S

spinningship

Student
Dec 20, 2022
Does anyone else find their mood very quickly swinging from suicidal and unable to get out of bed to ludicrously happy over the course of literal hours? I find myself bursting at the seems with happiness sometimes for no logical reason. I suppose i'm quite lucky in a way because I at least know it's possible for me to feel better even if it's only short bursts. It feels like i've been taken back to the care-free moments of childhood when i'm in this state it's really like an altered consciousness. If I could stabilize my mood at like the midpoint between these states i'd be golden.

• Hugs
Reactions: western_heart, Sister of the Moon and leaf23
MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
Yeah 100%, I'm diagnosed with BPD though

AnxietyHangover

AnxietyHangover

Global Moderator
Aug 20, 2022
It was like reading my own thoughts! That's definitely another issue, which will require medication. :notsure:

F

ferny

Dec 14, 2021
Yeah big time. I'm diagnosed with depression, but have never really believed this to be my actual problem - it just doesn't make sense as my mood is so so unstable. Like I go from being like "everything is good, i'm excited about life" to wanting to kill myself in the matter of hours. I've never really figured out what actually causes this, although I'm currently getting an ADHD diagnosis which could maybe be involved but idk. It's so frustrating, because sometimes when I'm at appointments i'll be like yeah i'm completely fine even though i felt horrible the evening before. It makes it really hard to express how i feel and get adequate help.