H

Hammer

just about gone.
Jun 15, 2020
I'm nearing my end now, severe panic disorder for over 15 years and Emetophobia, and now I'm getting older I've got completely normal issues that anyone else would just get help for, but because of my phobia I'm stuck suffering.

But in my final days after searching so much about how to end it, I've started finding myself getting really angry whenever I look up something and see "don't do it" "seek help" etc

I get that some people are just a little depressed and might need that random stranger on the internet to say something, but the majority of us I believe just find it offensive, or is it just me?

Also don't even get me started on Google's auto response of a fucking suicides hotline.

• Love
Reactions: rayofsunshine, TAW122, Pryras and 4 others
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
I'm nearing my end now, severe panic disorder for over 15 years and Emetophobia, and now I'm getting older I've got completely normal issues that anyone else would just get help for, but because of my phobia I'm stuck suffering.

But in my final days after searching so much about how to end it, I've started finding myself getting really angry whenever I look up something and see "don't do it" "seek help" etc

I get that some people are just a little depressed and might need that random stranger on the internet to say something, but the majority of us I believe just find it offensive, or is it just me?

Also don't even get me started on Google's auto response of a fucking suicides hotline.

it shows that people put in zero effort to help someone, unless it fills their pockets/egos for the day.

Reactions: Kamiotesoro and _Minsk
M

meerpasta

Jan 29, 2020
The people who just keep saying "get help" often haven't had to get help for something serious enough to cause depression or suicide, they haven't dealt with the "help" that is out there. They haven't thought or researched about it, they just think every depressed citizen can be shuffled into some system and always come out of the other end well, it's offensive and insulting because their understanding is simple and uneducated and they assume you're in the wrong for not seeing it like them.

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44, pthnrdnojvsc and Kamiotesoro
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
The people who just keep saying "get help" often haven't had to get help for something serious enough to cause depression or suicide, they haven't dealt with the "help" that is out there. They haven't thought or researched about it, they just think every depressed citizen can be shuffled into some system and always come out of the other end well, it's offensive and insulting because their understanding is simple and uneducated and they assume you're in the wrong for not seeing it like them.
"youre depressed? heres a phone number and a glass of water, go fuck yourself."

Reactions: Kamiotesoro
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I don't find it offensive. I just think it's a moral action to try and save a life.

With that said, any mature person with free will and autonomy doesn't have to take that advice.

No chats with strangers is going to fix my hopeless existence, and nobody can live your life for you.

W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019

Agreed. I've had friends say "at least you're safe" when hospital environments are some of the least safe out there. Very predatory staff and other patients.

Reactions: Kamiotesoro and KiraComplex
Kamiotesoro

Kamiotesoro

✌️
Apr 27, 2020
To be completely honest, I think that it can help to some degree and if a person, especially a minor, is going to find themselves in such a place, however, in case for most people on this forum, it's kinda pointless. And most of the times these phrases are not said or typed out of bad intentions, it's just that people don't know in what other way to help. And yes it does get irritating at times but I'm still glad at least there's something instead of a "yeah, go do it")

Reactions: KiraComplex
KiraComplex

KiraComplex

sugar, spice…
Aug 31, 2019
Agreed. I've had friends say "at least you're safe" when hospital environments are some of the least safe out there. Very predatory staff and other patients.
the patients are somehow worse than the staff.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Get help? I have people angry at me that I won't get help, apparently in doing so I am emotionally abusing them. Yet its been known for years I can't take medication unless it comes in liquid form, NO anti D's or similar come in liquid form,
How can I get therapy when there is at least a years waiting list, even more now due to this lockdown in the UK<
So yes I get very fucking angry at those who throw that line at me or towards me, because they are fucking selfish bastards who don't actually look far enough into a situation to be able to understand why we don't get help!

Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
"Get help" feels even more cold when you hear it in person or over the phone.

Like, GEE I never considered that option. Yes, you emotionally and physically traumatized me for life but talking to someone will fix everything.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soulless_Angel
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
"Get help" feels even more cold when you hear it in person or over the phone.

Like, GEE I never considered that option. Yes, you emotionally and physically traumatized me for life but talking to someone will fix everything.

what about when you are the only who emotionally fucks someoe else over

• Hugs
Reactions: Pryras
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I find it offensive too, and it's mainly because I made up my mind with regards to what I plan to do (in this case, to CTB) and I know what I want because I am the only person living my own damn life. I feel like people who say that oftenly make it about themselves, their group, or society, not so much about the suicidal person or person who is suffering. They simply want to project their will, views, morals, and values onto whoever doesn't fit their mold of 'happiness' and 'life is good' perspective.

I will admit, sometimes I get so worked up that I temporarily go into a frenzy of a rage, then calm down only to see something like that (or similar) again and get upset all over.

Reactions: EmbraceOfTheVoid
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I expect the worst out of people to begin with so I don't have this problem but I've heard this nonsense being said to other people and it's really just coming from crappy human beings who don't want to deal with the reality that life isn't so great after all.

Last edited: