• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DeathBySuicide

DeathBySuicide

Nov 30, 2020
No one understands depression besides people who have it. Period. Guess what just happened an hour ago? Someone compared my depression to when his dad ripped apart a book that he borrowed from a friend. That isn't even close to what being suicidal and depressed feels like. And sometimes, not even all depressed people understand me. No one besides people with depression as serious as mine understands what I feel like. Sometimes it's just so frustrating, having people say, "Oh, you know, you shouldn't complain about your life. You have it easy. You're just being dramatic." I absolutely hate it when people say that. It's the worst thing in the world. Gosh, I just hate depression so much. Not to mention all those people who pretend they understand you when they clearly don't. Just stop pretending that you understand exactly what I'm going through when you don't. It hurts. A lot.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
No one understands depression besides people who have it. Period.

No one besides people with depression as serious as mine understands what I feel like.
There is a fundamental, semantic problem with the word "depression": It means one thing to "ordinary people" and something absolutely different to people like us.

Two completely different words should be used for the two different things.
it's just so frustrating, having people say, "Oh, you know, you shouldn't complain about your life. You have it easy. You're just being dramatic."
Yes, and that's exactly like telling a diabetic... oh you don't really have a blood-sugar problem... that's all in your head... JUST THINK POSITIVE!

futureme

futureme

Mar 19, 2023
No one understands depression besides people who have it. Period. Guess what just happened an hour ago? Someone compared my depression to when his dad ripped apart a book that he borrowed from a friend. That isn't even close to what being suicidal and depressed feels like. And sometimes, not even all depressed people understand me. No one besides people with depression as serious as mine understands what I feel like. Sometimes it's just so frustrating, having people say, "Oh, you know, you shouldn't complain about your life. You have it easy. You're just being dramatic." I absolutely hate it when people say that. It's the worst thing in the world. Gosh, I just hate depression so much. Not to mention all those people who pretend they understand you when they clearly don't. Just stop pretending that you understand exactly what I'm going through when you don't. It hurts. A lot.
and it doesnt help for me being born in a family that has money and me being born somewhat attractive ...for me no one that knows me would accept that i have severe debilitating depression even if god told them..im the only one who is going through it in my family since my other sibling was the golden child...so to others i just appear like the most fucking useless pathetic miserable cursed person because how could i have such golden opportunity and end up so miserable...i honestly beleive this world was so focused intently on making sure that i feel the worst kind of pain and emotion and thoughts..i beleive im cursed thats the only thing i can see right now

• Hugs
Reactions: February
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
You aren't the only one. I get this feeling every day.

February

February

A man with a wounded heart & a broken dream
Oct 1, 2023
I feel like I'm misunderstood all the time by my family and by others in my own life. I feel like a bird stuck In many cages layered one after another with each one affecting how people around me perceive and understand what I am saying and the experiences I am going through. Unfortunately, I do think that there are some things in life that can't be properly or completely understood until you've experienced it yourself. The worst part of it is, it's not only your own cages that you dealing with, but with other peoples as well and it can just leave you feeling frustrated and defeated when trying to be helped, understood, and accepted by others especially if you can't seem to break through them both.