antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
It's been a while since I've last played TESV Skyrim, but I've seen a few Skyrim lovers around here, so I figured we could use this thread to share experiences, opinions, funny bugs, memes etc. that are related to this awesome game.
ef555cfe25bfdbf7e9d6b3b0c0efe715.gif

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Looooser, waitingforrest and 8 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This game came out right before my first son was born. It's hard to believe its been that long. I used to play it while rocking him in his rocker with my foot :))

I've been a huge TES fan since Arena. People joke about how long its been and we still haven't had a new installment. But Bethesda has already stated years back that they were making a new engine for the next one. Creating a new engine takes about as much time as creating a whole new game.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Looooser, Manaaja and 4 others
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
This game came out right before my first son was born. It's hard to believe its been that long. I used to play it while rocking him in his rocker with my foot :))

I've been a huge TES fan since Arena. People joke about how long its been and we still haven't had a new installment. But Bethesda has already stated years back that they were making a new engine for the next one. Creating a new engine takes about as much time as creating a whole new game.
How awesome! I can't believe it's been that long since then either. I'm curious what they'll release in the future and what the new engine will be like. Which TES game is your favorite and why?

Reactions: Looooser, Wraith and Brick In The Wall
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I quite like Skyrim. I'm a huge fantasy buff and played all the old school video games like Baldur's Gate and Diablo prior to trying it. I also gave Oblivion a shot. But the Elder Scrolls games feel a bit too open ended and in some ways not immersive enough for me. I like a little more structure. It often felt like I was just traveling between towns trying to find something to do without a solid grasp of the core quests.

I am really curious what The Elder Scrolls 6 will look like though. I imagine the graphics will be amazing, at least.

Reactions: Looooser, 262653, Marchioness and 2 others
creative

creative

Why am I here
Nov 9, 2020
I got Skyrim with my older brother while he was still in the army. We picked it up at GameStop on the day of release. I remember loading it up and being so excited and thinking it was going to be so fun. 15 different characters later and I still comeback to it some days. On PC now with mods of course

Reactions: Good4Nothing, Wraith and antigone_iris
Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Hope ur final midnight feels like the hug you need
Nov 8, 2020
Ahh.... The game I'll never finish because I break it with mods constantly. And I'll do it again no regrets. I love this "it's not a bug, it's a feature" game haha.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Wraith and antigone_iris
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
15 different characters later and I still comeback to it some days. On PC now with mods of course
I thought I was the only one making lots of characters :ahhha: I also use mods. Is there a particular class that you prefer?
Ahh.... The game I'll never finish because I break it with mods constantly. And I'll do it again no regrets. I love this "it's not a bug, it's a feature" game haha.
In what way do you "break it with mods"?

Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Hope ur final midnight feels like the hug you need
Nov 8, 2020
I thought I was the only one making lots of characters :ahhha: I also use mods. Is there a particular class that you prefer?

In what way do you "break it with mods"?

I add too many to the point I get clumsy and then don't wanna figure out which one it is that makes my game stop working and acting weird. Then I turn it off for a year. And then delete it and reinstall it, and start the cycle again. I love it.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and antigone_iris
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
How awesome! I can't believe it's been that long since then either. I'm curious what they'll release in the future and what the new engine will be like. Which TES game is your favorite and why?
Probably Morrowind GoTY edition on Xbox Original. Morrowind is my favorite because of how hand crafted every aspect of the game was. Every cave or location had some sort of unique aspect to it and they weren't randomly generated like the majority of locations were in oblivion.

It was also one of the last RPGs that didn't hold your hand with quest markers and the like. You had a journal and entries would be added to the journal, these entries were "quests." You would be given directions to the location and you had to work out where to go. Sometimes you'd be given bad directions because the NPC mis-remembered where it was or they just straight up lied. It was also possible to break the main questline and the game would warn you if you had, giving you a chance to either load a save or continue on.

The PC version is better in terms of being able to mod it, but I specifically picked the Xbox GoTY version because it was the first console game to ever receive expansion packs. So they broke alot of new ground there. The game is a masterpiece and honestly still my favorite RPG to this day.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 262653 and antigone_iris
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
Probably Morrowind GoTY edition on Xbox Original. Morrowind is my favorite because of how hand crafted every aspect of the game was. Every cave or location had some sort of unique aspect to it and they weren't randomly generated like the majority of locations were in oblivion.

It was also one of the last RPGs that didn't hold your hand with quest markers and the like. You had a journal and entries would be added to the journal, these entries were "quests." You would be given directions to the location and you had to work out where to go. Sometimes you'd be given bad directions because the NPC mis-remembered where it was or they just straight up lied. It was also possible to break the main questline and the game would warn you if you had, giving you a chance to either load a save or continue on.

The PC version is better in terms of being able to mod it, but I specifically picked the Xbox GoTY version because it was the first console game to ever receive expansion packs. So they broke alot of new ground there. The game is a masterpiece and honestly still my favorite RPG to this day.
Yessss! Morrowind is a masterpiece. I loved how immersive it was and the choices you could make. If only Skyrim's quests and storyline were like Morrowind's... I feel like the Dragonborn is a bit of a slave, despite their power. Mods are nice, but I think that some of them break the flow, or just don't go well with the game. Morrowind had the classes, and the houses and all those awesome spells... Skyrim is a bit stripped down, I feel, and it's too bad, 'cause I like the nordic theme with dragons and stuff :D

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Loved skyrim's dark brother quest line, and the civil war. I had always wanted to play skyrim in general, but could never afford the system for it until my brother had bought a xbox 360 and I could bum it that way. The dark brotherhood was a big favorite for how close I felt to the members there, the feeling of us against anyone outside the group, and the idea of sanctuary, where any dejected reject with a screw loose could find a home, and then you have the civil war, where it's you and your nordic kinsmen attacking anyone who tried to tarnish the beauty of skyrim with their prescence and wish to control, the elves, and the imperials especially. Those were my highlights, but then again there is just too many things that I enjoyed to list.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: antigone_iris
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
Loved skyrim's dark brother quest line, and the civil war. I had always wanted to play skyrim in general, but could never afford the system for it until my brother had bought a xbox 360 and I could bum it that way. The dark brotherhood was a big favorite for how close I felt to the members there, the feeling of us against anyone outside the group, and the idea of sanctuary, where any dejected reject with a screw loose could find a home, and then you have the civil war, where it's you and your nordic kinsmen attacking anyone who tried to tarnish the beauty of skyrim with their prescence and wish to control, the elves, and the imperials especially. Those were my highlights, but then again there is just too many things that I enjoyed to list.
Did you have a favorite DB member?

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Did you have a favorite DB member?
That one's a bit hard, I really just liked coming back after a mission and just having them all there. If I had to choose, it would probably be either nazeem with his twisted personality, or veezera. I had a run where I had just killed the emperor's cousin, and stood around to take her away afterwards, and the lizard shows up, smacks one guard with his dagger and then calmly walks off. I thought it was funny, since I had just commited capital murder and he walks away as if nothing happened no danger here.

antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
the lizard shows up, smacks one guard with his dagger and then calmly walks off. I thought it was funny, since I had just commited capital murder and he walks away as if nothing happened no danger here.
Hahaha, gotta love Skyrim NPCs :ahhha: :pfff:

Reactions: Panna
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
The only Elder Scrolls I've ever played is Skyrim. I love it. It's one of my favorite games of all time. This one prefers playing as a Kahjiit.

I recently deleted all my mods and installed new ones to start fresh, and I kinda wish I hadn't done that. My favorite mods aren't available anymore, and I miss them. Im happy with my new graphics set up, though. Looks amazing.

• Love
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
The only Elder Scrolls I've ever played is Skyrim. I love it. It's one of my favorite games of all time. This one prefers playing as a Kahjiit.

I recently deleted all my mods and installed new ones to start fresh, and I kinda wish I hadn't done that. My favorite mods aren't available anymore, and I miss them. Im happy with my new graphics set up, though. Looks amazing.

I like khajiit. They have nice wares :hihi:

f71.png

• Love
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, 262653, Panna and 1 other person

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Remember the bucket over the head stealing method? I remember.

I really liked playing vampires. There are at least three decent vampire overhaul mods: Better Vampires, Vampiric Thirst, and Sacrosanct. I like how lore-friendly VT is, and how well written is the description of its features. Kinda OP but a lot of fun imo. Works wonderful with Requiem.

I also liked vampirism in Morrowind. You're basically thrown out like a naked baby in the wood, and have to somehow figure out on your own how to live with it, and how to cure it. No quest markers, no step-by-step instructions.

Did anyone play Daggerfall here? I had such a hard time setting up the game, and customizing the controls, that I was thinking about just ditching the game, but once I've figured these things out and player the game, I understood it was worth it. The dungeons are real labytinths where it's easy to get lost in for a careless explorer. The game has a customizable magic system, like in Morrowind. The skeletons are creepy, and the diseases are dangerous.

Reactions: Manaaja
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

A canine that’s not so heavenly.
Sep 18, 2021
Stormcloaks or Imperials?

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
I've been playing it a lot since it came out, currently I'm playing a new run with a new khajiit hero named Snefru.

• Wow
Reactions: Dysgenic Pup
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

Sep 18, 2021
I never got further than Whiterun in my previous plays. I've been playing it lately and have became thane of Whiterun, Falkreath, Solitude, and Riften. I might actually finish the game for once.

Reactions: Manaaja
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
is a very long game with numerous storylines, full of adventures and enemies to defeat, it requires hundreds of hours to be played well and therefore a lot of free time to devote to it.

it's a game where you are the protagonist of your story: you decide what to do, where to go, who to become; you can become a fearless warrior, a mighty sorcerer, a thief, a vampire, a vampire hunter, a werewolf ... it's one of the games with the greatest amount of possibilities I've ever seen.

its only flaw is the numerous bugs, so it is advisable to save your game often, especially when you find nice weapons or armor or when you defeat a very powerful enemy.

Reactions: Dysgenic Pup
Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Stormcloaks, traditionalism is the best way to run a community. I know that ulfric is power hungry, but he is the lesser evil compared to the imperial way. Destroy famial and neighborly bonds, forsake their religion and cause tension amongst the nords for the sake of "everyone". I honestly dont get how others can join the imperials ideology.

Reactions: Fragile and Dysgenic Pup
Dysgenic Pup

Dysgenic Pup

Sep 18, 2021
Stormcloaks, traditionalism is the best way to run a community. I know that ulfric is power hungry, but he is the lesser evil compared to the imperial way. Destroy famial and neighborly bonds, forsake their religion and cause tension amongst the nords for the sake of "everyone". I honestly dont get how others can join the imperials ideology.
I agree.

Blue Mushroom

Blue Mushroom

Feb 12, 2022
its only flaw is the numerous bugs
Skyrim biggest flaws aren't it's bugs, far from it. Very few bugs still exist in the game, it's not 2011 anymore.
Races not being as distinct anymore, unique items not being unique aside from visuals, dungeons don't have a lot of variety, attributes and skills being dumbed down, tons of railroading when it comes to quests, magic is very lacking, the lore of the province got a bit butchered (granted it wasn't nearly as bad as Oblivion), etc. That's all that comes to mind right now. Skyrim has flaws, lots of them. I still love playing the game (mostly due to my love for the world of TES though) and have around 500h on it at this point but saying it has no flaws except for bugs is dumb.
Ulfric doesn't really care about Skyrim's independence, or the welfare of its people. He's nothing more than a egomaniac, whose lust for power has cost the lives of countless innocents. He'd make a terrible High King. His xenophobia is making Skyrim potentially lose a great ally, the Dunmer. Instead of helping them he's having them live in a slum and doing nothing about it. If the Stormcloaks win, Skyrim is in a really bad position. Thalmor could easily invade and they'd have no help from the Empire. Skyrim, just having gone through a civil war and being attacked by dragons would not stand a chance vs. the Thalmor especially considering the economic state it'll be in after the civil war and losing all of its trade routes. Talos is not going to come from
Aetherius to come and help Skyrim in it's time of need just because you're able to properly pray to him now or anything like that. The Dragonborn ain't going to be there to help either, he/she is busy drinking tea with Hermaeus Mora in Apocrypha.
If I knew everything I know right now, was the Dragonborn and the choice was ''Stormcloaks or Imperials'' with no other options, I'd for sure go with the Imperials and hope the new emperor will fix the shitty situation the Empire finds itself in. But I still completely understand the people in Skyrim who follow Ulfric, they don't know what we know, they just want their freedom back. But what's the point of a free Skyrim if it gets taken over by the Thalmor later on? Or hell, if they succeed in making Mundus cease to exist altogether?
I dislike the Empire but it's the best thing Tamriel has vs. the Thalmor.

Man I wish I'll find the will to live till TES 6 releases (so 2025-7), not as if it really matters since I believe in non-existence after death, but still... I guess I just can't comprehend non-existence well enough considering I still care about stuff like this, what am I on about?
>tfw ywn live in the world of Tamriel
FeelsBadMan, just want to explore and learn more of the world with an Argonian (honestly any race would do, just think Argonians are the coolest) adventuring partner

Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
Skyrim biggest flaws aren't it's bugs, far from it. Very few bugs still exist in the game, it's not 2011 anymore.
Races not being as distinct anymore, unique items not being unique aside from visuals, dungeons don't have a lot of variety, attributes and skills being dumbed down, tons of railroading when it comes to quests, magic is very lacking, the lore of the province got a bit butchered (granted it wasn't nearly as bad as Oblivion), etc. That's all that comes to mind right now. Skyrim has flaws, lots of them. I still love playing the game (mostly due to my love for the world of TES though) and have around 500h on it at this point but saying it has no flaws except for bugs is dumb.
there we are not talking about flaws but about limits.

the flaws you have listed are the typical flaws of most video game RPGs, all RPGs are extremely limited in mechanics and variety, they are not in the least comparable to tabletop RPGs that come with a Dungeon Master that has the imagination as the only limit;

for me they are not even flaws because the game is enjoyable even with those limits it has, the same cannot be said for the numerous bugs that repeatedly forced me to restart the game and in some cases to start all over again.

Blue Mushroom

Blue Mushroom

Feb 12, 2022
there we are not talking about flaws but about limits.
I somewhat understand what you're getting at but this is not about limits, the things I listed out were in the game not due to engine or budget limitations, this is about decisions made during the development of the game which resulted in the end product suffering. The flaws that I listed are largely not present in the previous two Elder Scrolls titles and most wouldn't have been hard to implement.
for me they are not even flaws because the game is enjoyable even with those limits it has
Just because the end product is still enjoyable doesn't mean it can't have any flaws. Dude, cmon, don't make me make a shitty food analogy.

U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
Redgaurd every play through.

Fuck the stormfront-stormcloak nazis. i kill em all day. don't @ me.

Blue Mushroom

Blue Mushroom

Feb 12, 2022
why would it be? whats wrong with redguards?
Why are you immediately implying I have anything against redguards?
What I got a problem with is you calling Stormcloaks nazis. Do you not understand how far removed from our modern conception of morality the people of TES are? Applying modern day morality to the world of TES is frankly retarded.

Reactions: Fragile