NormaJeane

NormaJeane

Mar 24, 2021
The area I live in is very denseley populated and the recent years too many houses have been built here so there are long queues for everything - there are queues in shops, at the doctor and at the dentist. There are too many people here and it seems like the more people the more loneliness.

I live in an apartment. It has not been possible to get to know any neighbor here, most of them say nothing and some of them who used to say something to me have moved from here. But I have had a neighbor who lived on the same floor as me and he was always nice to me when I met him in the stairwell. I believe that he lived alone. He showed me respect and he always said something nice when we met. In recent years he was disabled and went with chrutches.

One evening the summer of 2020 when I went out from my apartment with the garbage my neighbor had his apartment door open, he sat on a chair in the doorway and looked sick. A rotten smell came from his apartment. We said hello to each other but I really wanted to ask him how he was doing. However, I did not want to interfere so I said nothing more.

A few weeks later I heard noise in the stairwell for more than an hour - ambulance staff tried to break up his door. I believe that my neighbor fell in his apartment and could not step up. I do not know what happened next but it seemed like my neighbor did not have to go to the hospital. However, since then I have not seen him. Today his apartment was emtied by a moving company. My nice neighbor is gone, maybe he is dead.

There are many people who are lying dead in their homes for years because they are alone without relatives and friends and their neighbors suspect nothing because people do not know each other, people do not talk to each other and people do not want to interfere. Have you thought about your neighbors, neighbors who are alone?

I want to be the next person who die in this house, but I would prefer to take a taxi to a forest and die there instead. I do not want to lie dead in an apartment and rot indoors - it is not natural. But if I go to a forest and someone sees me when I am trying to kill myself they will stop me and that is the problem. I believe that the home (or a hotel) is the best place for someone who lives alone, no one can stop me and I will have time to prepare for death.

Grannar

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: lifeisbutadream, LifeQuitter2018, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 4 others
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
Sounds like he passed away. It's a pity people don't talk to each other anymore, everyones just itching to stare at their phone.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream and filthyrottendirty
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
A few weeks later I heard noise in the stairwell for more than an hour - ambulance staff tried to break up his door.
@Bootleg Astolfo I guess you aren't alone in that department!

Reactions: Bootleg Astolfo
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think something like that will happen to me, not being found for a long a time, if my dad happens to passes away before me.
He's the only one who calls me everyday to see how I'm doing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I would love to ctb in nature rather than in a building, and not be found that way. I would choose somewhere isolated so I wouldn't be stopped. It is the closest thing to disappearing off of this earth.

I have heard many stories about people who lied dead in apartments, I don't think they were all suicides but it just shows how many isolated people there are.

Reactions: NormaJeane
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
This could possibly be me, even without living alone.
It's likely that if I ctb at home, I may rot for some time before anyone decides to open the door.
If I had my own place, I'm sure that period of time would be even longer.
I avoid my neighbors here, and would anywhere as I don't like people pushing their way into my business, I prefer privacy, though I suppose there is a cost to everything.

Reactions: NormaJeane and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
That's why people who live alone and might not be found for a while should send a delayed email. That's what I will be doing with a basic gmail account.