Y

yakhriv

Jan 2, 2024
What do you think about taking adderall/stimulants before attempting to CTB?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This my personal feeling and experience. Reactions to drugs may differ but when I take such drugs (amphetamines) I have everything else in mind but killing me.

Y

yakhriv

Jan 2, 2024
This my personal feeling and experience. Reactions to drugs may differ but when I take such drugs (amphetamines) I have everything else in mind but killing me.
Don't forget the comedown, I have found myself to be the most capable of suicide after a comedown from amphetamines.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Don't forget the comedown, I have found myself to be the most capable of suicide after a comedown from amphetamines.
I never felt really bad at comedown but as I already said this is different for each person. I talk about my personal experience.

idonothing

idonothing

Dec 13, 2023
Personally when I've taken a bunch of adderall or other stimulants I want to listen to music at absurd volume levels and dance until I fall onto the ground from exhaustion or surf the internet at speeds previously unknown to mankind or talk to as many strangers at a concert as I can, they've only produced euphoria and excitement for me. I would much rather drink alcohol or use some other kind of downer in the case of trying to cultivate the mindset to commit suicide.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
amphetamines like Adderall and Vyvanse make my anxiety skyrocket through the roof.

I think if I took them during my attempt, I'd overwhelm myself and have an anxiety attack or something and do something stupid and impulsive, which goes against how I want the final moments to be.

instead, I'd want to be calm and collective to the best of my ability, not anxious and having thousands of thoughts running through my head.

on the other hand, like you said, the comedown is terrible at times and could certainly serve to give an extra push someone. for me personally, being at peace with my decision also involves not needing encouragement of any kind and going on my own accord. a comedown would make me impulsive.

personally, stimulants could be nice to use during the final few months if you were exploring and traveling the world, enjoying the last bits before you go. but, for me, it would be counterproductive during my attempt.

nonetheless, I hope things work out for you and you find peace.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner, Praestat_Mori and yakhriv
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Crystal would make me feel too much uplifted to ctb. The comedown are mostly annoying physical symptoms

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I don't think it's a good idea. Stimulants are mood lifters, which is why Adderall is believed to be a good off-label medication for depression. It will make you think more rationally, which is the opposite of what you're going for. Alcohol is probably a better bet,