venua

venua

ven *
Jul 1, 2023
Hello. For quite a few years now ive struggled with anorexia.. I've attempted recovery a few times, some successful, others not. Right now I'm in recovery somewhat.. I'm posting here to ask for some recovery tips, if anyone here has any.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hero Remeer, soledad.virgen, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
ayla

ayla

♡ · 18
Jun 30, 2024
hii ive been in both forced & self recovery & first i want to say congrats! it takes a lot to even get in a recovery mindset :) everything and anything is literally an achievement / milestone when it comes to recovering from ana. if you havent already, tell someone you trust about your ed / open up about wanting to recover that way you dont feel so alone in this journey. start off small, see what youre comfy with so you dont overwhelm yourself. something that really helped me was having someone cover cals but only at the start because it can lead to other toxic habits! eating your fear foods with people you trust definitely helps soo much more than you would think. cooking / baking helped because of how enjoyable it is, great distraction, and when im having rough days it helps to make some yummy things for people i love. celebrate even small successes it really does make a difference with how you treat your relationship with food

i recommended setting boundaries within yourself + letting people know your triggers. during the first months of recovery you will be more prone to being triggered over certain things. something to remember is that there will be people who do not respect these boundaries and you will hear triggering things, which is inevitable, but a part of recovery is learning how to cope with these things. its okay if you "fail" attempts at recovery, it's important to be kind to yourself during setbacks. theres an app called "pomellow" specifically made for ED recovery if you want to check it out :) dms open always <3

Reactions: soledad.virgen
soledad.virgen

soledad.virgen

call me sol
Dec 1, 2020
hii ive been in both forced & self recovery & first i want to say congrats! it takes a lot to even get in a recovery mindset :) everything and anything is literally an achievement / milestone when it comes to recovering from ana. if you havent already, tell someone you trust about your ed / open up about wanting to recover that way you dont feel so alone in this journey. start off small, see what youre comfy with so you dont overwhelm yourself. something that really helped me was having someone cover cals but only at the start because it can lead to other toxic habits! eating your fear foods with people you trust definitely helps soo much more than you would think. cooking / baking helped because of how enjoyable it is, great distraction, and when im having rough days it helps to make some yummy things for people i love. celebrate even small successes it really does make a difference with how you treat your relationship with food

i recommended setting boundaries within yourself + letting people know your triggers. during the first months of recovery you will be more prone to being triggered over certain things. something to remember is that there will be people who do not respect these boundaries and you will hear triggering things, which is inevitable, but a part of recovery is learning how to cope with these things. its okay if you "fail" attempts at recovery, it's important to be kind to yourself during setbacks. theres an app called "pomellow" specifically made for ED recovery if you want to check it out :) dms open always <3
this is such a sweet and helpful post i just wanted to second this. please take support from your loved ones that you can be open with and take it slow.