• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Considering how poor the quality of life was back in the ancient world (worked to death every day with little, if any, chance of societal progression or even offspring for that matter; more particularly, in irrigation societies), I don't really get why we don't hear of ctb much outside of isolated cases from the Bible, Ancient Rome, and Ancient Greece~
Like I get that they barely had writing outside of accounting and record keeping, so it wasn't likely to be recorded at all~ But it's still really weird that we never hear about them having problems at all with it~ Like I don't even have hope in this society, and yet, I wouldn't even be able to have enjoyment in those! >_<

• Informative
Reactions: WonderingSoul
T

Tsunami

Student
Nov 3, 2023
Because today's society is the worst that mankind has ever known, this society is destructive. The human race is destroying itself, all this oppressive technology, this race to succeed, screens everywhere, notifications everywhere, ads everywhere. A consumer society that's choking us, I can't stand it any more, I can't even go outside, rubbish everywhere in the streets, nature destroyed by man, the harm we inflict on animals, it's too oppressive.

• Love
Reactions: Jessi76, davidtorez, deathxo and 2 others
AnonymousRobin

AnonymousRobin

little bird fly away
Oct 7, 2022
I actually asked some of my.discord friends this last week 🧡 this is what I asked:

Do you think people thought of suicide frequently in the past, like ancient times, or do you reckon a lot of people go quickly to suicidal thoughts because of media and mass connection?

Reactions: davidtorez
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
We can ask how high is the suicide rate in slums today? Life there must be so horrible there yet "poor people" often procreate "like rabbits".

I think that avg. roman citizens had a pretty decent life. Most of the work was done by slaves. Suicide itself wasn't seen as sth bad and society wasn't as "sensitive" as nowadays society is. We don't have sources from ancient authors regarding this.

Compared to the whole population on earth suicidal people are a minority, a minority from all suicidal people on earth meets here and from all those minorities there's only a minority killing themselves in the end (bc of various reasons, methods availability, SI and so on).

I assume that wasn't much different in the past.

Reactions: davidtorez and FlyAwayHoney
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
All I can say is that I think there is way more to human history than we are taught in school. I think CTB methods back then may have been more brutal or smart even, considering certain chemicals weren't as restricted as they are today. (It still depends on the time and date of the location)

FlyAwayHoney

FlyAwayHoney

To be or not to be
Nov 6, 2023
It's actually interesting, because there is a definite correlation between industrialization, and suicide/depression. As society has progressed more and more towards what it is today, suicide and depression rates have increased with it. That is partly due from record keeping getting better, but also many theorize that the way of life today is not as fulfilling as it maybe once was.

It can also be attributed religion being waay more ingrained in society back then. Suicide was considered sinful and against the law.

We also had way less to worry about during a lot of human history. We just… survived. We built shelter and hunted and gathered food. And that was it.

Now, we worry about so much more. About bills, jobs, our careers, our place in society, how others look at us, our love lives, ect. We have so much more time to think about life. And ponder our existence. Our knowledge of the world, and of ourselves, is way more than it was back then as well. We're overall a smarter society. And with knowledge, with intelligence, sometimes comes unhappiness.

What it took for one to be satisfied with life back then, is different than what it is now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
It's actually interesting, because there is a definite correlation between industrialization, and suicide/depression. As society has progressed more and more towards what it is today, suicide and depression rates have increased with it. That is partly due from record keeping getting better, but also many theorize that the way of life today is not as fulfilling as it maybe once was.
I think that's partially due to ecological reasons. I personally want to CTB because my genes was fucked up before my birth when my father worked as air defence officer. Another example: think about lead contamination. It causes both increased crime and decreased IQ, sure it can increase suicide rates too. I just found an article: "The new study found that towns with higher child blood lead levels also have higher suicide rates—probably due to a connection between lead exposure and mental illness". And think about all the plastics which cause diabetes which causes depression in some cases (also scientifically proven).

Last edited:
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Don't forget that death rates were higher and life expectancy overall was much lower.