• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
OR how come the mother and the father doesn't try to figure out, what made their daughter lose her will to live in the first place? And then go after those things or those people, instead... Basically this website offered her a cure. Let's say, her parents don't see it as a cure. Okay, fine. Let's say, she could have easily been cured in another way and be happy today, therefore the parents and their daughter could have lived happily ever after... So then in their eyes, shouldn't that just make this website into people who are no different than incompetent doctors? What evidence do they have to make them think, this website and it's community, exist for an evil purpose? Can they read all our minds? What would make people into jumping to the conclusion, there is some kind of death cult in existence when throughout all of human history, no such cult has existed... Why should they assume, everyone in this world, shares their values? I remember the father talking about how the website owner or owners could profit by getting a cut from the people who sell certain substances... Well such a business plan would result in very little money being made... Therefore, regardless if they get a cut or not, this website was obviously created with noble intentions. Because most people do not CTB in this world... You can't make millions or billions with websites like this... Not even hundreds of thousands. Therefore, wouldn't it be logical for the family who lost their daughter to devote most of their time and energy into going after the whatever or whoever made their daughter lose the will to live, first? And then deal with this website as simply, incompetent people, partially responsible for her death? Why go after this website as the main perpetrator behind this "crime." That is extremely illogical. If these parents actually do love their dead daughter, they are not thinking straight. If they want justice, then they should go after the people or things responsible for making her lose the will to live!
They are doing everything they possibly can to get as much attention and validation as they can for themselves.
To neurotypicals, that's a perfectly rational response. They are thinking straight.
"Me, me, me, look at me, look at me" is thinking straight in this culture.

Reactions: LittleJem and Severen
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
They are doing everything they possibly can to get as much attention and validation as they can for themselves.
To neurotypicals, that's a perfectly rational response. They are thinking straight.
"Me, me, me, look at me, look at me" is thinking straight in this culture.
You are most likely right, unfortunately. I edited my previous post by the way to make it more clear and thought provoking.

NextSummer

NextSummer

Experienced
Mar 28, 2019
There was a recent radio-interview with the parents, I don't know if you have seen it, it's on youtube. They were talking about your comments Severen, since you called members of the grieving family "nutjobs" and "minions". One might not find the campaign of the family to be "reasonable" or "just", but one definately helps in dragging down the image of this forum by attacking the grieving family on such a personal level. It makes the forum look dark and shady.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
There was a recent radio-interview with the parents, I don't know if you have seen it, it's on youtube. They were talking about your comments Severen, since you called members of the grieving family "nutjobs" and "minions". One might not find the campaign of the family to be "reasonable" or "just", but one definately helps in dragging down the image of this forum by attacking the grieving family on such a personal level. It makes the forum look dark and shady.

I'm well aware. I've decided to keep my eyes on these people. And I highly doubt me calling these kinds of people "nutjobs" and "minions", has made this forum look dark and shady. It just pissed them off, that's all. Such words get thrown around all the time, when it comes to every topic in this world that is controversial. I've heard a million times worse in discussions about Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. The "darkest" comments they brought up in the eyes of society were the comments that were responses to their daughter before the CTBed. But oh well. This forum was destined to never be accepted by mainstream society and never will be. Born to live and die, as the enemy of all cultists connected to Abrahamic religions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Empty Smile, jake3d and Meretlein
AtomicNewt

AtomicNewt

A girl doesn't need anyone who doesn't need her
Jun 5, 2019
(Disclaimer - I joined the whole SS conversation after this took place)

I had a revelation earlier today. I know that this site, and others, are under scrutiny due to a suicide where the person was a member of this family. The mother, if I recall correctly, was making it a mission to shut sites like this down, because she felt they killed her daughter. Interesting enough, the obit requested that "instead of flowers, give to a (group that helps prevent suicide).

There's a conflict here, isn't there? If this person was seriously concerned about preventing suicide, would she be using her 30 seconds of fame on suggesting mental health professionals flood these sites to help people? It appears she's wants to run us underground and close our sites.. It's interesting, and ironic, that she's actually not preventing suicide: she's trying to hide it.

Therefore, preventing suicide is not her goal. She's not acting out the role as a concerned parent - she's acting out of vengeance and, likely, guilt: our family knew more about her daughter than she did. Her daughter could confide in us more than she could her own family.

That says something right there. Any thoughts? Am I way off base? Is this a verboten topic?
Oh everything about this post is completely spot on! Rather than try and understand, which could be painful, it's easier to lash out and transfer possible problems onto someone else. Get that it's intensely challenging to think rationally when ravaged by grief - I REALLY do - but it doesn't help achieve anything in your own journey of any kind of acceptance of you cannot try to keep your mind open.

I found this site on the day I'd set out to ctb. Was just looking for anything to help with method. It certainly wasn't here that drove me to that and if anything it made me pause. Mostly because the info I found here made me realise if I was discovered I really might be fucked. Since then I've paused to read and vent spleen, and it's been the best therapy I could have imagined. But fundamentally, if anything, this place stopped me attempting to cbt that day. Will l pause and consider and do so in a better informed and supported way if/when I need to.

Such an astute point about how people here, in their despair, at least have people to talk to and so don't have to die alone. It certainly offers me comfort! Have those judging here ever thought of that? Doubt it, not ready to contemplate some deep and difficult truths. Feel that despite all the pain and problems people have here, we are actually the ones that can better penetrate how life actually works! It's not our fault if people close their ears to the cries whilst here we are open and listening.

Reactions: jake3d, TowerUpright and AutumnEmbers
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
There was a recent radio-interview with the parents, I don't know if you have seen it, it's on youtube. They were talking about your comments Severen, since you called members of the grieving family "nutjobs" and "minions".

The same interview which in which they mention @not_a_robot's post, the one about "it's so effing hilariously absurd how we're being monitored for potential criminal prosecution for what we decide to do with our own bodies". The journalist just says about the post "that's taking it too far" and changes the subject, probably because she knows you can't really argue with that.

and there was another radio interview with the family a couple of days ago

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
I'll not comment on the supposed motives of a grief-stricken mother. What I will say is that it's quite naive to expect 'mental health professionals' to attempt to convert us here: who's going to pay them to do this?

The goal of psychiatry and the so called 'mental health field' is not to cure supposed mental illnesses (it's clear they can't do that) but to protect the status-quo and to keep mental and emotional suffering an individual aberration that does not reflect on society as a whole or other parties. Just like exorcisms of old they pretend to treat these so called illnesses while they haven't got the first clue as to their origins and mechanisms so whatever efficacity their methods have is mainly due to a combination of the placebo-effect and the healing effect of social contact that is perceived as caring. That and numbing thoughts and feelings into oblivion: as if turning people into zombies is so much better than having them commit suicide or expressing their pain and grief.
They could do it for free, just like they do all of the hotlines for free.
The media chose to publish this story. They didn't have to. They reject lots of stories on a regular basis, and even have agreements not to report much on suicides because it leads to copycat deaths. But they published this one. Without the media, the mother's fb posts wouldn't have so much visibility. Let's not let the media off the hook here.

Reactions: Soul
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
David Foster Wallace compared suicide to jumping out of burning building. Pro-lifers don't want to put out the fire, they want to bar the windows so we can't escape.

10 out of 10 analogy. Pro lifers (pro suffeing) are the devil.

ScorpiusDragon

ScorpiusDragon

Mage
Mar 25, 2019
Preventing suicide by force is simpler/easier/and requires less effort than making an effort to be better human beings to those closest to us. It's really as simple as that.

I couldn't have said this better myself

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
They could do it for free, just like they do all of the hotlines for free.
The media chose to publish this story. They didn't have to. They reject lots of stories on a regular basis, and even have agreements not to report much on suicides because it leads to copycat deaths. But they published this one. Without the media, the mother's fb posts wouldn't have so much visibility. Let's not let the media off the hook here.

Most news media have always been looking for a scoop: a big, juicy, dramatic story. What's new? Expecting gutter media to report fairly and objectively is like expecting a dog not to lick its own behind.

The suicide prohibition is not the media's fault but the lawmakers' and psychiatry.

Hotlines are manned by volunteers. Expecting so called 'mental health professionals' to perform their voodoo for free is like expecting hookers to have sex for the same reason. These people should either come up with research that actually proves their spurious contentions and the supposed effectiveness of their treatments (statistically significant from the placebo-effect) or find a real job and stop deceiving the public they indeed know what they're doing and their activity actually lessens mental suffering and significantly decreases the suicide rate. In practice the opposite happens: more and more people are 'diagnosed' and suicides rates go up.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Soul and jake3d