lost.ghost

lost.ghost

dissolving mind
Jan 25, 2019
I had a friend kick me out of their life for being too depressing. Now I just feel stuck. I can't talk to anyone about my feelings without judgement or the fear of them leaving me. I appreciate you all so much, this is the only place where I feel I can truly vent deeply

Reactions: solitary wanderer, NoDream, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 10 others
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
I had a friend kick me out of their life for being too depressing. Now I just feel stuck. I can't talk to anyone about my feelings without judgement or the fear of them leaving me. I appreciate you all so much, this is the only place where I feel I can truly vent deeply

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm also quite alone and I know how hard it is.

Hugs.

Reactions: brighter, throwaway777, 21Neberg and 3 others
goxua

goxua

Student
Jan 28, 2019
Fuck, that's harsh.

Obviously, it was hurting them or it hurt them that they felt like they couldn't support you.

Hopefully being a part of this community assuages some of the aloneness you feel.

Please count me as a potential friend here. You can message me any time. I'm genetically a short-sleeper so am here heaps lol x

Reactions: brighter, throwaway777, Redt2go and 2 others
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019

Here you can speak without judgment.

Reactions: brighter, throwaway777, Redt2go and 2 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019

I'm sorry : (

I've had friends distance themselves from me because my life has become depressing. It's actually pretty common, unfortunately.

Reactions: odette, brighter, throwaway777 and 3 others
idecidewhen

idecidewhen

Feb 15, 2019
That's shitty. Some people can't handle people who feel.

Personally, I like being alone. It beats putting on front so someone else doesn't have to feel bad. For me that's lonely. Maybe you can be yourself now.

Reactions: lost.ghost, goxua, brighter and 1 other person
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Sounds like a horrible friend to me. I think you shouldn't be sad you lost him/her - he sounds like a loser for leaving you when you needed him/her the most. I have the same issue as you, not having anyone to be honest with in real life. I hope we both find that persoon soon, though.

Reactions: lost.ghost, Redt2go, brighter and 1 other person
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
"friend"? I'm sorry, true friends don't drop people when it gets too hard. True friends stick thru thick and thin. Listen, you're way better off not having people like that. It hurts, i pushed a lot of people away too. Don't worry you can come here. altho, it's not physical, we cant give a reassuring hug, we understand and most importantly don't judge.

Reactions: Eren, lost.ghost, goxua and 3 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
"friend"? I'm sorry, true friends don't drop people when it gets too hard. True friends stick thru thick and thin. Listen, you're way better off not having people like that. It hurts, i pushed a lot of people away too. Don't worry you can come here. altho, it's not physical, we cant give a reassuring hug, we understand and most importantly don't judge.

I once had a friend who I actually really liked but her life was chaotic, drama-filled mess. She would ask for advice but turn around and keep making the same horrible decisions over and over. She was also very needy and co-dependant. She would call me 5-6 times a day, every day, to vent about situations that for the most part, she had gotten herself into. If she wasn't calling, she was coming over unannounced to complain about her life. She was the kind of person who literally couldn't be alone, and I'm an introvert. It got to the point where I was anxious every time my phone rang, every time there was a knock at the door. I tried talking to her about it and she understood, but I don't think she could help herself.

After 3 years of this I had to prioritize my own mental health and end the friendship. Even 10 years later I still wonder if I made the right decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jolene40, odette, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 3 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well how important was the friendship to you really? If it was shallow and unfulfilling (as I find most friendships are) then hopefully it's not a big loss. I think all relationships have to be weighed up as far as how reciprocal they are and whether they're worth holding onto. The truth is, a lot of people just don't mix, but it can sometimes take a while before that truth is uncovered. It's almost like you have to go through x amount of shit with someone, kind of like a trial, before you know where you stand with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: lost.ghost, WhiteRabbit and Redt2go
lost.ghost

lost.ghost

dissolving mind
Jan 25, 2019
Well how important was the friendship to you really? If it was shallow and unfulfilling (as I find most friendships are) then hopefully it's not a big loss. I think all relationships have to be weighed up as far as how reciprocal they are and whether they're worth holding onto. The truth is, a lot of people just don't mix, but it can sometimes take a while before that truth is uncovered. It's almost like you have to go through x amount of shit with someone, kind of like a trial, before you know where you stand with them.
He was a close friend for a few years. Occasionally I would vent to him once in a while, but he told me we should part ways because I'm too depressing. It just made the situation worse, I was in a very bad place last night and cried for hours. Maybe I'm overreacting. I told one of my closest friends about it and she told me she can handle a lot and she's here for the long run. So maybe he wasn't much of a friend after all

Reactions: silentsinger, Kikoo Loool and Angst Filled Fuck Up
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
I know that feeling. The worst part is these people decieve you because you let them in and tell them your problems because they tell you their there for you and there not going anywhere. You tell them you don't want to strain the friendship and they say it's fine. Then they turn around later and say it's not fine anymore. That just leaves the person left behind in an even worse position because you wouldn't have probably bothered with that person in the first place if you new they'd give up on you.

Reactions: odette, Kikoo Loool and lost.ghost
odette

odette

Student
Feb 5, 2019
This is my whole life. I usually pretend to be all happy and cute and everyone loves it. They tell me how great it is that I'm always so happy and positive all the time no matter what. All the time I'm in so much pain that I have to hide. If I ever dare to open up just a little bit about how much pain I am, I am met with so much opposition.

"You're so much prettier when you're smiling."
"Nobody likes a sad sack."
"This isn't you. You're the happy positive girl!"

Or they just get weird and distant until I start being "normal" again. One time, alcohol made me brave enough to open up to a boyfriend about some painful stuff from my past that is always haunting me. He said he doesn't like it when I talk about sad things, he likes it when I'm happy and smiling. He was so committed to not hearing me talk about sad things that he refused to go out to pubs with me for a while in case I drink alcohol and open up again.

Another boyfriend was really loving and told me he wanted to know everything about me. So I got up some confidence and told him about some things that happened to me when I ran away when I was 16. He then got really weird and distant and a few days later told me "That was a bit much" and dumped me.

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, lost.ghost, Suicide_friend and 2 others
Pulpit2018

Pulpit2018

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
I would expect a real friend to be able to tolerate listening to your burdens.A friend that is only for beers is not very useful.
As for more intimate relationships,yes i think that it is important that both of them can confide and consolate on each other.Otherwise what the hell is the point?You want the support for the hard times.If you just want to share the happy moments,you can do that with anyone really.

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae, Kikoo Loool, lost.ghost and 1 other person