Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
I have watched many videos about the after-math of suicide and the people who survive the person who ctb'd.
It's safe to say that even after reading their suicide notes, learning about their struggles, and realizing in retrospect all the signs...
these people still don't fucking get it. They're STILL in such denial about it. They can't come to terms with the idea so they try to make it about them and their prospective. Some times the people who "blame themselves" have a reason to but a majority of the time they're not at fault at all but internalize the guilt and say annoyin cliche shit like "if i had known I could have helped them. I could have kept this from happening." It's really infuriating to me. Maybe i'm alone in my thinking idk.

These people then go on to create foundations and become speakers telling their stories to anyone that will listen.
In truth, those things only help people who feel suicidal because they have no path in life. Sometimes a person just
needs some guidance and direction. They need to be re-focused and educated. That's all well and good.

BUT... then there are people who understand the objective truth of reality and no amount of talking, or drugs, or distractions
will ever be able to help them erase the urge to die. We see the meaningless struggle of existence and know that the only
real answer is death. We have heard all the stories, heard all the advice, taken all the prescriptions, talked to all the "proffesionals"
and it's all a pointless attempt to save someone who doesn't want to be saved by being guilted/forced/coerced into continuing
to suffer by living.

If anyone in my life killed themselves I would be so sad and feel validated in my own beliefs but at the same time
be relieved that they're finally at peace. All the noise is gone. All the pressure is off. The end has been reached.
Something new or nothing at all. It's all good now.

FY9chKp6rulXy

• Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep, rozeske, Lost in a Dream and 2 others
W

WordsAreHard

Dec 25, 2023
I lost my 17 year old son. It is exactly 2 months today. It strange how my whole perspective on suicide has changed. I have many people who have had someone they loved ctb reaching out to me. I can't relate to what they tell me. I understand that they are trying to help others not go through the same thing but most people wont seek help for fear of losing any options that they have or really dont need the kind of help they are offering. I think suicide can be a 100% rational decision. Not everyone who wants to die needs to be "fixed" and some who do cant be anyway. If someone is truly suffering, people should try to help end that pain not prolong it.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Tears in Rain, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I feel for them. I understand how many of are upset but I can't bring myself to. Makes me feel guilty actually.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Dliena and Sleeper System
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
I lost my 17 year old son. It is exactly 2 months today. It strange how my whole perspective on suicide has changed. I have many people who have had someone they loved ctb reaching out to me. I can't relate to what they tell me. I understand that they are trying to help others not go through the same thing but most people wont seek help for fear of losing any options that they have or really dont need the kind of help they are offering. I think suicide can be a 100% rational decision. Not everyone who wants to die needs to be "fixed" and some who do cant be anyway. If someone is truly suffering, people should try to help end that pain not prolong it.
I'm sorry about your son. That's not something anyone can fix either.
I agree with you that suicide can be rational.
I guess it's the connect that people have to one another that they want to preserve. But that should never be at the expense of the person who is suffering. I hope one day suicide and assisted suicide can be made legal and available to anyone who needs it.
I feel for them. I understand how many of are upset but I can't bring myself to. Makes me feel guilty actually.
Suicide is a tragedy to anyone who doesn't understand depression.
It's absolutely nessessary to grieve them but at some point you have
to realize that they were not happy here and they chose to go.
Respect their decision.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream and WordsAreHard
C

CRT Seal TV

Oct 5, 2023
I have a friend who told me that he blames himself for the suicide of a girl he barely knew. She lived in his building and they would exchange words when passing in the corridor. That was the extent of their relationship. The day of her suicide he chatted a bit with her and then he went to his room. He thought at the time that she was saying some concerning things and he needed to recommend that she go to therapy. I honestly was baffled why he blamed himself, as if this girl hadn't already considered therapy. He definitely wasn't the reason for it either, they barely knew each other and this guy is an absolute gem to be around. It was a weird situation for sure. I feel bad for him, but I also feel like he had no reason to blame himself, but I've also not been in that situation myself.

My opinion is that he was always going to blame himself for her suicide. I think he can't understand why someone would kill themselves. So he assumes that he could've stopped her if only he'd said the right combination of words. It's just his brain not being able to cope with the idea that she just killed herself, so he has to find a way he could've saved her.

Reactions: jatty, viljalauss and Sleeper System
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I personally really envy those who have managed to ctb and see it as always better to not exist which is why I cannot stand those pro-life people. Not everyone wants to decay and deteriorate from age in this existence they never even consented to being in, in my case I see suicide as very rational to escape from the cruelty and futility of existence.

Reactions: myusername890
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Some time back when life was bearable even before I became suicidal, when ever I hear about peoples failed attempts from "silly" methods, my first thought was how they didn't think it through to make it successful. Even with the ones that succeeded, sure I would empathize that life lead them to that point but I never really saw it as this huge selfish evil thing.

Reactions: Sleeper System