• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Which of these AM radio shows do you listen to on a regular basis?

• Viewpoints

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

“May it please you.” — Ben Pollack
Jun 19, 2023
How many AM radio programs do you listen to? I'm a frequent listener of "Red Eye Radio", and "America in the Morning", from Westwood One. (There's a funny "Red Eye Radio" moment about the last day of high school, which has been parodied on amiright.com.) Also "Coast to Coast AM" with George Noory, and "Viewpoints" with Gary Price.

I also, very briefly, heard Jim Bohannon during his final few weeks as a talk show host. He passed away four weeks after his final show aired on 10/14/2022.

TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
I love listening to old Coast to Coast AM shows from the 90s and 2000s. I listened to a couple more recent shows with other hosts after Art Bell left, and I didn't find them particularly entertaining. I like Art talking about Area 51, shadow people, possessions, etc., but the newer shows apparently chose to go down the road of political conspiracy theory nonsense in the vein of Alex Jones. Not my thing.

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
I listen to AM radio quite often because I have more time to focus on it than others. I prefer this to podcasts because of the live aspect of radio.

Most people never listen to the entirety of "America in the Morning" (Westwood One) because they are too busy getting prepared for the day to think otherwise. Often I listen to the entire show and its weekend counterpart, "America This Week".

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
This past Friday, Red Eye Radio started off with the disclaimer that it was "our LAST Red Eye Radio...before we start vacationing!"

Actually I think that the show's co-host, Eric Harley, is going to leave (or get kicked off) the show this summer. I remember hearing he would retire from the show this year, and he got sick twice in the past few months. So I believe that Eric Harley is either going to leave or get fired from the show in the next few months.

Also, since Red Eye Radio airs in a "graveyard" time slot, and since the show is likely produced with little money, this will most likely be an attempt by Westwood One to rebrand the show.

The real question is, is this actually confirmed to be happening, or are these just one of my trademark proxy assumptions?

You might want to start thinking about that.

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
Eric Harley is still with Red Eye Radio after all. No word on whether or not he will get sick again for the fourth or fifth time this year next week.

Jeff McKay took over for John Trout on "America in the Morning" last week.

Aside from that, nothing else notable in the AM radio world.

12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

Jun 19, 2023
Oh joy, guess which radio show hosts took off last week entirely?

Gary McNamara and Eric Harley (Red Eye Radio)
John Trout (America in the Morning)