Aurora.

Aurora.

It looks peaceful up there.
Aug 1, 2020
what were your dreams before you decided to ctb?
what did you consider a 'perfect life'?
what was your ideal fairytale ending?

• Love
Reactions: lotus11, almost_dead, leiche and 2 others
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i wanted to become an artist or a writer. i thought a perfect life would be me and my girlfriend (if i ever found one) living near the beach with a cat or two.

i've never really been fond of growing old, so that's never been a part of my dream. i guess i always wanted to be famous, though, and donate to charity. i mean, i can still do that, of course, but i don't have nearly enough money to.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: diyCTB, almost_dead, SN?0RN0t and 4 others
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
To be a doctor at one point. Even when others made fun of me of having that idea. :/

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sufferingalways, diyCTB, almost_dead and 4 others
D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
my dream is having basic income without having to work. then i wld help humans with investing my time in scientific research, i wld focus in technologies allowing us to travel and live on other planets, one of my fantasies is to ctb in a far away galaxy

• Hugs
Reactions: diyCTB, SN?0RN0t, leiche and 2 others
A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Aug 5, 2020
Would've like to make that 90's inspired RPG. And it would be an acclaimed title that people love and enjoy and touched other people. Of course that scenario would only work if I had the talent, the energy, the drive, the knowhow, and an incredible amount of luck. And people who I know would support me and my ideas. Don't have any of those. Even without that all I would ask for is a life where I can live comfortably without having to work. Nothing fancy, just a modest life with enough food, entertainment, and friends to keep me happy. I would've liked to be able to start dressing how I wanted without the fear of being murdered. Rediculous to think that even a modest life is unrealistic.

• Hugs
Reactions: diyCTB, SN?0RN0t, leiche and 2 others
Pupuce

Pupuce

Nobody exists on purpose. Come ctb
Apr 19, 2019
Have someone I feel like I can trust.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, almost_dead, SN?0RN0t and 6 others
harkovv

harkovv

Everybody's different. Everybody's special. TCS.
Jul 14, 2020
to be an offical translator, move out to Norway/Denmark and live a peaceful life with my soulmate. i dropped out from uni and i have never met love of my life so yeah, i won't achieve my perfect life

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sinai Silence, almost_dead, SN?0RN0t and 5 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I wanted to be an animator/cartoonist of some kind. I even went to study it for about a year and a half in college. It turned out to be a huge waste for me because the industry is hyper competitive and I can't draw for shit. All of the faith people placed in my drawings were just because they wanted to be supportive but it led me to think I was much better than I actually was. That and I have such a hard time keeping up with deadlines and stuff which an animator would need to be able to regularly meet. I also was very different ideologically from my peers in the animation major. So many of them were really into like tattoos and piercings which...I wasn't. I don't mind other people having them but personally I just get a little uncomfortable thinking about them. Animation like many industries requires being able to network and blend into communities which I just wasn't able to do. I think in the end I only liked to draw as an escape from school. It seems I only draw when I'm bored in other classes or listening to some boring lecture. I dropped out of that degree and never looked back knowing that I'm just not fit for the one thing I've always wanted to do.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: overcomingfear, XYZ, SN?0RN0t and 5 others
D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
I wanted to be an animator/cartoonist of some kind. I even went to study it for about a year and a half in college. It turned out to be a huge waste for me because the industry is hyper competitive and I can't draw for shit. All of the faith people placed in my drawings were just because they wanted to be supportive but it led me to think I was much better than I actually was. That and I have such a hard time keeping up with deadlines and stuff which an animator would need to be able to regularly meet. I also was very different ideologically from my peers in the animation major. So many of them were really into like tattoos and piercings which...I wasn't. I don't mind other people having them but personally I just get a little uncomfortable thinking about them. Animation like many industries requires being able to network and blend into communities which I just wasn't able to do. I think in the end I only liked to draw as an escape from school. It seems I only draw when I'm bored in other classes or listening to some boring lecture. I dropped out of that degree and never looked back knowing that I'm just not fit for the one thing I've always wanted to do.
the other problem after finding a solution to the networking problem wld be a very low price or income, but if you allow me when u feel the need to draw do it, may be the real world is not made for us idk

Reactions: overcomingfear, leiche, Aurora. and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
the other problem after finding a solution to the networking problem wld be a very low price or income, but if you allow me when u feel the need to draw do it, may be the real world is not made for us idk
Yeah. Another barrier for getting into drawing is needing an education in things that wouldn't seem super important but actually are such as anatomy and physics. That and the tools to digitally draw are expensive too. :(

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: leiche, Deleted member 17331, Aurora. and 1 other person
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Getting into something gaming related in the industry and then end up living in Japan

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: almost_dead, leiche, Aurora. and 1 other person
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
Becoming a music producer in the underground music scene

Start over in a big city far away and establish roots

Travel, travel, travel to places away and exotic

Fix my mfkn finances and work hella hard on my debts

Full tattoo sleeves

Adopt another animal

Cook more, eat out less

Speak a language I know much better

Get my hair out the awkward phase

Not give a fuck about how anyone thought about how I live and who I love

Married

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: XYZ, almost_dead, leiche and 5 others
CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
I always felt like I was born to be a mother. I am currently a teacher, and helping these kids learn and grow is wonderful. Unfortunately the management at my job and other factors keep the job from being a positive experience, but that part I still like.

Reactions: leiche, Lorntroubles and Aurora.
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
I've always wanted to be a game developer.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: almost_dead, leiche, Aurora. and 2 others
waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
what were your dreams before you decided to ctb?
what did you consider a 'perfect life'?
what was your ideal fairytale ending?

My perfect life would be that I run my own hedge fund in which the equity is invested in growth stocks/ETFs and I sell/write options on those stocks for cash income which I would then distribute a certain percentage every month as dividends to the owners of the hedge fund which would be my immediate family and I, me being the majority shareholder in the company since I run it.

Eventually I get rich enough that I start getting into venture capital, investing into companies that I think have a great innovating product/service that can help society solve some specific problem.

I find a special girl who likes traveling the world with me while I run my hedge fund, I take her out on cute dates (shopping, picnics, beaches, flower gardens, cooking her dinner, etc), she's care free like me, she's trustworthy and dependent, she doesn't care about what other people think of our relationship/what other people think of her (the less social media the better, the less she cares about societies expectations and the more she follows her own heart the better), all she cares about is living life to it's fullest with a man who loves her. We have great sexual and romantic chemistry, great sex, the works.

We get married at some point down the road and she becomes involved with my hedge fund in some fashion or another and we work as teammates for the rest of our lives traveling the world, enjoying life, while trying to grow the fund large and larger perhaps even getting into starting a charity at some point for some cause we care about.

Oh yeah also before any of this happened I wouldn't have experienced the years of isolation,depression, loneliness, etc that I did and I wouldn't have mental health problems like I do.

This to me would be a 'perfect' life. Very unrealistic, but perfect yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: leiche, Jojo81, Lorntroubles and 1 other person
Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
I've wanted to CTB for as long as I can remember, but there was a time when I had hopes for the future regardless.

My ideal life was to finish med school, go into psychiatry.
Get a condo in the downtown of the major city in my area, right by the water and/or buy my grandparents' old house.
Fall in love and get married to the perfect guy; not overly sexual, doesn't want kids, respectful, ambitious, attractive, successful.
Adopt a dog together, and maybe a couple of snakes.
Travel. to Japan and Finland especially.
Go skydiving.
Become healthy, slim, fit, mentally sound.
Tattoos, more piercings.

• Love
Reactions: almost_dead, leiche, Lorntroubles and 2 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I had no ambition whatsoever. All projections from my parents, my relatives, and some teachers that considered me "a brilliant child". In fact I think I became aware of my true desires after I started thinking about suicide, and how they seemed so unreachable.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Skathon, almost_dead and leiche
UnsureWhatToDo

UnsureWhatToDo

Feb 29, 2020
I wanted to live alone, no spouses or children, so I could focus all my energy onto my passions, maybe I'd live with a cute pet or something. I was very conflicted on what I wanted to do as a job, but I had big passion for all of them. I loved visual art, fantasy, animation, video games and music. I also loved philosophy, but I have no idea how I would've made my passion for that into a job.

Funnily enough, it was my anxiety of maintaing the social aspects of these jobs that contributed to me to wanting to ctb.

• Wow
Reactions: almost_dead and leiche
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I was going to get a PhD, but only for the sake of getting it (and for the writing and research), not because I wanted to work in academia. Meh...

• Love
P

ptsdgoblin

Aug 17, 2020
Have my own house that's truly mine, that nobody could interfere with or take away from me. Absolutely spoil my cats, have some really nice things (like pc, some clothes, furniture etc) but mostly life sustainably.

It feels like both a small dream and a huge impossible dream at the same time.

• Love
catsarecool

catsarecool

Remember me for me, I need to set my spirit free
Jul 2, 2020
I've always been pretty miserable so I think for me the biggest dream was to be happy. I wanted to graduate from my school and find a job I enjoy, find someone I loved and who loved me and that we could just live together peacefully and have a few cats. To keep getting better at art and maybe be recognized somewhat for it.

Reactions: leiche
leiche

leiche

i need a cigarette
Aug 19, 2020
i wanted to become a world known writer/musician, simply wanted to have a support of a big mass of people and its attention. my first and i guess the last book is almost ready, after that being done i can pass out with no worries.... but maybe i should translate it to english idk

also my dream was to live in japan and make my own manga. i would be really happy doing that

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: VIBRITANNIA, XYZ, almost_dead and 2 others
SN?0RN0t

SN?0RN0t

Tried to die in hurricane laura Even that failed
Aug 25, 2020
Now this...this is EXACTLY what happend to ME. Ii had this whole pitch. I took the classes. Then bam corona hit. I realizedbat what a disadvantage i was at compared to ALL THE OTHER STUDENTS who had the cintiques and was able to Pay for the programs we were using. Even in highschool they acknowledge my potential but pointed out my disadvantages and how im not likely to make it. My art ability didnt match to my works. Others hyped me UP thinking it will HELP wen in reality all it did was think i am better than i was and lead me on a dream that was childish and unrealistic. So thank u for putting this into words i never could

• Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, almost_dead and freefrommybody
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
Wasn't really an ambition... but the direction I thought my life was going toward was growing old with someone, watching our kids marry and give us grandkids, travel...

Not me sitting alone taking care of my dying mom and waiting to die myself. Life is funny that way.

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: taylor321, Élégie, almost_dead and 1 other person
SN?0RN0t

SN?0RN0t

Tried to die in hurricane laura Even that failed
Aug 25, 2020
Wasn't really an ambition... but the direction I thought my life was going toward was growing old with someone, watching our kids marry and give us grandkids, travel...

Not me sitting alone taking care of my dying mom and waiting to die myself. Life is funny that way.
I see..im sorry thats terrible. Can't you still do that though? Meet someone still even through all this hardships

• Love
Reactions: taylor321 and almost_dead
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
Nah. I don't have the desire to do that. I've made peace with where my life is now. Just waiting for my happy ending. ;)

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
My dream was and still kinda is to become a video game designer and create a really popular video game that everyone loves.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Now this...this is EXACTLY what happend to ME. Ii had this whole pitch. I took the classes. Then bam corona hit. I realizedbat what a disadvantage i was at compared to ALL THE OTHER STUDENTS who had the cintiques and was able to Pay for the programs we were using. Even in highschool they acknowledge my potential but pointed out my disadvantages and how im not likely to make it. My art ability didnt match to my works. Others hyped me UP thinking it will HELP wen in reality all it did was think i am better than i was and lead me on a dream that was childish and unrealistic. So thank u for putting this into words i never could
You're very welcome. I'm glad someone could relate to my experience. :hug:

Ironically only my dad was ever not fully supportive of my drawing. He said it was a waste of time. If only I had listened to him. If only he wasn't such an asshat that I would have been open to listening to him.

Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
To be covered head to toe in tattoos and to set up a scuba diving training center somewhere nice and sunny.

Reactions: VIBRITANNIA