A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
I got my period today. I'm having painful cramps and my back hurts too. Can someone suggest any cheap pain medication for that?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
certified_idiot

certified_idiot

No Longer Human
Dec 5, 2023
Advil works pretty well for me, and it's available at almost every pharmacy, at least where I live in the US. Other countries have different names for medications, so you might want to look up what the equivalent is in your country.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: a.fool, leavingthesoultrap, doormat25 and 2 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
Aleve (Naproxen), Tylenol (Acetaminophen) , or Ibuprofen (not sure about this one because I haven't had it in years)

I assume Aleve should probably work the best since I am currently on a high dosage of Naproxen (500mg every 6-8 hours 2 times a day if I am having cramps) but everyone's body works differently so what may work for one person may not work for someone else (since I currently have lighter flows due to other medications to prevent anemia)

I would be careful as well because too much could do stuff to your liver or kidneys I think

hope this helps

edit: also recommend keeping warm (hot water bottle or heated blanket) and avoiding caffeine (not sure if it's just me but caffeine while on my period makes me have bad cramps but I still cannot resist a caffeinated beverage)

Last edited:
Reactions: a.fool, doormat25 and ctvunny
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
heat!
And exercise, but this isnt as immediate as heat. i find it more of a preventative type thing

Reactions: a.fool and psp3000
Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
heat!
And exercise, but this isnt as immediate as heat. i find it more of a preventative type thing
Agree, a combo of Ibuprofen, child's pose (yoga position) and a heating pad helps.

Reactions: a.fool
A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
Advil works pretty well for me, and it's available at almost every pharmacy, at least where I live in the US. Other countries have different names for medications, so you might want to look up what the equivalent is in your country.
Aleve (Naproxen), Tylenol (Acetaminophen) , or Ibuprofen (not sure about this one because I haven't had it in years)

I assume Aleve should probably work the best since I am currently on a high dosage of Naproxen (500mg every 6-8 hours 2 times a day if I am having cramps) but everyone's body works differently so what may work for one person may not work for someone else (since I currently have lighter flows due to other medications to prevent anemia)
Thank you. I'll look it up according to my area.
I would be careful as well because too much could do stuff to your liver or kidneys I think
That's the reason why I always avoid taking any medication and I just bear the pain every month.
hope this helps

edit: also recommend keeping warm (hot water bottle or heated blanket) and avoiding caffeine (not sure if it's just me but caffeine while on my period makes me have bad cramps but I still cannot resist a caffeinated beverage)
I don't consume caffeine in general anyways. Thanks for helping!
heat!
I was going to skip exercising today but now I'll exercise! Thanks.
heat!
I was going to skip exercising today but now I'll exercise! Thanks.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: psp3000
Kariope

Kariope

Student
Feb 9, 2023
Seconding the first poster, Advil works nicely. Last time mine got bad to the point of nausea and pills didn't help an adhesive pad came in handy and solved the problem so quicky I got impressed. I've also heard masturbation helps easing it?

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: psp3000 and a.fool
A

a.fool

Student
Jun 27, 2023
Seconding the first poster, Advil works nicely. Last time mine got bad to the point of nausea and pills didn't help an adhesive pad came in handy and solved the problem so quicky I got impressed. I've also heard masturbation helps easing it?
I've heard masturbation does help with the pain but right now I'm trying to not get addicted to it and trying to stop doing it.

• Hugs
Reactions: psp3000 and Kariope
tsykoais

tsykoais

i can't drown my demons they know how to swim
Apr 9, 2023
advil works so well for me

Reactions: a.fool