A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I could jump, shoot myself, step in front of a train, stab my abdomen, get bit by a venomous snake, crash my motorcycle against a wall. I've done shitty things and I want to die but I don't really feel I deserve for the last thing I feel to be excruciating pain. Does that make me a wuss?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: shush, GoneGoneGone, Living_Hurts_so_Much and 7 others
M

meerpasta

Jan 29, 2020
No you're not. Dying might be painful most of the times it happens to people, but that doesn't mean you deserve to suffer or deserve an exit any less if you don't want to suffer. It's perfectly reasonable to have a hard time dealing with the stress and fear of a painful suicide because we're wired to have strong survival instincts, and it's not your fault for having one because you didn't choose it. You're completely normal for feeling this way.

• Love
Reactions: Living_Hurts_so_Much, the-eternal, torimandy and 1 other person
torimandy

torimandy

Fear is the mind killer
Aug 3, 2020
I feel the same way and no it does not make you a wuss. Taking control, they only way possible is actually very strong. I've seen too many survive the things you mentioned in your post. Survived with no ability to take matters into their own hands, and be in control. To desire a peaceful passing that is for sure is all anybody wants.

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling, GoneGoneGone, Living_Hurts_so_Much and 1 other person
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
it's not you being a wuss, it's you being human. it's human nature to want to avoid pain (in most cases, at least).

for me, life has been painful for some time now, so the least i want to do is have a peaceful death. if the majority of my life was pain, then i don't see any point in making my last moments painful as well.

• Love
Reactions: shush, StupidLizard, Ghost2211 and 7 others
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
it's not you being a wuss, it's you being human. it's human nature to want to avoid pain (in most cases, at least).

for me, life has been painful for some time now, so the least i want to do is have a peaceful death. if the majority of my life was pain, then i don't see any point in making my last moments painful as well.
Well put. I think that's exactly what I feel. Thank you.

Deardaddy

Deardaddy

Student
May 20, 2019
U mean u fear pain. No, nothing should make you a wuss ,noone and ignore the stigma

• Love
Reactions: the-eternal
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Life is already so full of pain. In the end, you should experience as much peace as possible, I think.

Reactions: WearyOfStruggling, Sprite_Geist, alexit and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Pain is a bodily mechanism that tells you that you're in a bad situation and need to leave. No living organism that is capable of feeling pain enjoys it, because you are not supposed to. So no you're not a wuss, coward or "pussy" wanting to avoid it.

• Love
Reactions: 262653, WearyOfStruggling and alexit
Theregoesthatidea

Theregoesthatidea

ಥ﹏ಥ
Jul 7, 2020
Absolutely not. You have the right to be a little selfish when it comes to these things. Make yourself as comfortable as you can, pick a method with little to no pain if that's what you choose. Nobody here at least will think less of you for wanting to have a good quality last breath. We all want that too.

I get that sometimes these beliefs of avoiding weakness and preserving selflessness are sometimes very axiomatic values because i believed i deserved pain too. We're all ready and willing to discuss this with you if that's what you want.

Reactions: alexit
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Absolutely not. You have the right to be a little selfish when it comes to these things. Make yourself as comfortable as you can, pick a method with little to no pain if that's what you choose. Nobody here at least will think less of you for wanting to have a good quality last breath. We all want that too.

I get that sometimes these beliefs of avoiding weakness and preserving selflessness are sometimes very axiomatic values because i believed i deserved pain too. We're all ready and willing to discuss this with you if that's what you want.
Thank you.