Ramirez

Ramirez

Criminally insane
Jun 10, 2019
Is anyone close to the end and just really fucking angry? like what a fucking world. we cant even openly talk without having to worry about the fucking police coming over and locking us up! for what? fucking slave system. cant leave to leave this shithole!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: thesighofleaves, Deleted member 4993, Chupacabra 44 and 15 others
N

nothingchanges

Student
Sep 11, 2020
after being committed for my first attempt i had a meeting w my senator mitt romney bc i think coerced institutionalization is a fucking crime. freedom means you can say what you want and do what you want with yourself without retribution if it doesn't involve other people. he said i could draft a bill w some other congressmen but i haven't had the time. it is a slave system. don't step out of line.

Reactions: Ramirez, Deleted member 4993, _Minsk and 1 other person
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
after being committed for my first attempt i had a meeting w my senator mitt romney bc i think coerced institutionalization is a fucking crime. freedom means you can say what you want and do what you want with yourself without retribution if it doesn't involve other people. he said i could draft a bill w some other congressmen but i haven't had the time. it is a slave system. don't step out of line.
Will they commit you after an attempt no matter what?

N

nothingchanges

Student
Sep 11, 2020

I've read that around 70% of people get committed after an attempt. after mine they had a social worker come into the hospital room and ask me a bunch of questions. unfortunately i was honest and admitted that i still wanted to die and didn't know that that gave them the right to lock me up. got out after a day cause i was so pissed off and vibed with my psychiatrist so he let me go. regardless, what you say to the social worker that evaluates your case determines if they keep you or not

edit: this is in the US btw i'm not sure how it works elsewhere

Last edited:
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
I've read that around 70% of people get committed after an attempt. after mine they had a social worker come into the hospital room and ask me a bunch of questions. unfortunately i was honest and admitted that i still wanted to die and didn't know that that gave them the right to lock me up. got out after a day cause i was so pissed off and vibed with my psychiatrist so he let me go. regardless, what you say to the social worker that evaluates your case determines if they keep you or not
thanks for the thorough response. so basically, if you have the chance, lie so they don't commit you. being pissed off helped you to get out though?

N

nothingchanges

Student
Sep 11, 2020
thanks for the thorough response. so basically, if you have the chance, lie so they don't commit you. being pissed off helped you to get out though?

yeah, i only got really mad because certain staff kept threatening to keep me longer if i didn't cooperate like it was a game to them. suuuuuper corrupt. i threatened to call an attorney and sue for abuse and when i finally saw the psychiatrist he could tell that i was of sound mind and i convinced him that i didn't want to die anymore

Reactions: _Minsk and Teal_Blue_Dreams
Insertname1

Insertname1

Student
Sep 21, 2020
When I lived in America, I was committed twice, my mum found me unconscious when she came to pick me up for work, I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital or the mental institution I was in after that. Something called the Baker act kept me there against my will even though I tried to leave, they had security at my door and then police transport me from the hospital so I wouldn't escape, kinda bullshit if you ask me

Reactions: nothingchanges
the witch’s lament

the witch’s lament

Sep 5, 2020
I live in the U.S. and after my attempt that was discovered I was committed. and expressing ideation to a mental health provider had me committed as well, on a separate occasion. it varies state by state, but if the authorities are involved at any level believing you attempted, you will almost definitely be committed. at the cost of both arms and legs to boot.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Teal_Blue_Dreams
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
They can't let their taxcattle just off themselves. Who's going to pay for everything?

Reactions: Ramirez, nothingchanges and Teal_Blue_Dreams
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am in the U.S. and after 1 attempt, I was committed for 2 weeks AND then I had 8 weeks of IOP(intense outpatient) therapy, court mandated, THEN 6 months of having a mental health counselor visit me at my place every week. During the 6 months time, I had a relapse, another week committed AND another 6 months added on, of the counselor at my place. Over a full year!!

• Wow
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams
Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
I am in the U.S. and after 1 attempt, I was committed for 2 weeks AND then I had 8 weeks of IOP(intense outpatient) therapy, court mandated, THEN 6 months of having a mental health counselor visit me at my place every week. During the 6 months time, I had a relapse, another week committed AND another 6 months added on, of the counselor at my place. Over a full year!!
whaaaaat??? i am in the us too. ive never heard of something so extreme! i'd ask was all of that helpful but i probably don't need to.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
whaaaaat??? i am in the us too. ive never heard of something so extreme! i'd ask was all of that helpful but i probably don't need to.
No, it did NOT help at all. In fact, just came to me when I was writing this, after the 2 week stint, the court system wanted me committed for 6 months to a state run place and I said no, and fought it, so instead I got the IOP 8 weeks and 6 month at home visits. All of that did nothing for me at all.

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
No, it did NOT help at all. In fact, just came to me when I was writing this, after the 2 week stint, the court system wanted me committed for 6 months to a state run place and I said no, and fought it, so instead I got the IOP 8 weeks and 6 month at home visits. All of that did nothing for me at all.
this country and the culture around self-liberation is just so unfair and forcing people into all kinds of crap doesnt help.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
this country and the culture around self-liberation is just so unfair and forcing people into all kinds of crap doesnt help.
THANK YOU as far as I totally agree with you on your last statement. When I was in the hospital for the 2 weeks, during that time I was visited by police officer and he threw a lot of paperwork on my bed. When he left looked at it and it was about going to court for the 6 month state run place commitment, I was blind sided as far as no one had said anything to me about it. The next week I went before a judge and had to fight to stay out. It sucked and did nothing for me but mess me up alot more.

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
THANK YOU as far as I totally agree with you on your last statement. When I was in the hospital for the 2 weeks, during that time I was visited by police officer and he threw a lot of paperwork on my bed. When he left looked at it and it was about going to court for the 6 month state run place commitment, I was blind sided as far as no one had said anything to me about it. The next week I went before a judge and had to fight to stay out. It sucked and did nothing for me but mess me up alot more.
im sorry that you went through that. you didn't need or deserve that bs during the worst time of your life! :hug: Sweeden, Norway, and Belgium are much smarter.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
im sorry that you went through that. you didn't need or deserve that bs during the worst time of your life! :hug: Sweeden, Norway, and Belgium are much smarter.
THANK YOU again for being so nice, caring and having empathy for me. REALLY helps me knowing I am NOT fighting depression alone. You are the best !!

• Love
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams