Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I spoke to my mum for the first time in a month tonight. She told me about my (older) sister's best friend. She barely alive, waiting for a liver transplant. Hers is functioning at 25% and they won't consider her for a transplant until it's only at 5%. When she said this I swear there was a lightbulb above my head. This woman's got a husband, kids, a life and she's barely alive. What if I were to donate my liver to her upon ctb???? Really. I'm wondering if this would be possible - legally in terms of the donation regulations and physically in terms of my liver after SN. As I write this I realise that I would have to be found the second my heart and brain give out but still, it's a thought. -_-

• Love
Reactions: Jack4230, Soul, foxdie and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Do live organ donation. They will take part of your liver not all of it, and pretty sure you can't donate after suicide.

• Love
Reactions: Soul, Deleted member 18655, _Minsk and 2 others
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
The doctors are sick. They know the less liver function you have the more chance the patient has of getting cancer. Then it can metastasize and they won't do a liver transplant.

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 18655 and _Minsk
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
This is very sweet. I'd do something like this too if I could. I see so many stories of people's unwanted deaths and I would trade places if I could so fast. That would be the ultimate peace knowing you gave your life for another. Unfortunately, I think ethically, there's no doctor that would approve a procedure that would kill one patient to save another. Outside of maybe extreme triage situations? I don't know, it is a nice thought.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 18655
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Well, I had a few minutes of a nice dream. I was imagining a sort of living will in a delayed email, being found at the exactly right time and having "please give my liver to x" as sufficient. The little rush I felt when I thought about this was a nice treat. It's such a shame it wouldn't work.

• Love
Reactions: Soul and foxdie