• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

sunbear1414

Jun 5, 2020
I am very allergic to peanuts and I'm not afraid of the pain it will cause.
However, I wouldn't mind it being less painful so does anyone have ideas on how to make it less painful?

Also what are your thoughts on this method in general?

Reactions: Taraxias
Fullmoonishere

Fullmoonishere

Jan 11, 2020
If you're very allegic, it's likely that you will have an anaphylactic shock if you eat (enough) peanuts. I've never experienced it but I cannot imagine your throat closing up and being unable to breathe is a pleasant experience. You will definitely feel panic, is that what you really want when-if you die?

Re less painful, I don't think there is anything you can do for that, as, again, anaphylactic shock is far from pleasant. I would suggest finding a different method.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Sensei, Yomyom and 1 other person
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
like full moon said, you'll start to panic. when you experience anaphylactic shock your body releases adrenaline to attempt to fight the reaction, which will only increase your anxiety. if you are okay dying in a state of extreme anxiety then go for it, just be aware it will not be pleasant

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Sensei, Yomyom and 2 others
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
As others have said, it would not be a pleasant experience, basically akin to being suffocated. Is the allergy severe enough that you carry an Epi-Pen for it?

I suppose one possible benefit would be if you made it look like you had consumed peanuts accidentally, your death could appear to be accidental rather than a suicide. You would of course have to carefully engineer the situation to be convincing, and make sure that there was no risk of anyone else blaming themselves for your consumption of peanuts. You would also have to make sure you weren't anywhere you could be saved, nor where anyone could blame themselves for failing to save you in time.

But if that isn't a benefit for you, and you aren't worried about appearing as a suicide, there are definitely more peaceful methods available for you to look up in the Resource Compilation.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed, Sensei and Yomyom
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
I also have a nut allergy.

One of my worst reactions I had whilst I wasn't at home and it fueled me with adrenaline and I ran off in the middle of the road with a swollen face all the way to my house :haha::haha: I had no control my body was put into fight or flight.

I often think about CTBing with nuts but then I think about the road running time and how your mind takes over. Not a reliable method haha.

S

sunbear1414

Jun 5, 2020
If you're very allegic, it's likely that you will have an anaphylactic shock if you eat (enough) peanuts. I've never experienced it but I cannot imagine your throat closing up and being unable to breathe is a pleasant experience. You will definitely feel panic, is that what you really want when-if you die?

Re less painful, I don't think there is anything you can do for that, as, again, anaphylactic shock is far from pleasant. I would suggest finding a different method.

Yeah I'm very allergic, I ate something about two years ago with some peanuts in it by accident (such a small amount I couldn't taste it) and went into anaphylactic shock and honestly I was pretty calm throughout the whole experience. It didn't get to the point where I couldn't breathe at all, it was just very hard to breathe and ngl I've experienced worse pain (period cramps are worse lol).

yeahh idk if i want to feel panic, it just that eating peanuts will guarantee that I will die compared to other methods
As others have said, it would not be a pleasant experience, basically akin to being suffocated. Is the allergy severe enough that you carry an Epi-Pen for it?

I suppose one possible benefit would be if you made it look like you had consumed peanuts accidentally, your death could appear to be accidental rather than a suicide. You would of course have to carefully engineer the situation to be convincing, and make sure that there was no risk of anyone else blaming themselves for your consumption of peanuts. You would also have to make sure you weren't anywhere you could be saved, nor where anyone could blame themselves for failing to save you in time.

But if that isn't a benefit for you, and you aren't worried about appearing as a suicide, there are definitely more peaceful methods available for you to look up in the Resource Compilation.

Yeah I carry an epipen and was thinking that maybe if i did eat the peanuts and then decided I didn't want to die I could stab myself with the epipen and go to hospital (they wont suspect suicide cause ill make it look like an accident so they wont put me under watch or anything). However, I'm also worried that my SI will kick in and I'll stab myself with the epipen regardless of whether I wanted to die or not. (side note: how do you tell the difference between SI and not actually wanting to die?)

I still havent made up my mind if I want people to know or not

Last edited:
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
[...]
Yeah I carry an epipen and was thinking that maybe if i did eat the peanuts and then decided I didn't want to die I could stab myself with the epipen and go to hospital (they wont suspect suicide cause ill make it look like an accident so they wont put me under watch or anything). However, I'm also worried that my SI will kick in and I'll stab myself with the epipen regardless of whether I wanted to die or not. (side note: how do you tell the difference between SI and not actually wanting to die?)

I still havent made up my mind if I want people to know or not

Please do not assume you will have the ability to administer an Epi-Pen to yourself during an allergic reaction. There's a reason why friends, family and teachers are taught to administer them to the patient.

My rule of thumb is if you can't tell whether it is SI or not wanting to die, it is probably not wanting to die. Would strongly suggest you consider therapy to determine whether things can improve before considering other more permanent actions.

S

sunbear1414

Jun 5, 2020
Please do not assume you will have the ability to administer an Epi-Pen to yourself during an allergic reaction. There's a reason why friends, family and teachers are taught to administer them to the patient.

My rule of thumb is if you can't tell whether it is SI or not wanting to die, it is probably not wanting to die. Would strongly suggest you consider therapy to determine whether things can improve before considering other more permanent actions.

ah yeah true, didnt think of that...

Yeah, I'm going to therapy, idk if i actually want to die, I just get really intense mood swings that go from being fine to about to ctb and then back to normal in a couple of minutes

I'm more planning for the future in terms of ctb, if things dont improve I want a solid plan

Reactions: autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
ah yeah true, didnt think of that...

Yeah, I'm going to therapy, idk if i actually want to die, I just get really intense mood swings that go from being fine to about to ctb and then back to normal in a couple of minutes

I'm more planning for the future in terms of ctb, if things dont improve I want a solid plan

Glad to hear you are going to therapy, and there's nothing wrong with having a solid backup plan as long as it doesn't prevent you from giving therapy the best possible shot.

Reactions: sunbear1414