• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

justabouttobedone

justabouttobedone

No Longer Human
Feb 21, 2019
Hi, as I always said in my previous posts, I have serious memory problems for some reason. It is extremely difficult to learn or memorize things for me, but recently I realized an awkward problem with my memory. I can't memorize things that is important and must be remembered, but I memorize things that is unnecessary and stupid. For example, when I tried to study chem yesterday, although I tried with all I have, I couldn't learn anything but unnecessary things like in which year the neutrons are discovered and by whom (this won't be questioned in the exam) or what is the approximate radius of an atom claimed by Thomson (this won't be questioned either). This drives me into crazy...

Reactions: Minudah, 21Neberg, Final Escape and 2 others
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
Hi, as I always said in my previous posts, I have serious memory problems for some reason. It is extremely difficult to learn or memorize things for me, but recently I realized an awkward problem with my memory. I can't memorize things that is important and must be remembered, but I memorize things that is unnecessary and stupid. For example, when I tried to study chem yesterday, although I tried with all I have, I couldn't learn anything but unnecessary things like in which year the neutrons are discovered and by whom (this won't be questioned in the exam) or what is the approximate radius of an atom claimed by Thomson (this won't be questioned either). This drives me into crazy...
Ugh, chemistry, I hated that class. Almost failed it, good luck to you in that class.

Reactions: 21Neberg, Deleted member 4993 and justabouttobedone
justabouttobedone

justabouttobedone

No Longer Human
Feb 21, 2019
Ugh, chemistry, I hated that class. Almost failed it, good luck to you in that class.
Yeah it is pain in the ass... Thanks for good wishes

Reactions: lemmeeleev
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Omg, I have the exact same problem lol! I have trouble with my working memory. It's especially bad when I need to remember information about special directions for later use. I literally have to write everything they say down because my processing, comprehension, ability to hold on to information is really shoty.

I've been wanting to record what they say on fone lol! So I will have the whole conversation. Like record people talking to me without their knowledge for my own use. This is an area that adderall at least for a time helped some with especially at work. I can listen to people when I'm engaged enough and not trying.

It's really hard when I'm distracted, if they don't speak clearly enough, or for whatever reason I can't remain fully focused on the convo. It's embarrassing, and I used to think I was just dumb. I didn't know it's some sort of learning disability. I'm also geographically disabled, extreme directional confusion, thank god for google maps, changed my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, justabouttobedone and lemmeeleev
justabouttobedone

justabouttobedone

No Longer Human
Feb 21, 2019
Omg, I have the exact same problem lol! I have trouble with my working memory. It's especially bad when I need to remember information about special directions for later use. I literally have to write everything they say down because my processing, comprehension, ability to hold on to information is really shoty.

I've been wanting to record what they say on fone lol! So I will have the whole conversation. Like record people talking to me without their knowledge for my own use. This is an area that adderall at least for a time helped some with especially at work. I can listen to people when I'm engaged enough and not trying.

It's really hard when I'm distracted, if they don't speak clearly enough, or for whatever reason I can't remain fully focused on the convo. It's embarrassing, and I used to think I was just dumb. I didn't know it's some sort of learning disability. I'm also geographically disabled, extreme directional confusion, thank god for google maps, changed my life.
I am also having bad time when I try to write something in English lol. Even though I learned academic English in the one of the best colleges of where I live, I forgot most of the knowledge I learned about English in just TWO fucking years. It is extremely hard to write something and even harder to speak now. It mostly takes half an hour to write a paragraph, because I have to double check everything and look at the Google translate for some words that I forgot to not make a mistake. I am probably making tones of mistakes anyway lol. If we talk about being "geographicly retarded", I was biggest geographicly retarded until a month ago. The meds fried my brain so much that I had to use maps to go the grocery store that is just two blocks away from home lmao. But It gets better day by day at least, It's not that bad now. By the way, I recommend you to use Moovit app if you use public transport for getting around, I think it's one of the best apps ever.

Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
I am surprised at the number of people reporting memory difficulties on this forum. As a child I had an excellent episodic memory, but around 15 or so it started going rapidly downhill and my brain started turning to mush. Now I'm nearly 30 and things are a little better, but it still bothers me. Depression, social isolation, and medication must have collectively fucked my working memory.

Reactions: lemmeeleev, Whatshername and justabouttobedone
RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
I'm the same way now. When I study I remember irrelevant facts and practically nothing that is important. Its super fucking annoying since its really effecting my grades :/

Reactions: lemmeeleev and justabouttobedone
justabouttobedone

justabouttobedone

No Longer Human
Feb 21, 2019
I am surprised at the number of people reporting memory difficulties on this forum. As a child I had an excellent episodic memory, but around 15 or so it started going rapidly downhill and my brain started turning to mush. Now I'm nearly 30 and things are a little better, but it still bothers me. Depression, social isolation, and medication must have collectively fucked my working memory.
In fact, technology is one of the biggest factors that cause this situation to occur. With "help" of the technology, we don't have to remember many things or use our brain to dream things or be creative to entertain ourselves. Everything we need is in the screens and we get what this screens offer us. This weakens our brains day by day like an unused muscle. I used to have a great memory and a creative brain that is hunger for knowledge. But since I've met the computer and I've become addicted to it, my brain weakened and my cognitive skills dropped down to zero. Now I'm afraid of doing anything but play games, listening to music, switching between browser tabs etc because I'm addicted to easy stimulates, why I have to use my brain anyway huh!? I want to pour out everything that is inside me, bothering me, eating me alive, torturing me every single day but guess I will cry instead...

Last edited:
Reactions: Pulpit2018, lemmeeleev, RottenOdysseus and 1 other person
RottenOdysseus

RottenOdysseus

θᾰ́νᾰτος
Feb 25, 2019
In fact, technology is one of the biggest factors that cause this situation to occur. With "help" of the technology, we don't have to remember many things or use our brain to dream things or be creative to entertain ourselves. Everything we need is in the screens and we get what this screens offer us. This weakens our brains day by day like an unused muscle. I used to have a great memory and a creative brain that is hunger for knowledge. But since I've met the computer and I've become addicted to it, my brain weakened and my cognitive skills dropped down to zero. Now I'm afraid of doing anything but play games, listening to music, switching between browser tabs etc because I'm addicted to easy stimulates, why I have to use my brain anyway huh!? I want to pour out everything that is inside me, bothering me, eating me alive, torturing me every single day but guess I will cry instead...
Maybe a good solution to this would be practicing memorizing things? Like you said, its an unused muscle, so in theory you could work it out like it was a body muscle like people do in gyms.

justabouttobedone

justabouttobedone

No Longer Human
Feb 21, 2019
Maybe a good solution to this would be practicing memorizing things? Like you said, its an unused muscle, so in theory you could work it out like it was a body muscle like people do in gyms.
I use some apps for this and am studying everyday. I hope that it will get better in the future but when spend your most important years of your life, your childhood, for cognitive development in front of the screen doing useless things like me, it feels like pointless to struggle to regain your skills and improve yourself. But I don't want to lose hope at the same time, so I am keep trying to enter a college again (probably it will be a nursing school).
By the way, I got rid of computer addiction recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snee and lemmeeleev
S

Snee

Student
Aug 3, 2018
If i didnt get meds(citaloprom,frisium,feliz,olanzaphine) from that fucking doc i wont have these problems

Reactions: lemmeeleev and justabouttobedone
justabouttobedone

justabouttobedone

No Longer Human
Feb 21, 2019
If i didnt get meds(citaloprom,frisium,feliz,olanzaphine) from that fucking doc i wont have these problems
Olanzapine is the head of the snake...