azzy69
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
Interesting OP. I am sure a lot of people can agree on many of your points.
Nothing IS, or NEVER will be the same at christmas time as it once was.
It is disappointing that in our case time changes everything - negatively. It fucking hurts to see children today full of joy at christmas time. How I wish we could go back.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Interesting OP. I am sure a lot of people can agree on many of your points.
Nothing IS, or NEVER will be the same at christmas time as it once was.
It is disappointing that in our case time changes everything - negatively. It fucking hurts to see children today full of joy at christmas time. How I wish we could go back.
No it will never be the same again and I will never get to experience anything even slightly similar it hurts so much to know all the feelings I felt as a child I will never experience again.

We recently held a pre Christmas eve for my niece (for reasons not important) but I just couldn´t stop smiling all night when I saw her love her new toys she is almost 5 years old so hearing her adorable child laugh and seeing how happy she was to play with her new toys was so heart warming but also hurts to know that I will never feel so happy again.

• Love
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and Azzy69
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
No it will never be the same again and I will never get to experience anything even slightly similar it hurts so much to know all the feelings I felt as a child I will never experience again.

We recently held a pre Christmas eve for my niece (for reasons not important) but I just couldn´t stop smiling all night when I saw her love her new toys she is almost 5 years old so hearing her adorable child laugh and seeing how happy she was to play with her new toys was so heart warming but also hurts to know that I will never feel so happy again.
so pure and sweet :heart:
I remember my little cousins doing the same thing.
I don't know about you, but soon I'll be the relative who committed suicide that nobody mentions.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and TheGoodGuy
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
so pure and sweet :heart:
I remember my little cousins doing the same thing.
I don't know about you, but soon I'll be the relative who committed suicide that nobody mentions.
No my parents lives will be completely destroyed and my brothers will probably have it pretty hard too but for old friends and aquintances they will forget me in no time I have no friends anymore and one thing that is very true the older we get the faster time speed up so time flies by in a second so after maybe a year or less people will have forgot all about me.

I really hate how much time speed up the older we get, as a teenager I felt like if I killed myself people would miss me for an eternity but that was also because time felt slower back then, don´t get me wrong even at 16 years old I knew time had speed up a lot since my childhood but still as a child and teenager you have never been an adult so adulthood seems like something you will never reach and feels like a whole other world that is unimaginable.

Anyways my point is just as a teenager time just felt different like I would be missed and mourned forever by family and also friends and I still had my teenage hormones racing through my body and depression so I truly FELY my emotions of sadness and it almost felt good but now I of course am more knowledgeable and there are no teenage hormones or depression to make me feel as I once did and in short people who aren´t my close family will have forgotten all about me in a blink of an eye.

• Love
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel and Azzy69