D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I opened up about my suicidality to a friend and they said that suicides go to hell and burn there for eternity. I dont believe in all that stuff but nevertheless im scared shitless.

• Hugs
Reactions: Eternal Sleep!, Forever Sleep and MeltingBrain
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
No one knows for sure. Ask him for proof not belief.

Reactions: Eternal Sleep!, Minsu, jar-baby and 1 other person
wastingtime

wastingtime

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ
Aug 21, 2023
same here. i dont even believe in religion but the idea of going somewhere worse than here is always terrifying.

though at the same time if hell and heaven is real then we're all going to hell no matter how we die no? sex and drugs and alcohol are all other reasons to burn too but suicide is what guarantees a permanent time there? and why am i burning in the same hell as actual bad people like r*pists or dictators or hitler himself just because im female and want to enjoy life? there's just too many nuances to think about

Reactions: vampire2002 and TheDog_
didntmeantohauntyou

didntmeantohauntyou

Sorry4dying
Aug 23, 2023
No where in the scripture does it say people who ctb go to hell. That being said No one can know for sure. The main argument is that you're taking your own fate into your hands which they dont like, which i guess gives you a bit to ponder about. Ill say if you do CTB and God sends you to hell you better make them beg for your forgiveness.

• Informative
Reactions: Eternal Sleep! and wastingtime
M

mind3de

Jun 28, 2022
I don't think there's an eternal hell. Why should there? Why should you be punished forever? If God exists, he knows why you CTB.
According to the Bible there is no eternal hell as far as I know.

• Love
Reactions: Eternal Sleep!, drmihilo, tpboy and 1 other person
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
No where in the scripture does it say people who ctb go to hell. That being said No one can know for sure. The main argument is that you're taking your own fate into your hands which they dont like, which i guess gives you a bit to ponder about. Ill say if you do CTB and God sends you to hell you better make them beg for your forgiveness.
yeah it doesnt make a lot of sense. If god is all knowing he knows of our suffering

U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
you might as well not believe it. I believe it and it's only made my life worse. Yes a loving god who sends people who don't accept as their lord and savior to hell. What a "loving" god. To send people to eternal damnation in a place that feels, smells, and is infinitely worse than the worst thing in reality. And if you do accept him as your lord and savior you are sent to eternal heaven where it's paradise when in reality you don't even want to exist at all.

Just do yourself a favor and don't believe in any of it. It WILL drive you crazy. That is a verifiable fact.

And think of it this way: even if you do kill yourself and end up hell god has such ridiculous standards that you were going to end up there for eternity any way. So what is the point?

What we do know is that when you die you cease to experience things on earth. And that's all that matters.

• Informative
Reactions: Eternal Sleep!
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I opened up about my suicidality to a friend and they said that suicides go to hell and burn there for eternity. I dont believe in all that stuff but nevertheless im scared shitless.
They Found Hell(2015)might be what he means--but that's just a movie, and your friend is talking out of his ass

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
You can call me crazy all you want but God told me He can't send people to hell because that would make him evil.

R

RatMaster250

Jun 6, 2023
Think about what life was like before you are born. It was nothing. It was not bad yet not good. It was peaceful. That is what you will be like after you die, If there was no life before then there is no life afterwards.

Reactions: Eternal Sleep!, drmihilo, jar-baby and 1 other person
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Think about what life was like before you are born. It was nothing. It was not bad yet not good. It was peaceful. That is what you will be like after you die, If there was no life before then there is no life afterwards.
haha its hard to think of it that way

R

RW__Asher23

Global Mod
Dec 11, 2022
God does not punish those who are sick suffering in pain and dieing ctb is a result of these and more so in my faith we believe you have been sick suffering in pain and will find Peace after you have tried everything else. See some shrink give it a try and meds or something. Then if still sick. ctb. Don't feel you done wrong you didn't. But again that is how my Faith deals with it. But if it is because you ctb my g/f -b/f broke up with me or you want to or think you are going to teach someone a lesson or make them miserable for rest of their life because you ctb because of them.....then you better pray there is no HELL. Because that is not acceptable for ctb alone. From our bible. Peace.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
We're just walking, talking tissue and bone. As such we can expect cognition to end after cardiac arrest and brain death.

Reactions: wastingtime
W

WantsToJumpAlready

Jul 17, 2023
I'm Lutheran - went to a Christian college.

The answer is no, that whole idea is rooted in Catholic ideology - specifically pro-life ideology actually. I'm sure St. Aquanis (father of Catholicism) wasn't a fan of suicide, and while he was the one who started the whole "sanctity of life" thing that influenced today's pro-lifers, he also talked about how a life of pain, trauma, and suffering actually goes against "sanctity of life".

There's nothing in the Bible that specifically says you will burn in Hell - (though I wouldn't have not burning in hell be the reason for following through with CBT because there's no definitive proof either way at the end of the day)

However, Jesus fought for the sick, the weak, the outcasts, the most vulnerable, and the people who suffered the most. Suicidal people are within these groups of people and sending people who CBT to Hell goes against everything Jesus was about.

ChantDuCygne

ChantDuCygne

Aug 23, 2023
My father believed in God and still caught the bus. I believe in God too. I just don't care about hell. I'm too tired to think about heaven and hell.

Harrow

Harrow

Aug 20, 2023
I don't think a loving God would send people to hell with actual horrible people just for that. Also a weird thing for your friend to say, I hope they offered you more support than just that.

Monique696

Monique696

Aug 31, 2021
Matt Fraser has talked to a handful of people who ended their lives. He is on YouTube and does readings daily. We ate met with love and understanding and healing but he sais that many say there had been other ways to deal with it but they were unable to see during those times.
As far as I know we are met with nothing but love and understanding and many come after battling years of sickness back during a reading and are happy again and back to their own old non broken self. It gives me comfort to know that the best version of myself is not completely lost due to my disability. So far that's what I found out. Still trying to make it work for my family. Yet it is hard. One day tho being happy again and healthy again and feeling "normal" will be such a relief
I hope this helped you a bit. You are not alone and I hope your suffering is not too intense.

Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
Most likely no.
I completely agree with this post:

"A human is just cells . 30 trillion eukaryotic cells . there are 30 trillion bacteria and other microorganisms inside and on a human

Most cells in all animals are identical . The nerve or brain cells neurons in a fish are identical to those in a human

I don't believe in God , afterlife reincarnation , soul , magic , nothing.

A human is just an animal a machine"

Reactions: Eternal Sleep! and drmihilo
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Why do people assume they've done enough to get into heaven even if they don't kill themselves? How many people live truly good and honest lives? Is it because- when they sin, they have enough time to feel sorry about it? What if they keep repeating the same sins though?!! I just find the whole thing weird. Like- God will forgive certain things but not others.

Nah- think like Freddie Mercury- he famously said he'd much rather go to hell. Think of all the interesting peoole that will be there! Heaven has got to be dull after a while.

Plus- why would I want to go and live in another world created by the same God that designed this one? Do you think they did a fairer job in heaven?

I reckon I'd just end up in an argument with God- however I die. I'm already angry with him/her/it and I'm sure God finds me a huge disappointment in return. Chances are- I'm going to hell whatever I do. God doesn't like people questioning them- supposedly that's why Lucifer got cast out of heaven. Nah- if there is a God, I'm sure I'm screwed already- however I die.

W

withouthope

Jun 25, 2023
No, you will not burn in hell. There is no place called hell. Both heaven and hell are states of consciousness and for most of us on this site we are already in hell. You will be met in the spirit world with love and compassion and assistance just like any soul that transitions. You will, however, have to come back under similar circumstances to learn the lessons you did not learn this time. So, it's not a way out but will give temporary reprieve.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Eternal Sleep!, drmihilo and Monique696
Monique696

Monique696

Aug 31, 2021
No, you will not burn in hell. There is no place called hell. Both heaven and hell are states of consciousness and for most of us on this site we are already in hell. You will be met in the spirit world with love and compassion and assistance just like any soul that transitions. You will, however, have to come back under similar circumstances to learn the lessons you did not learn this time. So, it's not a way out but will give temporary reprieve.
What if you learned what was to be learned and experienced what you had to got your growth? What if all was over when you were a young adult and now you would just be dragging on for decades with no new lessons ? How would you ever know that you are done?

H

HappyForever?

Love from the deepest dream
Feb 14, 2021
I'd say probably not. There might be no afterlife. Even if afterlife exists, it might not be divided into heaven and hell. Even if it is divided into heaven and hell, the beings in charge of deciding where you should go might have a different set of standards for morality than us. Even if they have the same morality standards, they might see your suicide as understandable.

However, if you fail a suicide attempt, there is a chance that you will be living in hell.

N

nom de guerre

Aug 22, 2023
Opening up to someone about your suicidality and having them tell you you gon burn in hell for eternity? What kind of "friend" is that?

Idk about you, but that doesn't sound like a very empathetic friend to me. If they cant comfort you and provide a listening ear, least they could do is stfu

Maybe ask them which version of hell, from which religion. Ask them if theyve been there for a visit since they know so much about it.

If it were me, I'd tell em I'm already in hell anyways and the world is burning as it is. Hell is a place on earth

Death_or_Coffee

Death_or_Coffee

Far better rest I go to than I have ever known.
Aug 24, 2023
Truth is, nobody knows even though so many people have something to say about what the afterlife is. I came from a Christian background and had to fight with myself for a long time to drive this idea out of my head. If you're at a point where life is unlivable, then who cares what the afterlife is like? Guess it's time to find out. And if some god or whatever drove you to the point where life is unlivable and then punishes you for ending that situation, then fuck him I guess? I dunno. Not trying to be disrespectful to anyone.

But I ended up deciding I would choose what I thought the afterlife was like. Maybe it's nothingness? That'd be nice. Maybe this was a simulation and you'll wake up in a different reality and all of this will have been for research or something, which would be terrible but still interesting to think about. Maybe you get reincarnated and you'll be able to take some of the good things you learned and apply it to your next life. I sometimes think maybe I've done what I was here to do and "god" has been telling me it's time to go, and there's still some form of heaven waiting for me.

In any case, if you are seriously in a place where you basically have no other choice, I don't think you need to worry about hell. That would be such a nonsensical/unfair outcome that it can't be right.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The only hell is this hellish, replusive world, I very strongly believe death to be permanent relief and freedom from all suffering, death is nothing more than a dreamless, eternal sleep where one is completely unaware.

Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
Hell does not exist