M

mando

Mar 11, 2022
Every time SS is offline i think: "imagine it is gone for real, this would be a great loss"
Are there any alternative ways to access all the information gathered here?an archive maybe?

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
There are 3-4 that come to mind. Firstly, there is tor (although 1) the current address seemingly does not work and 2) this will not always work because it depends on the nature of the issue (I'm guessing that the. onion address is not hosted on a separate server)). Secondly, there are the Wayback machine and archive.md (archive.ph, etc.; same site). Thirdly, there's google cache. That said, only the first option will include "all of the information gathered here," the others will be limited in the available information, and you will not be able to use the search function.

Last edited:
M

mando

Mar 11, 2022
Great info, thanks.
I did not even try wayback macine etc. seeing the hostility for this subject i did not expect it there.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
My only other suggestions are to, for a given thread, screenshot, copy and paste, save the webpage as a PDF, or archive the page yourself on either of the two sites. I would say that the latter two options are the best, particularly for entire threads.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
an archive maybe?
www.archive.org - The Internet Wayback Machine.

Lots of info should be preserved there. Ofc this is not a kind a backup that could be used to setup a new forum with the old content.

M

mando

Mar 11, 2022
My only other suggestions are to, for a given thread, screenshot, copy and paste, save the webpage as a PDF, or archive the page yourself on either of the two sites. I would say that the latter two options are the best, particularly for entire threads.
A long time ago, at least 15 years, i used an application to "scrape "a website, setting parameters how deep.
With slow internet many hours, but eventually ending up with a working replica locally!