gender.fluid_cain

gender.fluid_cain

Nov 21, 2023
Hi, I'm new here and not really sure if I put this on the right category, if I didn't I'm sorry
I've been depressed and suicidal for a while now and I've gone to SO MANY psychologists it gets hard to count.
the thing is all of them either tried to change me with ridiculous advice or made me feel like a dramatic pig
one told me I should wear colorful clothes, because then I would be able to exteriorize happiness then it would come back to me(??)
another told me I shouldn't say I wanna kill myself too much because it would make the idea attractive (when it already is/ also aren't I suppose to say what I think and feel on therapy sessions?)
and in the end I feel so hopeless since I don't think my meds are working properly and I cannot seem to find a professional that'll actually help me climb out of this grave
I don't wanna wake up tomorow to feel the same emptyness and it's hard to think better days will come when my efforts to break this cycle end up worthless.
I am thinking of ODing with paracetamol, but I'm not sure if it's the best way yet

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BlockHammer, Lostandlooking, 0000000000000 and 4 others
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Yeah they can be awful, I have even worse experiences. They practically ruined my life.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Therapy ruined my life too. The only people we should pay for gaslighting is the utilities company.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlockHammer, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Kariope and 3 others
easyescape

easyescape

doomscroll 'til i die!
Oct 10, 2023
your psychologists seem to be attacking your symptoms, not the cause(s). i talked to a psychiatrist and they focused on what was actually causing me to exhibit depressive symptoms. mind you, i didn't take their advice because i'm a lazy pos but i recommend seeing an actual psychiatrist, who has a medical license. also recommend reading up on things called cognitive distortions. good luck fellow sufferer

• Love
Reactions: funguy, 0000000000000, gender.fluid_cain and 1 other person
pictures

pictures

Jul 19, 2023
not a single one helped me in anyway i wasted so much time and money for them just to say its ok and im depressed and put me on pills and send me to a hospital and sent me my way i think its useless to try to get help from them they just take your money and time for themselves it is so not worth going to see a Psychologist

Reactions: 0000000000000
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Hi, I'm new here and not really sure if I put this on the right category, if I didn't I'm sorry
I've been depressed and suicidal for a while now and I've gone to SO MANY psychologists it gets hard to count.
the thing is all of them either tried to change me with ridiculous advice or made me feel like a dramatic pig
one told me I should wear colorful clothes, because then I would be able to exteriorize happiness then it would come back to me(??)
another told me I shouldn't say I wanna kill myself too much because it would make the idea attractive (when it already is/ also aren't I suppose to say what I think and feel on therapy sessions?)
and in the end I feel so hopeless since I don't think my meds are working properly and I cannot seem to find a professional that'll actually help me climb out of this grave
I don't wanna wake up tomorow to feel the same emptyness and it's hard to think better days will come when my efforts to break this cycle end up worthless.
I am thinking of ODing with paracetamol, but I'm not sure if it's the best way yet
I am very sorry this has gone badly for you- most psychologists are eitehr incompetent or they want to keep you sick so that they can keep makig money off you- there are rare cases where they can help. Medications don't help most people and they can have terrible lasting side effects- I don't even want to put them here because this post is depressing enough. Finding people who care, family or friends, is the key, plu solving whatever your key issues are- financial, .loneliness, etcc. I'm not saying it's easy, but the so-calle3d professionals usually just exploit peopel for money and don't help. You might find help in videos posted about depression on youtube, often posted by so9me of the truly caring peopel who have recovered or some of the few doctors who really care. This is a better resource than most psychologists or psychiatrists. I hope you can find a way to make some progress.

• Love
Reactions: gender.fluid_cain
Viranamari

Viranamari

A Future Corpse
Feb 22, 2023
Most if not all psychologists don't really care for you which explains why their advice might sound so absurd. They just don't get the full picture no matter how many times you explain it to them. After all, they profit from other people's suffering. That's not to say that there aren't good psychologists out there. There are but it's really rare which explains a lot. Some psychologists don't even try to make things better so they can continue profiting off of you.I'd say self- help works even better than therapy for me. Perhaps you might want to try that out instead and not see therapists you have anymore if they're that incompetent.

Reactions: BlockHammer and 0000000000000
kelimackie

kelimackie

bleh
Sep 22, 2023
I feel you, I had a psychologist tell me my sexual trauma wasn't that bad because the offender was also a teenager when it happened, like what?

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, 0000000000000 and Someone123
Rher

Rher

Nov 22, 2023
A lot of psychologist are a load of garbage when it comes to giving mental health advice. Have you tried talking with anybody close?

Reactions: 0000000000000
easyescape

easyescape

doomscroll 'til i die!
Oct 10, 2023
something to add if you're willing to listen, please don't go the tylenol route, there are many painful failure stories out there. you'll most likely suffer for a few days as your liver tries to process it all, which causes extensive damage as the cells start dying. and even then, the chances of success are quite low. not worth the risk for me

Reactions: Lostandlooking
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm sorry you've had this experience. Can't say I have much faith in them either. Some people benefit but I think it can take time (and money) to find a good match. I think it's also going to be the most effective if you are open to recovery- which is why I don't think it would work for me.

As a side note- I'd reconsider a paracetamol overdose if I were you. It isn't very reliable and often can lead to major organ damage with the person surviving in a worse state. There are even members here who have tried it and failed and the experience sounds awful. When you have more posts, the search option will become available- so I'd recommend you use that then to look at it and other methods.

gender.fluid_cain

gender.fluid_cain

Nov 21, 2023
A lot of psychologist are a load of garbage when it comes to giving mental health advice. Have you tried talking with anybody close?
I did, actually. But I cannot help but feel like I'm the pigeon shitting on their parade so I tend to have a hard time talking about the things that really hurt.
I'll try again tough, I guess I need to open up a little as well
I'm sorry you've had this experience. Can't say I have much faith in them either. Some people benefit but I think it can take time (and money) to find a good match. I think it's also going to be the most effective if you are open to recovery- which is why I don't think it would work for me.

As a side note- I'd reconsider a paracetamol overdose if I were you. It isn't very reliable and often can lead to major organ damage with the person surviving in a worse state. There are even members here who have tried it and failed and the experience sounds awful. When you have more posts, the search option will become available- so I'd recommend you use that then to look at it and other methods.
oh I will, thank you

• Hugs
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
my therapist was a younger lady like 22-23 and thought it would be funny to drop me as a patient and say i was unfixable. all i did was talk to her why am i expected to just say yes maam youre right when youre in fact not right your job is to fucking help me and she kicks me to the curb. it disgusted me but it helped me see im truly alone with my self and my problems, meds only do what theyre meant to but talking to people i dont get it i guess.

• Aww..
Reactions: gender.fluid_cain and Lostandlooking
Rher

Rher

Nov 22, 2023
I did, actually. But I cannot help but feel like I'm the pigeon shitting on their parade so I tend to have a hard time talking about the things that really hurt.
I'll try again tough, I guess I need to open up a little as well
I see, I hope things get better for you. I had tried opening up to my close friends- I don't know if you'll feel the same, but I was disappointed and full of guilt. I think I preferred the lies and always having a fake smile on my face and lying about the kind of person I am. Its up to you on whether you want to ctb or not, its your choice; suicide is a moral obligation and chosen of your own volition. I just hope you don't come to regret the choice, which is why I think you should carefully consider it over and really ask yourself what you truly want to do. But hey, no life is perfect and I think if you want to recover, for some people, talking to others is a great step forward as long as its what you prefer.

BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
Sometimes, hearing story like this makes me wonder if all therapist are this incompetent. After getting my 1st job, im planning to go to a therapist just to make an fair jugdment about them. But man, sometimes im affraid going to a therapist will just make you waste your money for no reason