• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

alfie

Experienced
Dec 5, 2018
is it true that prolifers are trying to abolish assisted suicide?

if so, they should start with animal euthanasia tbh... and then when they are successful with cancelling that, move onto humans...

why are animals afforded the right to a humane exit and not humans??

it's just not fair tbh...

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020

if so, they should start with animal euthanasia tbh... and then when they are successful with cancelling that, move onto humans...

why are animals afforded the right to a humane exit and not humans??

it's just not fair tbh...
I believe they think animals don't have a soul, I personally think they do. But if they are in suffering maybe it's a good idea for the, to go peacefully like we would like for ourselves.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
i have nothing against animal euthanasia but shouldn't the breed that invented the humane exit be on the priority list for receiving such a rarified privilege?
You have all the big pharma industry that wants us to spend money on their treatments. That is also a good thing In some cases, others not so much. But the healthcare industry is a billion dollar industry.

Reactions: demuic and alfie
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
I'll take my "hmph" ratings accordingly...I kind of have a "hot take" on this issue. My belief is that all parties to this debate are "pro-lifers" when it comes to someone without a terminal illness ending their lives, barring maybe some people in places like the Netherlands or possibly Switzerland. It sure as hell is that way here in the good ol' US of A.

In fact I might even agree (I'm still thinking this part through) that at least the people looking to stop all forms of euthanasia are logically consistent here. You are alive and you are going to die. That isn't morbid, it is the simple truth. So why should the fact that I am going to die in three months or six months or a year or some other relatively short timeframe grant me access to means to accelerating my death quickly and painlessly while barring me from doing so if my death is five years or ten years or some other timeframe out? There was a time before you were here and there will be a time after you are here. And that's ignoring, of course, how often doctors are wrong when diagnosing life expectancy with a terminal illness.

The hair splitting and "angels dancing on the heads of pins" language the people in support of end of life (only!) euthanasia is so ridiculous I sometimes wonder if they believe it themselves. My sense is the next big step they're going to take is to try to exclude end of life euthanasia from the category of suicide entirely. Not sure how they'll class it, but with dogshit language like "died by suicide" ascendant anything is possible.

Once you start thinking about voluntary death without some sort of accompanying terminal condition, the media is not your friend. The psychiatric establishment is not your friend. And the political establishment is sure as hell not your friend. I wish it was otherwise, but that's the world we live in.

Reactions: demuic and alfie
Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
My mother works as an ambulant old people's nurse. Sometimes she tells stories of patients with dementia who don't recognize their family. Some just sit and stare at the wall or lay in bed all day. Others smear the content of their diaper everywhere. One woman should brush her teeth and when my mother gave her the toothbrush she looked at it and then started cleaning the sink because she didn't know what to do with it.

Other people have cancer and suffer from immense pain for months "fighting cancer" just to die in the end anyways.

That's no life, no "human dignity" as pro-lifers like to call it. I personally would embrace euthanasia for humans if there is a valid reason for it.

Anecdote from Germany: not long ago in November an old man suffocated his wife he had been married with for 70 years with a blanket because she had severe dementia, didn't recognize him, suffered from pain and the man had to take care of her a lot. He killed her out of love, and the court felt sorry for him and gave him a relatively mild punishment for what is basically murder.
Seems like there is actually an English article: https://www.news.com.au/world/europ...e/news-story/d962a422417ae6ec55c7666a14a664b6

Marktheghost

Marktheghost

Paragon
Feb 20, 2020
Animals don't even give their consent. It makes no sense to kill animals without their consent, but force humans to carry on suffering when we want to die.