Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
This is a must watch on how fake social media is, that drove a father to kill his entire family, cause he couldn't stand his life posting every moment of their lives on Facebook. If you seen it lemme hear your thoughts, if not try an watch it's mind blowing. And not in a good way.
1C0A429F 8E3F 4C4E AA9A C4E20C38AB96

Reactions: ClownMe, WrongPlaceWrongTime, avoid_slow_death and 1 other person
ItsMe-Hecked

ItsMe-Hecked

Student
Dec 30, 2021
I've seen it. I watched it the week it came out. Idk. I didn't think much of it. Should I rewatch it?

• Love
Reactions: Sherri and WrongPlaceWrongTime
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
It began out one way, but ended in one of the most detailed and horrific ways possible. Chilled me to my very core and still haunts me to this day. Those poor, poor children...

• Hugs
Reactions: Sherri and WrongPlaceWrongTime
B

Bleak

Student
Nov 10, 2021
Ugh don't think I can stomach it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sherri
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Alright I'm downloading it right now, I'll write my thoughts after I watch it.

• Love
Reactions: Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I've seen it. I watched it the week it came out. Idk. I didn't think much of it. Should I rewatch it?
I will never be on a killers side, but that women shared her whole life on FB, all public to be seen, even the little girls, which some peados would love to watch and she forced him to take photos and videos about all the fake happiness they had. Against hun will he later said, so it's was like a pressure cooker about to burst. But what he did to those little girls is unforgivable. Just shows how fake social media can be,
Alright I'm downloading it right now, I'll write my thoughts after I watch it.
Please do. lemme know.
It began out one way, but ended in one of the most detailed and horrific ways possible. Chilled me to my very core and still haunts me to this day. Those poor, poor children...
I know I still think about it the little girl apparently said no daddy please, before he dumped that poor child in a oil tank. Still haunts me to, this one and dont F with cats. About a gay serial killer in Canada.
Ugh don't think I can stomach it.
It does take guts I have to admit,dont watch it.
It was all about look at me look at me. Even forbid his parents to stay away from the girls. Sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: avoid_slow_death and ItsMe-Hecked
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Don't need to watch, obviously another story of male violence against females and children.

I'm male, and really feel that men are a cancer to the human species.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Don't need to watch, obviously another story of male violence against females and children.

I'm male, and really feel that men are a cancer to the human species.
It's not only about the man, the woman also plays a crucial part on this.

O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Please do. lemme know.
It was weird how much of their life was shared on facebook. "Tell me when you get off the plane so I can film the girls". It seemed like she shared more of her life than the majority of social media users do. I don't know why he had to kill the kids too.

Was it pre meditated or did he snap and kill his wife in the rage of the moment? And then in a panicked state he decided the kids needed to die too. The prosecutor said it was premeditated but who knows. The most disturbing thing is how normal and mellow he seemed in all the footage. No history of violent crime, hadn't been abusing her or anything. He just goes from an average joe to a murderer one day. It makes you wonder if an ordinary person in your life has the capacity to murder you.

That was entertaining, I'm glad I watched it. Thanks for the recommendation

Reactions: avoid_slow_death
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Straight up? Dude was a Psychopath. All the fake tears and mourning and covering it up and falsifying his story to protect himself. But the most telling trait was the way he casually described IN FUCKING DETAIL what he did and how he did it. So, so reprehensible. Especially against those little ones. I actually cried when he got to the part about his daughters. That broke me.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
This the Watts case?
Besides the children, the wife is what would commonly be known as "an unsympathetic victim", a victim nonetheless, but I never quite understood why the police decided to allow publication of the discovery in the way they did, outing not just private details and correspondence with the murderer, but that of the victim's as well, unnecessary things really, she did not seem like a pleasant person..at all..but I still don't agree with the fact that her private texts and such were revealed to the public.
It was bizarre to see the victim have such little protection or shielding.
I think about it sometimes, and I usually don't get caught up in such 'true crime/wine mom' things, but that part of the case struck me.

If the guy really was driven by hate and snapped, then I have to say, he basically gave the person that he probably directed most of his anger at-exactly what they wanted. Reading what I have, I think his wife would be reveling in all the attention her name is getting and how many people are fawning and crying over her.
He basically just screwed himself twice, and his own innocent children, man I would like to know what was going on in his head, or if something was just missing from there all along.

Reactions: avoid_slow_death
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Watched it on Netflix months ago as well as watching additional social media footage on youtube and further reading about the case.

The social media stuff was absolutely cringe and the MLM stuff was even worse, and from what I saw, I personally think Shanann was a self centered narcassist and a pretty neglectful parent who looked at her children as pawns. Of couse we don't have enough information to tell, but I wouldn't be surprised if she had Munchausen syndrome by proxy, some of her interactions with her daughters that she posted on social media were truly bizarre.

I don't understand why people are so confused as to why Chris killed her, they were up shit creek financially and she seemed insufferable to be around, especially with the camera constantly being out, and it was clear the reason he killed his daughters was because he didnt want to be paying child support payments. Obviously, it's not the answer and he simply should have just left and not looked back if he wanted nothing to do with them. The thing that I can't get my head around is how in the hell he thought he would ever get away with this... I suppose he wasnt thinking, the majority of murders/disappearances are committed by someone(s) who knew the victim in some way, the fact that he thought he wouldn't be the main suspect and somehow thought that he would get away with it is truly disturbing, I would dare say he was a massive narcassist himself and a psychopath to some degree.

I resonate more with the daughters than I do Shanann. People romanticize murder victims, not all of them were great people just because they were killed, I remember there was a woman murdered on Norfolk Island a few years back and by all accounts she was an absolutely horrible person, doesn't excuse her being murdered obviously, but it might explain why she was murdered.

I think the most important thing to take from this is that some people just shouldnt have had kids, these two shouldnt have had kids, plain and simple.

• Love
Reactions: Sherri and avoid_slow_death