tary

tary

Experienced
Jul 3, 2022

It says that she had told her children for a long time that she would CTB eventually, and even that "it was time" when she decided to do it. The author apparently didn't take her mother seriously, though. I'm glad that nobody had her locked up or anything and that she was allowed to leave on her own terms. The text also mentions the PPH and a poison ordered from the Internet, and that her death was peaceful. It also includes a farewell letter, which I thought was very well written.

I personally don't have children and am only 31. The only person I would like to tell I'm planning to CTB eventually would be my mother, but I'm sure she wouldn't take it very well. I may wait until she's gone, unless my life goes way downhill somehow and I have to use the SN in my closet.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RW__Asher23, corazon, Forever Sleep and 9 others
F

FadingFast2023

Feb 11, 2023
The article was an interesting read. Sounds like she got SN when it was more easily available and held onto it for years. Similar to the woman in the article, I have made it a point to say to all my close friends what is going to happen in my future. I have brought it up only once to let them know what is coming, and if they do not want to experience whatever pain this will bring they are free to live their life without me in it. I am not sure if they actually believe me, nor do I care, but it alleviates my "guilt" for whenever the time does come.

• Aww..
Reactions: Rational man and Meditation guide
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
I am in a similar situation so thank you so much for sharing this!

• Hugs
Reactions: Rational man and tary
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Thanks for sharing that article. To me it highlights the loneliness of having to hide your desire to ctb and then do it totally alone with no one there with you. Like you are a criminal committing a crime. As if the act itself is not horrible enough, you can't be open about it, and have to hide it and be sneaky about it.

Reactions: Rational man, tpboy and tary
tary

tary

Experienced
Jul 3, 2022
Thanks for sharing that article. To me it highlights the loneliness of having to hide your desire to ctb and then do it totally alone with no one there with you. Like you are a criminal committing a crime. As if the act itself is not horrible enough, you can't be open about it, and have to hide it and be sneaky about it.
I agree, the ideal way to die would be in a hospital with your loved ones present. But sadly that's only likely to happen if you're terminally ill, either from the illness or euthanasia. At least she tried to let people know and got everything in order before exiting. Her friend wasn't shocked when she heard.

Reactions: Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
A sobering read. Though im much younger, there comes a time when we reflect on our life, purpose and the future. For me, disease will end me unless I cease through other plans, namely, a legal assistant to CTB, if it is legalised in UK. I worked with a 22 Year old man years ago who ctb. It was a shock to many but later on, several people I spoke to admitted that they were aware that something like this might happen. Are we as humans so afraid of impermanence, of death, of the unspeakable that we are blind to the cessation of all things ?.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful profound article.

dreambound

dreambound

Student
Dec 14, 2021
It is a powerful article, & the writing has a kind of poetic beauty...
& you can't help but feel the sadness in her words.
--thank you for posting it here......