• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
While this quote is from a food blogger by the name of Wilkes McDermid, I believe it is relatable towards us pro-choicers. I find it empowering and applicable towards our plight with suffering.

Anyways, here is his quote taken from his blog post "REASONS: My final blog entry… love you all" :

"I can't stop people lying to me for the rest of my life… but I can control how long my life will be and therefore how long I will have to suffer."

His blog was mainly about relationship issues and dating and romance, and not to discount his reasons or his plight and suffering as his suffering is valid. This thread isn't solely about him though nor is it about dating and romance, but just simply how his quote can be empowering towards our pro-choice philosophy in general. I believe that yes, we as pro-choicers believe in choosing whether to live or die on our own terms, and the last part of McDermid's quote really rings true since it literally states how long one's life will be and how much suffering one is willing to endure when one decides to end it on one's own terms.

Now whether one actually follows through with such a decision is another matter, not withstanding the survival instinct, accessibility to methods, and personal circumstances. However, just the quote itself is rather empowering and it is something that many of us pro-choicers on SaSu can relate to. So even if McDermid did end his life for his personal reasons and societal reasons as well, he definitely exercised his ultimate freedom and ultimate act of bodily autonomy, which is the right to choose when to live or die on one's own terms. Again, his reasons and situation are valid and there are certainly people who are in similar predicaments as he is too.

Sadly, of course, the survivors and the people that know him or are close to him disrespect his choices and even there are pro-life busybodies who try to intervene against his wishes despite how rational, well-thought out his decision was. That part is simply just despicable, but I digress. Anyways, I thought that quote was quite empowering and that most of us pro-choicers can relate to it so I thought I'd share it. As a pro-choicer myself, I too face the same, if not similar problems, with pro-lifers lying to keep me and (most of) us pro-choicers in perpetual torment until the end of time. Therefore, it is up to us and we should have the ultimate right as the ultimate arbiter on how long we are willing to suffer. I hope this quote also empowers the rest of the pro-choicers on here too.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
People should always have the option to take control over the inevitable, it's the most basic human right to be able to find permanent relief from suffering, I just wish it's not so difficult to do so.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Another thought that comes to mind and slightly related to this quote is how IRL people around me infantlize me, where I lack charisma in life and people feel the need to lecture, patronize, or otherwise try to talk to me like a child. I can't control how they treat me, even if I change my demeanor (not that it would change much), so all I have control over is just how much I'm willing to tolerate being treated as lesser by people around me..

So true. Rest in peace Wilkes.
Yes and it took a lot of courage for him to make the jump over the tall building. I would even say that while jumping has seen success, there is also a possibility of failure depending on height, how one lands, the ground below (hard surface or body of water), and how quickly medical attention arrives.

People should always have the option to take control over the inevitable, it's the most basic human right to be able to find permanent relief from suffering, I just wish it's not so difficult to do so.
Indeed and the survival instinct is still a pain in the ass to deal with. I'm relieved to hear that Wilkes is at peace since then and no longer suffering.

Thanks for the post! Interesting read.
You're welcome and hope it was empowering.

Reactions: Huggs