Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
has anyone had to go to a normal hospital for anorexia? what was it like?
i was sick yesterday and feeling down again today...im worried about the procedure as i have a phobia of needles and whatnot

• Hugs
Reactions: leeloosnow
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
not inpatient and it was a LONG time ago. last time i was locked up for a ctb attempt for ~10 days maybe i was kinda borderline there they gave me good veggieburgers and ensure which i traded for extra socks.

hope you're feeling better, big hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
not inpatient and it was a LONG time ago. last time i was locked up for a ctb attempt for ~10 days maybe i was kinda borderline there they gave me good veggieburgers and ensure which i traded for extra socks.

not a ctb attempt and not inpatient

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020

feeling a little bit better. my husband is on his way back with an ensure equivalent.

ive been struggling with food my entire life. my mother didnt feed me as a child, left me with random people and the government was going to take me because of that but my mother fucked off and the eating problems only continued because my body became use to not eating (google: stomach shrinking. your stomach doesnt actually shrink but it does take less to make you feel full.) plus with your general "i hate my stomach" reasons. my eating is totally fucked up. its atypical anorexia so my weight isnt horrible although i am right on the line of underweight. (5ft4 110lb) i use to be 110 back when i was 14-15 but gained weight and have been around 115-125 since then (23 now).
as an anorexic i have succeeded, my belly is flat, but this malnutrition is kicking the shit out me. i seem to have developed blood sugar problems too.

im concerned about the IV drip, getting my stomach pumped and other things they might do to bring my nutrition back up. if i go it will be self admitted, or the equivalent because i passed out.

@leeloosnow im sorry i didnt give a very good response earlier (or that i didnt read yours very good) but im sick so im sure you understand the UUUUUUUUGH feeling :hug: :heart:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: leeloosnow
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
feeling a little bit better. my husband is on his way back with an ensure equivalent.

ive been struggling with food my entire life. my mother didnt feed me as a child, left me with random people and the government was going to take me because of that but my mother fucked off and the eating problems only continued because my body became use to not eating (google: stomach shrinking. your stomach doesnt actually shrink but it does take less to make you feel full.) plus with your general "i hate my stomach" reasons. my eating is totally fucked up. its atypical anorexia so my weight isnt horrible although i am right on the line of underweight. (5ft4 110lb) i use to be 110 back when i was 14-15 but gained weight and have been around 115-125 since then (23 now).
as an anorexic i have succeeded, my belly is flat, but this malnutrition is kicking the shit out me. i seem to have developed blood sugar problems too.

im concerned about the IV drip, getting my stomach pumped and other things they might do to bring my nutrition back up. if i go it will be self admitted, or the equivalent because i passed out.

@leeloosnow im sorry i didnt give a very good response earlier (or that i didnt read yours very good) but im sick so im sure you understand the UUUUUUUUGH feeling :hug: :heart:
good! i'm glad you have someone there helping ya that's huge, and that you're feelin better :D
i can def relate to where you're at. at that bmi i didn't end up with anything more invasive than ensure, but we've all got our unique health complications. i'm a little older than you and have went kinda up and down the roller coaster with body image, weight, mental health probs. it kinda boiled down to... the older i got the less i cared about how i looked. kinda a double edged sword, but 'm at a place where the perspective is kinda shifted. i couldn't see myself for who or what i was, i still can't but it's better than it was- again, not entirely good. i view the world with less hope and i think it's often unkind and unfair, not every time, but. i have some hard wired behaviors that took a long time to even notice, and so things changed a little. happy to talk about my experience and hear yours more in dms just to stop myself from over-sharing >.<
thank you for your time and thought out replies :) you're a kind person.
hope you have a fantastic day and take care of yourself as you feel is best
hugz!

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
at that bmi i didn't end up with anything more invasive than ensure,
thats why i mentioned it being atypical. its the same just without losing as much weight. so i think id still have everything else the same as a normal anorexic? i tried googling why theres that difference but couldnt really get an answer. my best guess is since its been my whole life my body just got use to taking what it can 🤷‍♀️