L

Lost1804

Student
Jun 26, 2019
There's been a few posts on amitriptyline lately.
Please please read up and follow the guidelines.. My daughter died a horrible death on a big od of amitriptyline and some mirtazapine.
She'd eaten nothing, and actually died in less than 12 hours. But it was horrible. We saw the state of her room, it was not planned as per PPH, so no antiemetics. She'd thrown up all over the place, and she died sitting up in bed. That shattered my heart completely. I wish it had been peaceful if she had to do it.
For god sake read up before you do anything. Nobody wants to go like that!!!!!
It needs planned properly.

Another tip I picked up is you can stir the ground down tablets into a LITTLE drop of honey or jam etc to help with the bitter taste.
Xxx

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: chundryshire, Kamiotesoro, Mm80 and 8 others
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I'm sorry you carry that with you. I don't let myself think about the people who I leave behind will carry. I can't let it in or it makes me feel. And I can't have that. :nomouth:

• Aww..
Reactions: Lost1804
L

Lost1804

Student
Jun 26, 2019
I'm sorry you carry that with you. I don't let myself think about the people who I leave behind will carry. I can't let it in or it makes me feel. And I can't have that. :nomouth:
Completely understand.
My main concern is for anyone considering this method. I wouldn't like to think of anyone else going through a death like my daughter did when it can be avoided, if it's done properly.

• Love
Reactions: Thatsthelot, GoodPersonEffed and Deleted member 18655
stationarymillennial

stationarymillennial

Aug 4, 2020
There's been a few posts on amitriptyline lately.
Please please read up and follow the guidelines.. My daughter died a horrible death on a big od of amitriptyline and some mirtazapine.
She'd eaten nothing, and actually died in less than 12 hours. But it was horrible. We saw the state of her room, it was not planned as per PPH, so no antiemetics. She'd thrown up all over the place, and she died sitting up in bed. That shattered my heart completely. I wish it had been peaceful if she had to do it.
For god sake read up before you do anything. Nobody wants to go like that!!!!!
It needs planned properly.

Another tip I picked up is you can stir the ground down tablets into a LITTLE drop of honey or jam etc to help with the bitter taste.
Xxx

I am very sorry to hear about your daughter. I noticed you mention she took mirtazapine. I take that too, and I don't know if this helps at all, but it is a very calming drug. It's not a benzo, but I opine that it would have quelled her anxiety and suffering at least some. Bleh, that's probably not helpful. I hate to hear that your heart was shattered because I can only imagine how it was. I'm sending you a big giant virtual hug.

• Love
Reactions: Mm80 and Lost1804
RedDEE

RedDEE

Life sucks and then you die.
May 10, 2019
God bless your poor daughter. You don't know - maybe she didn't feel any pain. She was sitting up, but maybe unconsciously. Trust in the lord, I believe in merciful death. If I was god, I wouldn't let your daughter or anybody have a scary/painful death. I believe in mercy.

• Love
Reactions: RedOdette and Lost1804
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I'm so sorry about your daughter. I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but there's a good chance that she was unconscious during all of this, many people who failed with this method report that they don't remember a thing about their attempt.

This is a really important warning you are giving, specially with this method. It needs a lot of preparation and very specific dosages for it to be peaceful. Definitely not a method for most people.

• Love
Reactions: Lost1804 and GoodPersonEffed
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
She'd thrown up all over the place, and she died sitting up in bed. That shattered my heart completely. I wish it had been peaceful if she had to do it.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I admire your acceptance that she did what she felt she had to do. When you say the state of her room, do you mean it showed aside from the vomit she had been thrashing around a while? Or just the vomit? Thanks, I just ask to get some knowledge for my own determination of what to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost1804
L

Lost1804

Student
Jun 26, 2019
I'm so sorry for your loss. I admire your acceptance that she did what she felt she had to do. When you say the state of her room, do you mean it showed aside from the vomit she had been thrashing around a while? Or just the vomit? Thanks, I just ask to get some knowledge for my own determination of what to do.
Yes, things were knocked over, even a small table. We've been thinking that she may have tried to or had managed to get up, but with the amount she'd taken I don't think she'd have been able to walk. Obviously, we try not to think about the possibility she'd tried to get help, but we've been told even if anyone could have got to her they wouldn't have been able to do anything. We know she took about 8g amitriptyline, plus 600-700 mg mirtazapine...
If she'd gone to sleep and died peacefully, it would have been far better for her. I wish...
On another note, if she'd told me she was going to do it, I'd have gone with her.

• Hugs
Reactions: NoMoreMorbidity, Fragile and Meditation guide