catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
My worst fear is that I'll die alone, never have a family or find anyone or anything that's worth fighting for in my life. Am I wrong to feel this way? I don't have an overly negative view of human nature, but I feel like I'm alone in the midst of throngs of people who are already preoccupied with other people, and there is nowhere for me to fit into this sad, beautiful tapestry of human life. And as a solitary soul, I have no-one to turn to, nowhere to hang my hat, so to speak.I have several good friends, but the female variety in my life already have others they're occupied with. It doesn't matter how healthy or unhealthy their relationships are, I have merely a peripheral role in their lives - or, if more than peripheral, no hope to expand past where I am, and any advances on my part would be inappropriate. Story is stagnant at this point. But every day that passes, it feels like I'm moving further away from any hope for the things that are missing from my life, and their absence is dragging the rest of my life into an abyss. I miss being in love, not knowing what the future may hold, but feeling like it will be an adventure to find out. I'm not sure how to get that back. Maybe I'm naiive. I don't think I am. Maybe I'm just depressed. I don't think that's it, either. I just don't know how to meet new people - how does that happen? How did I even meet the people in my life now? It's a mystery to me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: MrBlue, Wrennie, NodusTollens and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You're not wrong. Loneliness hurts a lot.

For instance, I have no friends, gf, and family left. My dad and dog are the only ones for me.

However, I've accepted that this is my fate: to die alone.

Some people have a social life, children, a good job, a big house, a fancy car, etc. I've had some of that stuff but that never "filled" my empty heart.
It hurts and I have no choice but to embrace this loneliness.

Hope you can feel better soon.

Hugs and love,

Matt

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Mentalmick, NodusTollens and Thanatonaut
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
You're not wrong. Loneliness hurts a lot.

For instance, I have no friends, gf, and family left. My dad and dog are the only ones for me.

However, I've accepted that this is my fate: to die alone.

Some people have a social life, children, a good job, a big house, a fancy car, etc. I've had some of that stuff but that never "filled" my heart.
It hurts and I have no choice but to embrace this loneliness.

Hope you can feel better soon.

Hugs and love,

Matt
I don't really like making statements about the future as I haven't been there yet. So claiming that I'm meant to die alone or whatever else seems premature. At the same time, I'm just not sure how to find my way out of this dark maze I'm stuck in.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I don't really like making statements about the future as I haven't been there yet. So claiming that I'm meant to die alone or whatever else seems premature. At the same time, I'm just not sure how to find my way out of this dark maze I'm stuck in.

Well, the future is not written. You can always seek professional help. (It's not working for me).

Also, if you really do your best, some people will appear and you won't end up alone.

I don't have the strength to try to be social again but you might be able to.

Wish you the best and hope you can leave that dark maze!

Reactions: NodusTollens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
You're not alone in feeling like this. HUGS. Everything, basically tells us that we should be paired up to be happy. So it's understandable that this is something you're thinking about.

I, myself, have not been in love since 2015 & haven't attempted to date since 2017. So I understand the fear of dying alone, & even more so now as people talk about the importance of family & togetherness during COVID. SIGH. You're not alone.