• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
I would like that in this thread we share tastes and opinions about different animes.

I start, I love Serial Experiments Lain, it is a very psychological anime uses the concept of "internet" to talk about some philosophical issues such as existentialism.

857a0032-9e6f-4a26-be16-6e8068c30b1d.jpg

Reactions: memataporfavor, esclava, wannabesetfree and 10 others
Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
Nothing beats Death Note! and yes I cheered for Light Yagami :)

Reactions: ninaevol, wannabesetfree, Deafsn0w and 5 others
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, BeHope and 1 other person
Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
Yagami was a hero.
He was the god of the new world! I bought the Death note manga box set and to this date, I refuse to read the 12 volume.

Btw thanks for your anime recommendation, I will give it a try :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 15dec, Deafsn0w, Memento Mori and 2 others
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
He was the god of the new world! I bought the 12 volume manga box set of Death note and to this date, I refuse to read the 12 volume.

Btw thanks for your anime recommendation, I will give it a try :)

Lain is difficult to see, they are only 13 chapters but very dense, but if you like the philosophical anime you will love it.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Sinbad
Nanami

Nanami

Global Mod
Nov 20, 2018
I love psychological anime.
Things like Serial Experiment Lain and Psycho Pass were some of my favorites, although personally Shinsekai Yori (From the new world) sits at the top for me.
Though it did cause serious existential dread for several months for me.

• Yay!
Reactions: Alayna, wannabesetfree, justabouttobedone and 6 others
To match the colors

To match the colors

To have control is to be free.
Sep 19, 2018
i need to finish Lain at some point. Psycho -pass was pretty good .

Reactions: justabouttobedone, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
BeHope

BeHope

Oct 31, 2018
My favourites and what I recommend are:
  • Owari no Seraph/Seraph of the End (I love this one!)
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica (The first anime I ever watched: it holds a special place in my heart <3)
  • Another (creepy and really interesting)
  • Attack on Titan (really good)
  • Mirai Nikki/Future Diary (great story, also very gory)
  • Monster (great psychological thriller)
  • Gakkou Gurashi!/School-Live! (zombies!)

Reactions: wannabesetfree, justabouttobedone, Sinbad and 6 others
Nanami

Nanami

Global Mod
Nov 20, 2018
Madoka was great, a very deep rabbit hole though. Took me a while to find my way back out.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Eren and 2 others
Sotipoola

Sotipoola

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・''・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
Dec 26, 2018
Always been in action/fantasy anime like Naruto & inazuma eleven.

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Alastor, Sinbad and 3 others
Glim

Glim

Student
Jan 28, 2019
Watch Texhnolyze (set in a sci-fi dystopia in the waning days of humanity) if you're in a bleak, pessimistic mood. Though from a certain point of view the ending could be interpreted as being good

Last edited:
Reactions: Deafsn0w, Eren, Sotipoola and 1 other person
Glim

Glim

Student
Jan 28, 2019
What's that one series you're postponing your ctb for?

Eren

Last edited:
Reactions: Can'tStandAnymore, Deafsn0w and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
Higurashi no naku koro ni, nice anime

higurashi-main.jpg

Reactions: BeHope, Deafsn0w and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
Darker than black
kara no kyoukai
casshern sins

some of the gloomier ones i've seen. I like dark and gloomy. Gave up watching anime years ago though.Was never the typical anime watching person (these day's it's all changed though with anime becoming more popular among everyday crowd) i liked it more when it was niche ... when something gains alot of attention i usually stop it altogether.

Had to go check on "Myanimelist.net" to see what i'd seen and what not. Forgot login and all but found my username ... last online 2010 ... yeah that's quite a while ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deafsn0w, Eren and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Mage
Oct 23, 2018
I would like that in this thread we share tastes and opinions about different animes.

I start, I love Serial Experiments Lain, it is a very psychological anime uses the concept of "internet" to talk about some philosophical issues such as existentialism.

857a0032-9e6f-4a26-be16-6e8068c30b1d.jpg

I loved this immensely, it was the start of my taste of anime not being yellow-haired glowing people screaming a lot. Which had entirely put me off the medium. If you know more thought-provoking Anime like it I would love to know. I also fell in love with everything Studio Ghibli. I have nothing but time on my hands these days so more suggested distractions are good. Thanks.

Reactions: Jc40, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
Glim

Glim

Student
Jan 28, 2019
Girls' Last Tour AKA Fallout with moeblobs. It's so comfy. If you are put off by little girls in anime; do not worry, the tone is pretty serious and gloomy throughout.
Trevor easley girls last tour3

I loved this immensely, it was the start of my taste of anime not being yellow-haired glowing people screaming a lot. Which had entirely put me off the medium. If you know more thought-provoking Anime like it I would love to know. I also fell in love with everything Studio Ghibli. I have nothing but time on my hands these days so more suggested distractions are good. Thanks.

Texhnolyze(as mentioned above) and Ergo Proxy(not really thought provoking but kind of similar to Texhnloyze in being set in the post-apocalypse. Also Paranoia Agent and Kaiba (childish, juvenile artstyle but deals with heavy subjects). Kaiba is similar to Lain in terms of abstractness

Last edited:
Reactions: Lil_Intro_Vert, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w and 2 others
Nanami

Nanami

Global Mod
Nov 20, 2018
Girls' Last Tour AKA Fallout with moeblobs. It's so comfy. If you are put off by little girls in anime; do not worry, the tone is pretty serious and gloomy throughout.

Surprised to see someone mention Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, but I thought it was great. I also really love the ED2 Amadare no Uta / Song of Raindrops, it calms me down so much.

Edit: Kaiba was very interesting too. Altough I had to watch it several times to pick up on certain stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eren, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deafsn0w
15dec

15dec

ember in the dark
Dec 7, 2018
Yakusoku no Neverland is really good, just started watching it today

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Eren, SeventyNine and 1 other person
deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
Yakusoku no Neverland is really good, just started watching it today
Barely 5 episodes, do you want me to forget all the previous episodes by the time they finish airing? The Rising Of The Shield Hero is cool too.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Eren and 15dec
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
Card Captor Sakura and Sailor Moon and Yuri on Ice and Kaichou wa Maid sama.

Also Meiji Toyko Renka is rly good but its not finished yet. It's airing right now!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wolfjob_dayjob and Eren
Lil_Intro_Vert

Lil_Intro_Vert

she/they
Oct 15, 2018
Made in Abyss if you like fantasy kinda stuff, very good story about a girl and a robot exploring a beautiful world
Haibane Renmei is a nice slice of life and is very calming, i love the world it takes place in
Neon Genesis Evangelion is a must, if you haven't seen what are ya doin fam
Angel Beats is about high schoolers that wake up in a world where they can't die, as some sort of weird afterlife
Clannad if you like rom coms/slice of life that will make you cry, my god it's amazing

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Eren
E

End.of.the.line

Sep 25, 2018
My favourite anime Is berserk 1997 and the berserk golden age arc movies. Idid not enjoy the 2016 anime at all:(

Other then that I like Black Lagoon, I can't get enough of Revy.

I also really liked Golgo 13, Gants, one punch man, ajin, claymore and phantom: requiem of the phantom.

Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
Made in Abyss if you like fantasy kinda stuff, very good story about a girl and a robot exploring a beautiful world
Haibane Renmei is a nice slice of life and is very calming, i love the world it takes place in
Neon Genesis Evangelion is a must, if you haven't seen what are ya doin fam
Angel Beats is about high schoolers that wake up in a world where they can't die, as some sort of weird afterlife
Clannad if you like rom coms/slice of life that will make you cry, my god it's amazing

Evangelion is very good

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lil_Intro_Vert
agreement

agreement

Mage
Mar 26, 2018
I really like haruhi, but the chapters came out chronologically disordened :/ I also saw the movie.
Yes the first season was not in order on purpose.
I've downloaded a release of first and second season in proper order.
I've seen the movie too and I'll see soon the Nagato spin-off.

Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
I'm enjoying Love Is War right now. Those crazy kids are totally going to fall in love.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
D

daemonblight

Jun 26, 2018
They're not Japanese, but they have an animesque style; Avatar: The Last Airbender and Totally Spies. I would say Winx Club too, but ppl are pretty torn on whether it's animesque or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, AnnihilatedAnna, EmotionlessWanderer and 1 other person